Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-16-2006   #1
hot pickle
السلام عليكم

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected
Default peppers and williams

dont know if anyone has posted this yet, but take a look at julius peppers first game and then the 2nd game, hopefully mario can do it to

GAMEDATE Opp RESULT GS Tkl Solo Ast Sacks Int Yds Lg TD Pass Def FF
09/08 Baltimore W 10-7 Yes 0....0.....1.....0.....0....0...0..0....0......... .0
09/15 Detroit W 31-7....Yes 5....4.....0.....3.....0....0...0..0....1......... .1

Go Mario

Im wit you all the way
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006   #2
TreWardTxn
Veteran

Let's not get carried away partner; Peppers let loose on the 3-13 2002 Lions; Mario's got to handle one of the best O-lines in football. If he just smacks Manning in his watermelon-head a few times I'll be cool...
TreWardTxn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006   #3
hot pickle
السلام عليكم

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

yah, im just sayin though, cuz everyone is all like mario sucks and hes a bust, so im just sayin look at peppers his first game he got one asst. not even a solo tackle, so at anytime in the season mario can pull out a 2 - 4 sack game
and i think he will have a couple of those late in the season, when our schedule gets a lil weaker
Old 09-16-2006   #4
NEROtheZERO
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 NEROtheZERO is on the Pro-Bowl ballotNEROtheZERO is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreWardTxn
Let's not get carried away partner; Peppers let loose on the 3-13 2002 Lions; Mario's got to handle one of the best O-lines in football. If he just smacks Manning in his watermelon-head a few times I'll be cool...
Even a Colts fan will tell you that their line is terribly overrated. I am not expecting 5 sacks out of Mario but this isn't exactly a brick wall we are facing tomorrow.
NEROtheZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006   #5
Dr. Toro
All Pro

Rep Power: 10 Dr. Toro is on the Pro-Bowl ballotDr. Toro is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreWardTxn
That dude does have a melon... but he can sling it.
Dr. Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006   #6
Blu
All Pro

Send a message via Yahoo to Blu

Play your tail off MArio!

"You can do it! "
Old 09-16-2006   #7
pittbull
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to pittbull

We are not going to see the best of Mario, until the Texans decide to keep him at the Pass rushing End. Mario's moving around more than a traveling salesman, and isn't faring much better. As a rookie, he needs time to get used to 1 position. Peppers was never moved all around the line!
Old 09-16-2006   #8
TK_Gamer
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 TK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVP

I see the logic in moving mario around, he's young and they think they have a true future superstar, so they want him to get a feel for the line and learn about how each spot can effect the offense. honestly I think kubiak is wating for mario to pull the trigger and let his emmense physical abilities take over. I'm not impatient when it comes to someone with the hall of fame potential that mario has, I think one game soon he will just explode and show everyone why he was picked no. 1. it will happen
Old 09-16-2006   #9
Houston_Fanatic
Veteran

Rep Power: 1008 Houston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

I really hope Super Mario has a good game tomorrow - for his sake, not ours.

Houston_Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006   #10
TexanBronco
Rookie

good game or not they need to let him play in ONE spot and not moving him around so much IMO
Old 09-16-2006   #11
hot pickle
السلام عليكم

keep him at DE, thats the only way he will mature to a end like peppers and freeny
Old 09-16-2006   #12
pittbull
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to pittbull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston_Fanatic

I'm hoping and praying the same thing. The guy is young, and I hope that all goes well for him!
Old 09-16-2006   #13
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 234681 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittbull
We are not going to see the best of Mario, until the Texans decide to keep him at the Pass rushing End. Mario's moving around more than a traveling salesman, and isn't faring much better. As a rookie, he needs time to get used to 1 position. Peppers was never moved all around the line!
Didn't we just say Mario had a better game against the NFC East powerhouse than JP had against the offensively challenged 2002 Baltimore Ravens??

