Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-11-2004   #21
texman8
Veteran

Titans. best rival Cowboys, most hated
texman8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004   #22
PHAROAH
All Pro

Rep Power: 96 PHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respected

It should be the colts because they spank us all the time.
Old 05-11-2004   #23
Lucky

Rep Power: 120321 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think you have to play the cowgirls in the regular season every year to have a rivalry, from the fans prospective. The fact that so many girls fans are in the area leads to a lot of barbs flying. There's no team I get more joy from watching them lose than Dallas.

Tennessee? I should dislike them more, but it's hard because I still have respect for McNair & George. Of course I abhor Bud, but you really don't see him associated with the Titans as he was with the Oilers. Lucky Titan fans.

As far as who the team probably views as their main rival, I'd have to say Jacksonville. Except for the Ragone/Hollings game, all of the Texans/Jags games have been very close. Come to think of it, there's nothing about Jacksonville I like. The city, the players, the coaches, the fans...I don't like any of them. Why is Jacksonville in the NFL anyway?
Lucky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004   #24
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

The Titans and Jags are the Texans biggest rivals.

Cowboys no. They're not in the same division or even the same conference.

Now if the league realigns and puts more teams that are geographically close in the same division then yes.
But that's not happening from all I've read. The NFL likes the long time battles that have developed over the years and they're all about tradition.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004   #25
rittenhouserobz
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to rittenhouserobz

I say the Jags first and then the Titans. The Texans don't play the Cowboys enough for a rivalry.
Old 05-12-2004   #26
The Bald Guy
Rookie

Cowboys
Titans
Jags
The Bald Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004   #27
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

I think everyone hates the cowboys more than the titans. If you could have one win, over either the titans or cowboys, I would choose dallas.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-12-2004   #28
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

That may make sense on an emotional level..the Cowboys "hate" I mean...but it doesn't make sense on a team level. The Titans are a division team and that means so much more than a team you play every few years.

Point taken though.
Old 05-12-2004   #29
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Well I still hate the Steelers but I guess that really has nothing to do with the Texans as much as the Oilers. I would say All The Division Opponents since we haven't beaten the Colts or Titans and are tied with the Jags. And just to add a cherry on top the Cowgirls.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004   #30
TexansJunkE
Veteran

I think many people want it to be the Titans, but I think the Titans are on the downward spiral. I think it will be the Jags. We are both young teams with each a disappointing loss towards each other.
TexansJunkE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004   #31
WWJD
Hall of Fame

I think as long as the Titans have Steve McNair that they will be a team to be reckoned with. The guy can carry a team on his shoulders. Barring injuries, which he seems to have a ton of, I don't see them falling off much really. They are well coached. I think this will be "THE" rivalry for some years for the Texans.
Old 05-12-2004   #32
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 23636 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't know if we've been long enough in this league to have a "hated" opponent. We have some budding rivalries with the Jags and Titans but maybe this year if we win some of these division games against the Colts and Titans, they'll start hating us pretty soon.
Old 05-12-2004   #33
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

You know now that I think of it. We have a score to settle with Chris Bennett. I hate the Titans.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004   #34
caspian
Rookie

Send a message via ICQ to caspian Send a message via AIM to caspian Send a message via MSN to caspian Send a message via Yahoo to caspian
Default Dallas, but they're 2nd best

I relish beating Dallas with the in-state rivalry going, but I root for the Cowboys as a Texas team if the Texans are out of the picture.

I'd say the biggest rivals are the Cowboys...and they are a worthy opponent, given their history and branding. Now, if we can get their attention this year again to show that we're a worthy opponent..?

This is obviously from that camp of people who like the Texans because of their Texas-ness vs. those who like the Texans for their Houston-ness (and perhaps hate the Titans cuz of their "anti-Houston-ness").

I have no ties or loyalties to Houston, the city, per se...just Texas.

Last edited by caspian; 05-12-2004 at 08:44 PM.
caspian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004   #35
gwallaia

Rep Power: 63494 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano
You know now that I think of it. We have a score to settle with Chris Bennett. I hate the Titans.

I don't think he's with the Titans any longer.
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004   #36
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Who is Bennett with now? I'm surprised the Titans would let him go.
Old 05-12-2004   #37
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia
I don't think he's with the Titans any longer.
If we are talking about Drew Bennett then, yes, he is with the Titans. The only starters the titans lost were the 2 defensive players, and McCareins.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004   #38
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 115 Q6
Rep Power: 28431 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

Undecided at this point, but leaning towards the Jag-you-wars.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004   #39
Texman
Rookie

Dallas is easy to hate for more reasons than just the Cowboys. The city is nothing more than a home for self centered, egotistical, L.A. wanna bes'. I have nothing against the Titans team except that they are division rivals with the exception of one fat, rug wearing blackmailer. On a competetive level, I think the Jags are bigtime rivals because of our record against each other and the cheap shots by certain Jags players.
Texman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004   #40
A Texan
Veteran

I think the teams we like to beat are the Titans first, then the Cowboys. Both have lousy owners. I used to like the Cowboys fairly well before Jerry, who has no class. Jacksonville is next in my mind since they once tried to get the Oilers.
A Texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read