Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

OH ROMEO CRENNELL..........Where art thou?

M

Metropolitantexan

PLEASE COME TO TEXAS!............

That's it! Enough is indeed Enough! For we have been the GREATEST OF FANS, haven't we?

For we have sat still, in some instances VERY STILL..........we have listened attentively, as well as very patiently. We have bought and paid vigorously into the $$$high priced hype of the TEXANS MEDIA MACHINE. We have ventured upon this GREAT WEBSITE time and time again, and have witnessed great football minds being reduced to country gravy, for shear and utter fear of saying the wrong things regarding our BELOVED TEXANS no-matter how sincere or passionate those great fans/minds may be. We have watched in GREAT HORROR a few of our past preseason losses which should have given us full tell-tale knowledge of what our football futures should behold, and yet we still held unto faith that our gridiron destiny was bright..........and yet we sit on the evening of 9/19/04.........0-2. Next up, KANSAS CITY...................

And so now you may be asking......"just what is METRO'S point" Well my great pals, I will now say unto each of you that as a 3-year season ticket holder, that I have certainly earned the right to state that I think that our beloved TEXANS franchise needs new GUIDANCE/DIRECTION at the COACHING HELM.

..........have you really taken a good look at Dominick Davis's fumbles/strips? ........look very closely, and just maybe you will indeed witness just how very tight he is playing...........I for one believe that Dominick is starting to over compensate for fear that if he gets hurt, there will not be someone there to help the running game be consistent in order to help the offense run smoothly and therefore achieving hard fought victories.

........has anyone had the GUTS to say or even admit to what we have all been thinking upon the outcome of today's GAMEDAY HORROR SHOW? ..........well, I will gladly take the liberty.........HARRINGTON made David look like a MAJOR CARR WRECK from start to finish! David has not stopped his eradic "tip-toeing-through-the tulips dance" since the Pittsburg game debacle during preseason. ........CAN SOMEONE, SOMEWHERE, PLEASE CALM THIS QUARTERBACK DOWN?............and remind him that preseason is now over........

........costly penalties......costly penalties........costly penalties.........need I say more...........

........some of the highest ticket, food, drink, souvenir prices in the entire NFL. I have had the very humbling privilege to speak with many fans everywhere......and I can honestly assure each and everyone of you that there are a good many fans that may not really want to tailgate in the parking lots with our already nationally famous/magnificent tailgators. for they only do so, because things have become so dreadfully expensive inside of Reliant Stadium, that they simply choose to gather up a bunch of pals and just try very hard to enjoy the gameday experience upon their own.......all the while trying to put up with the intense TEXAS heat emanating from the parking lot.........................DON'T THESE FANS DESERVE A QUALITY GAMEDAY EXPERIENCE FROM A QUALITY PRODUCT UPON THE FIELD OF PLAY?

.......and so the list goes on and on........but then again we are only in our third year RIGHT?

OH ROMEO CRENNELL, Defensive Coordinator for the New England Patriots........where art thou ROMEO.......................

Metropolitantexan

Metropolitantexan said:

That's it! Enough is indeed Enough! For we have been the GREATEST OF FANS, haven't we?

For we have sat still, in some instances VERY STILL..........we have listened attentively, as well as very patiently. We have bought and paid vigorously into the $$$high priced hype of the TEXANS MEDIA MACHINE. We have ventured upon this GREAT WEBSITE time and time again, and have witnessed great football minds being reduced to country gravy, for shear and utter fear of saying the wrong things regarding our BELOVED TEXANS no-matter how sincere or passionate those great fans/minds may be. We have watched in GREAT HORROR a few of our past preseason losses which should have given us full tell-tale knowledge of what our football futures should behold, and yet we still held unto faith that our gridiron destiny was bright..........and yet we sit on the evening of 9/19/04.........0-2. Next up, KANSAS CITY...................

And so now you may be asking......"just what is METRO'S point" Well my great pals, I will now say unto each of you that as a 3-year season ticket holder, that I have certainly earned the right to state that I think that our beloved TEXANS franchise needs new GUIDANCE/DIRECTION at the COACHING HELM.

..........have you really taken a good look at Dominick Davis's fumbles/strips? ........look very closely, and just maybe you will indeed witness just how very tight he is playing...........I for one believe that Dominick is starting to over compensate for fear that if he gets hurt, there will not be someone there to help the running game be consistent in order to help the offense run smoothly and therefore achieving hard fought victories.

