Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 09-17-2006   #1
gwallaia

Rep Power: 51052 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Great Game: UH vs. Grambling

Coogs win 42-22. (game was not as close as score indicates)

But what a great halftime show. The Grambling band is amazing and the UH band came out doing their own version of some funky soul. Then both bands joined together on the field for the best halftime show I have ever seen in my life.

Nice crowd of over 27,000 at Robertson.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBHJTkEh6JU

photos courtesy of Coogcheese at coogfans.com

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006   #2
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28939 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Grambling has an awesome band. I think they were the halftime show at the Texans game either last year or the year before. From what I can see in that video it looks cool but it makes me dizzy and isn't the greatest quality (it is from the stands so I guess I can't complain too much). I hope somebody had a recording from the press box or higher up in the stands because I'd love to see the full show. They were raving about it on the radio after halftime.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006   #3
TexanDave
Veteran

Rep Power: 879 TexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respected

I hate that I had to miss that halftime show.
TexanDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006   #4
Houston_Fanatic
Veteran

Rep Power: 1007 Houston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

My son was in the U of H band his Freshman year..... then he dropped out of school

I sure miss going to the stadium and watching the coogs play and getting to see my son march. Yesterday's game would have been a great one to see.
Houston_Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006   #5
gwallaia

Rep Power: 51052 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Another video of the halftime show.
Video courtesy oh uh123 at coogfans.com
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DCWLnOTnH8

We are among the "Them"
Old 09-18-2006   #6
BattleRedTexan
Rookie

Default Awesome show...

gwallaia,

I was at that game, and it was AWESOME!

I love the way the UofH Band came out marching in military style, and then they surprised eveyone by "getting their groove on" :bananasplit:

That was the first UofH game that I have been to in about 2 years, but after that... I'll be back next week
BattleRedTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006   #7
gwallaia

Great to have you at the game. Should be a packed house for the game against OK. State this weekend.

We are among the "Them"
Sponsored links
Old 09-19-2006   #8
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 141 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

So where do you park with out getting your throat cut ? Inquiring minds want to know. Might poney up some money for this one.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006   #9
GanadoUHCoog
Rookie

Default ..

take the Cullen exit off of 45 South and park in the lot across from the Moore's School of Music..better buy a ticket now or get there very early...there won't be many walkup tickets (if any) availible for this one
GanadoUHCoog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006   #10
gwallaia

Kick-off is set for 8:00. Would be great to see alot of you out there supporting the Coogs
http://www.pbase.com/carboncopy/image/67335771
photo courtesy of Stephen Pinchback

We are among the "Them"
Old 09-23-2006   #11
TexanDave
Veteran

Rep Power: 879 TexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanDave is a quality contributor and well respected

Gwallaia, I have one of his pics similar to that as my computer wallpaper. Do you have your own tailgate when you go the games or do you do like me and just go to the individual organization tailgates?
TexanDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006   #12
gwallaia

We tailgate in the Yellow Lot. I believe we are having chicken fajitas today.

We are among the "Them"
Old 10-06-2006   #13
BattleRedTexan
Rookie

Default Re: Great Game: UH vs. Grambling

This was the first UH game I had attended in about 2 years (it's hard to keep up with all of the Houston teams

I must say that the game and the game day environment was AWESOME! My friend and I attended a tailgate where we pain $5 for all you can eat and all you can drink. We must have gone through a 12 pack of Bud Light each in the 2 hours before the game started.

BattleRedTexan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read