Looks to me that Mario is ahead of the curve.
thunderkyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006   #14
Houston_Fanatic
Veteran

Rep Power: 1008 Houston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanBronco
good game or not they need to let him play in ONE spot and not moving him around so much IMO
Houston_Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006   #15
Erratic Assassin
All Pro

Rep Power: 13 Erratic Assassin was voted MVPErratic Assassin was voted MVPErratic Assassin was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK_Gamer
I see the logic in moving mario around, he's young and they think they have a true future superstar, so they want him to get a feel for the line and learn about how each spot can effect the offense
Moving Mario around is idiotic. Let him get good at doing one thing, anything, before you make him play every position on the line. It's too much to digest all at once.

We have a bad habit of acting like a bunch of lemmings who think our coaches & GMs can do no wrong because they are "the experts". Dwight Freeney thinks moving Mario around is stupid and he's played more downs as a DE than Kubiak has.
Old 09-17-2006   #16
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erratic Assassin
Moving Mario around is idiotic. Let him get good at doing one thing, anything, before you make him play every position on the line. It's too much to digest all at once.

We have a bad habit of acting like a bunch of lemmings who think our coaches & GMs can do no wrong because they are "the experts". Dwight Freeney thinks moving Mario around is stupid and he's played more downs as a DE than Kubiak has.
This one will have to go in a virtual time capsule, only to be opened in 2008.
Old 09-17-2006   #17
Texanfan4ever
All Pro

Rep Power: 76 Texanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston_Fanatic

For his sake AND ours, so we don't have to listen to everybody whine. After all, he IS human and he's just a kid, a very RICH kid, but still a kid. Man, all these attacks would be very hard to take.
Texanfan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006   #18
RiotCommander
All Pro

Send a message via ICQ to RiotCommander Send a message via AIM to RiotCommander

Does anyone, but me remember the pressure he got up the middle in the Rams game? Also, he batted down a pass in the same game getting pressure. Its not like he has shown no promise. He may not get a single sack today, Manning isn't exactly known for taking many sacks.

I just hope we play this game better then the last.
Old 09-17-2006   #19
dat_boy_yec
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 dat_boy_yec is on the Pro-Bowl ballotdat_boy_yec is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotCommander
Does anyone, but me remember the pressure he got up the middle in the Rams game? Also, he batted down a pass in the same game getting pressure. Its not like he has shown no promise. He may not get a single sack today, Manning isn't exactly known for taking many sacks.

I just hope we play this game better then the last.
He batted down that pass at the DE position and if I remember correctly we got pressure up the middle even when Mario wasn't in the middle. On that pass I don't think he was getting pressure, that was just a great play on the ball, but Mario wasn't getting close to the QB. He showed he could play both positions, but he didn't show any real promise at either. Okay, he showed more promise at DE I think when he got into the backfield to make the tackle for a loss that was pretty good. That's why I think he should be left at DE and not moved around.
dat_boy_yec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006   #20
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 234681 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by dat_boy_yec
He batted down that pass at the DE position and if I remember correctly we got pressure up the middle even when Mario wasn't in the middle. On that pass I don't think he was getting pressure, that was just a great play on the ball, but Mario wasn't getting close to the QB. He showed he could play both positions, but he didn't show any real promise at either. Okay, he showed more promise at DE I think when he got into the backfield to make the tackle for a loss that was pretty good. That's why I think he should be left at DE and not moved around.
When Mario stopped StephenJackson(??) in the backfield, he was playing from the DT position. & When he chased McNabb out of the pocket, he was playing from the DT position.

Why do we think Mario had a bad game?? Because he didn't get a sack?? Didn't we talk before the season, that a good DE, a great DE, won't normally average a sack per game unless he is having an exceptional season?? Mario had two tackles, one assist...... we saw flashes of his speed, when he got to Buckhalter in the backfield(but missed the tackle, allowing an 8 yard run...... poor tackling technique...... should be expected)

We saw his power, when later he tackled Westbrook with one hand..... and on the big touchdown pass to Stallworth, Mario was playing DT, was being Double teamed by the OG & Center, and still gaining ground....

Mario was in the backfield several times trying to figure out what he needs to do(does the running back have the football??) If Kubiak was smart enough to show these plays to Mario, and ask him, "what are you doing?? The QB...... go get the QB..... ", to strengthen his resolve..... Peyton is going to be in trouble.

I garantee a sack today...... I dare to say two sacks, and two big plays in the backfield.
thunderkyss is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read