........has anyone had the GUTS to say or even admit to what we have all been thinking upon the outcome of today's GAMEDAY HORROR SHOW? ..........well, I will gladly take the liberty.........HARRINGTON made David look like a MAJOR CARR WRECK from start to finish! David has not stopped his eradic "tip-toeing-through-the tulips dance" since the Pittsburg game debacle during preseason. ........CAN SOMEONE, SOMEWHERE, PLEASE CALM THIS QUARTERBACK DOWN?............and remind him that preseason is now over........

........costly penalties......costly penalties........costly penalties.........need I say more...........

........some of the highest ticket, food, drink, souvenir prices in the entire NFL. I have had the very humbling privilege to speak with many fans everywhere......and I can honestly assure each and everyone of you that there are a good many fans that may not really want to tailgate in the parking lots with our already nationally famous/magnificent tailgators. for they only do so, because things have become so dreadfully expensive inside of Reliant Stadium, that they simply choose to gather up a bunch of pals and just try very hard to enjoy the gameday experience upon their own.......all the while trying to put up with the intense TEXAS heat emanating from the parking lot.........................DON'T THESE FANS DESERVE A QUALITY GAMEDAY EXPERIENCE FROM A QUALITY PRODUCT UPON THE FIELD OF PLAY?

.......and so the list goes on and on........but then again we are only in our third year RIGHT?

OH ROMEO CRENNELL, Defensive Coordinator for the New England Patriots........where art thou ROMEO.......................

Metropolitantexan
i dont know if you even watched the game but David Carr had over 300 yrds passing and 2 td passes. In the first half Harrington had around 30 something yards. Man the only reason we lost is cause Davis kept coughing up the ball. Carr has looked VERY sharp all season so far !!!!! Plus they both had one INT ,,,just cause we lost ya are hating on David but if we would of one i'm sure youd be praising him for his "wonderful job" !!! See your obviously not a true fan !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Metropolitantexan said:

We have bought and paid vigorously into the $$$high priced hype of the TEXANS MEDIA MACHINE. We have ventured upon this GREAT WEBSITE time and time again, and have witnessed great football minds being reduced to country gravy, for shear and utter fear of saying the wrong things regarding our BELOVED TEXANS no-matter how sincere or passionate those great fans/minds may be.
I didn't know that Ric Flair was a Texan fan? Welcome Nature Boy!

Elite said:
Forget romeo we need charlie weis and after that we cut david carr or try and get a 7th rounder for him if anyone is willing to take him. i rather have tony banks leading this team. Charlie Weis Please read this and come to houston.

I seriously hope the your joking about Carr. I've said it once and I'll say it again Carr is going to be great and will lead us to the promise land, just not with this coaching staff. I dont know what it is, I just saw something in him his very first game and have been a believer ever since, he is definitely special. Think about all the QBs that have been drafted #1 ovrl recently none of them and I mean none of them have the size, strength, and speed combination that David has. Every year he gets better and that alone makes me happy and pleased with him. If he was put in a system with a better o line that gave him consistent pass protection and had a half way decent offensive cordinator he would put up pro-bowl numbers, I have no doubt about that. One thing that amazes me so far about him this season is his completion % considering this that no one has mentioned, the only time hes really allowed to throw the ball is on obvious passing situations when the defense knows whats coming and stacks up against it and he is still completing passes. I've also heard people say I'd like to see David put together some late drives in critical situations. Well guess what David led 80 and 81 yard scoring drives late in the game, but David can't play defense and our D couldn't get the 3 and outs when we mostly needed them.

The coaches did not fumble the ball. The coaches did not miss tackes on a kick return. How about firing the players who are not making plays. You can change all the coaching you want, but the bottom line is players not making plays.

Elite said:
Forget romeo we need charlie weis and after that we cut david carr or try and get a 7th rounder for him if anyone is willing to take him. i rather have tony banks leading this team. Charlie Weis Please read this and come to houston.

Get rid of Carr? Wow. Maybe we should trade him for Chris Simms. He had a pretty good game yesterday. I think he only crapped himself twice.

David has been magnificent, INTs aside in which one I don't hold against him. Yesterday's INT was from miscommunication as well but they are INTs nonetheless. He's done really good....his team just hasn't backed him 100% unfortunately.

This is too good of a post by Metropolitantexan to devolve into a "Carr Sucks" thread.

I liked it Metropolitantexan, even if I didn't agree with everything, the passion is there!!

Nothing wrong with David Carr. I wouldn't worry too much about him. He will be fine, and in the very near future you'll deny even saying otherwise.

David is doing fantastic so far. Primarily, the blame is on Domanick for our 2 losses, secondly it would be our defense.....third would be our coaching and not countering correctly as needed....nuff said.

Back