Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-19-2004   #1
Kingzofthejungle
Rookie

Default Turnover Texans - That cae through!

As I predicted early in the week. The Texans turn the ball over and ROY the beast dominates your weak secondary. KJ also had a good day on the ground. Joey comes through in the clutch and or dlines dominates the Texans.
I predicted 31-17 and if not for a missed field goal the score was right on.

FYI! David Carr is bordering on a bust. Decent stats, but can't win!
Old 09-19-2004   #2
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingzofthejungle
That is why Carr won one more game in his rookie year playing for an expansion team then Harrington did??? And do I have to mention that Harrington has been benched repeatdly over his career while Carr hasnt???

Number of wins for Carr when he has played in a game (and again, he played for an expansion and didnt miss a snap while taking 76 sacks)- 8
Number of wins for Harrington's when he has played in a game (and again, he was benched for McMahon in a couple of instances)- 10

Carr is not a bust...

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004   #3
HoustonLionsFan
Veteran

He was benched once. Not a couple times. And McMike did worse than him in that game.

Oh, and Joey didn't start the first 3 or 4 games his rookie year, and was out with heart problems the last 3 or 4.

But I'm not saying Carr is a bust, just cleaning up your mis-statements
HoustonLionsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004   #4
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonLionsFan
Oh, and Joey didn't start the first 3 or 4 games his rookie year, and was out with heart problems the last 3 or 4.
I just looked at the final wins total and hoped that I was right...I really didnt want to do any research but thanks for clearing that up...

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004   #5
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

Quote:
As I predicted early in the week. The Texans turn the ball over and ROY the beast dominates your weak secondary. KJ also had a good day on the ground. Joey comes through in the clutch and or dlines dominates the Texans.

Yeah like its Davids fault that Davis cant hold onto the ball !!!! if KJ would of fumbled twice i'm sure this game would of been a turnaround. So dont talk bad about Carr he's only one man ,,,what you want him to hold Davis's hand while he runs the ball or something lol !!!
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004   #6
wags
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 wags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famer

Quote:

Kingz, you remind me of someone I know in Florida who voted for Buchanan.
Old 09-19-2004   #7
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3791 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Quote:
This from the same guy who claimed Baltimore was an expansion team. What kind of information do you expect to get out of a person like that.

BTW You might want to refrain from using the word bust when you drafted McDougle and Rogers. Not to mention the fact that Lions fans aren't even fully behind Harrington.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-20-2004   #8
Kingzofthejungle
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasguy346
This from the same guy who claimed Baltimore was an expansion team. What kind of information do you expect to get out of a person like that.

BTW You might want to refrain from using the word bust when you drafted McDougle and Rogers. Not to mention the fact that Lions fans aren't even fully behind Harrington.
So Baltimore moved from Cleveland. Big deal wrong use of wording. I am behind Joey always have been. I am smart enough to understand young QBs need time to learn. Carr seems to still get sacked alot and does not make good/quick decisions in my opinion. Sure he can put up numbers and throws a good deep ball, but he has shown little with better talent than Joey and some of your FANS were calling Joey a bust.

It is all about winning not numbers. Give me wins all day over numbers!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read