Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-13-2004   #41
KingRat
Rookie

To look at this from another perspective, who's toes have we stepped on just trying to scratch out a few wins? Who is out there starting to hate us?

Dallas for sure, because we can always go 'scoreboard' on them, for 4 years.
Miami maybe, because we started there year off on a sour note last year, at home no less, and they came up about one game shy of the playoffs.
Pittsburgh, because we blew them up, defensively at least, on their turf.
We beat Buffalo there, but they were having a sorry season anyway.

any others?
KingRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004   #42
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think Jerry Jones is very classy either but he does seem to have a way to get things done.

And I'm going to dodge the flames thrown here but I've never thought Bud Adams was a bad owner either. I don't like the move either and Houston got took...but he, as far as I know, lets the football guys run the team and he stays out of all that.

The owners are a breed unto themselves. They are going to do what is best for their pocketbook. Some are more classy and some are less. But you find that if you work at the Stop and Go.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004   #43
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

I would say the Cardinals. Sure we have played them yet. Sure we could care less about them yet. But SOMEONE has to be their rivals, right?
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004   #44
Texans834
Rookie

Send a message via AIM to Texans834
Exclamation Rivarly

The biggest riverly by the end of this years will be the Colts because the Texans are goin be running for the division title!!!!!
Texans834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004   #45
TexanExile
Square 1 again

Rep Power: 3475 TexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOgre
I would say the Cardinals. Sure we have played them yet. Sure we could care less about them yet. But SOMEONE has to be their rivals, right?

People probably say the same thing about the Jags!

I gotta go with the Titans, for now. There's enough REASON there for a rivalry, even if there isn't a lot of rival-type history for the Texans yet.
TexanExile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004   #46
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

The Cowboys have the Redskins- Parcells vs. Gibbs

The Oilers I mean the Titans have the Colts- perennial big game losers

The Texans got Jaguars- post expansion teams on the way up

simple equation.

now who has the Patriots
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004   #47
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Patriots is easy. Everyone in the AFC East

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-15-2004   #48
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelBlue
Patriots is easy. Everyone in the AFC East
Well if you put it that way I'd say the entire NFC because thats who is going to have to beat them for the Superbowl this coming January in of all places Jacksonville
Old 05-16-2004   #49
OzTexan
Rookie

it will be dallas allways but im looking 4ward to a rivalry with Jax!!! we are going to have some great battles over the next 5yrs or so!
OzTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2004   #50
brickmantexanfan
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to brickmantexanfan Send a message via Yahoo to brickmantexanfan
Default Titans

I really believe the Titans are our biggest rivalry,but on a personal note since I live with a chiefs freak,it is becoming a big game at our house and living in a town of about 10,000 people and 90% of them being chiefs fans it gives me a little different insight,I am the only Texans fan in this town and I get a lot of **** when We play the Chiefs,and I would love to beat them this year in Arrowhead Stadium. TOROTOONS WHERE COWBOYS AND TITANS SUCK
Old 05-17-2004   #51
FOOTBALL1999
Rookie

Exclamation

people could say the same thing about jacksonville? what is that?????

i dont think the that the cardinals have any real rivalries they cant beat anybody

the last team the jags think about is the texans although the team looks up to jax in how they handled the expansion and carolina, the titans are the jags big rival they hate eachother

i dont personally know that the texans already have a heated rival just wondering who will be their biggest rival

whats up with the wise crack about the superbowl being in jax??????
FOOTBALL1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004   #52
dmt217
Veteran

Most hated: probably The Cowboys
Biggest rival: The Titans
The next Superbowl: in Jacksonville
dmt217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004   #53
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanExile
People probably say the same thing about the Jags!

I gotta go with the Titans, for now. There's enough REASON there for a rivalry, even if there isn't a lot of rival-type history for the Texans yet.
I like the Jags to be our chief rivals. I think both teams are rising at the same time.

I obviously was kidding about the Cards. The Cardinals have been around for what 80+ years and they really do not have a rival? I guess you have to win for another team to hate you.
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004   #54
Shotgun30
Rookie

Cowboys....enough said!
Shotgun30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005   #55
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 138002 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Looking back on the season now.

our rivals
Jags.. to me we have solidified a rivalry this season.. we knocked them out of playoff contention. This is our rivalry no question.. Think back of all the vicious hits they have laid on us and what we have laid on them. Plus we still have players from their team (Payne,Walker)

Colts... running up the score accusations against us the 1st time has got our blood boilng

Cowboys.. Football is big in Texas and Bragging rights are a big thing here. Besides Cowboys have always been the pride and joy of Texas.. Houston teams seem to be "step child" of the Texas media. Dallas was always the good son (winning superbowls) and Houston is known as the bad son that did things wrong (losing in playoffs)

Titans.. IMO only to the fans. Yes they are division rivals, but it isn't like Cleveland -Ravens... When I think of Titan-Texan rivalry... it is along the lines of the Colts and Raven's rivalry..but a step above being we play the titans twice a year.. if the Titans were in playoff contention this season and we knocked them out (or vise versa) then a rivalry would develope.. BTW is McNair the only one left know of the Oiler days?
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005   #56
beerlover
Site Contributor

I'd generally agree with Wolf, with the exception of the Colts because scoreboard we are 0-6 against them & until we can at least split the season and influence the playoffs vs them its just another conference game.

the Jags gotta be hating the Texans however, having directly snuffed out their playoffs last year in the process sweeping them like sand under the rug.
Old 02-20-2005   #57
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Section: 111, Row Q
Rep Power: 347 Texans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respected

Jaguars, Jaguars, Jaguars!!! I HATE THEM...I foam at the mouth like a dog with rabbies when it comes time to play them...I will surely be flying in from Denver for that game next year.
Texans Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005   #58
brickmantexanfan
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to brickmantexanfan Send a message via Yahoo to brickmantexanfan

I still hate the cowboys but i believe KC is turning into a big rival not the biggest yet,so lets say the Titans right now juse because of the history of them,ofcourse that might also just be me because after they left Houston i didn't follow and had to go without a football till the Texans came along
Old 02-20-2005   #59
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

id definatly say the Jags. The Cowboys and Titans are a fan thing..we like to see them get beaten by our team.. but the Jags are a fan thing AND a player thing. The Texans players dont like the jags much either.. and you can see it when these two teams play.

Texans Vs. Jaguars is definatly our biggest rivalry right now, and I look forward to it twice a year for years to come
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005   #60
TMac48
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to TMac48

What's wrong with you people???
The Jags are obviously our biggest rival! Hasn't anybody seen the last two games we've played against them at reliant. There was a fight after every play in the last quarter. We hate 'em. They hate us. I make it a point to attend at least that game every year. They had me so pi$$ed this year I wanted to jump out of the stands. (figured Kris Brown might need a little help with that d-lineman he got into it with)

*%@# The Jags!!
TMac48 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read