Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: What's your level of satisfaction with the team?
My expectations were high. Not confident with recent moves. 10 10.20%
We'll get there. It takes time, and I'm confident thus far. 69 70.41%
I'm still not sure, and I go back and forth with how I feel about things 14 14.29%
BRING BACK DOM CAPERS!!!!!! 5 5.10%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-16-2006   #1
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50776 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Poll: What's your level of satisfaction with this team?

Have expectations been dashed?

Sound off.
Old 09-16-2006   #2
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1698 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

We got off to a slow start, but I like how this team has shown that they are not the 2-14 joke of a team.

Where's the poll?
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006   #3
Txn_in_Oki
Lucky 13

Rep Power: 21276 Txn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, it seems like people have somes sense about these things. People just need to be patient.
Old 09-16-2006   #4
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 9843 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

OMG, Hide this poll before BOBO shows up again (Dom Capers leg humper)
Old 09-16-2006   #5
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpshafer_1976
Have expectations been dashed?

Sound off.
NO..... I like our team, and I haven't seen anything to make me think we will not go 13-3.
thunderkyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006   #6
DominickDavisFan76
Veteran

HaHa i voted to bring back Dom Capers, but i was kidding.... dont hurt me
DominickDavisFan76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006   #7
K.D.
Veteran

I'm confident in what I see so far, with time we will be clicking on all cylinders, moving the chains and scoring, 3 and out for opposing O's,playing with HEART and EMOTIONS.

The one good thing from the eagle's game is the coaches have videotape to critique players and most importantly the D. I serious don't think we'll get manhandled like that again, Richard Smith will start to bringing the house before he let's that happen again.
K.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-16-2006   #8
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by [[Gary Kubiak]]
Okay I had high expectation from the D. They played the eagles and they look worst than last year.

you have to take that in perspective. We will not win alot of games when we play that way. No pressure and big plays downfield, Atleast take away one aspect, then you have hopes to winning.
I didn't record and watch the Texans last year, so I can't remember who or why our defense looked so bad.

after watching the game several times, McNabb got rid of the ball in less than 2 seconds on most occasions..... this tell me, we had a coverage problem.. and I know you've seen the replays where our safeties & LBs would bite on the play action.

I think we got good pressure on McNabb...... not great, but much more than no pressure. But he got rid of the ball quick, and he's pretty mobile. Peyton isn't as Mobile, but watching him last week against NYG, he wasn't exactly a statute either.

But our LBs need to play much better than they did against Philly. Rod Woodson just broke the game down on NFL Total Access: Week in Review and just like I expected (because I can't see the coverage from my recorded game) McNabb was reading our LBs all game long, and they made it easy for him.

Last edited by thunderkyss; 09-16-2006 at 11:00 AM.
thunderkyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006   #9
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

i voted for the 1st 1 because it was the closest to how i feel-my expectations weren't high..i was hoping for a .500 season...but i dont like some of the things that have happened since about week 4 of the PS-getting rid of robaire, wand, morency etc for ellison, manning who were just kept around for a week.....

i dont know-kubiak keeps talking about increasing te talent of the team but i think we've lessened it....

il still support kubiak(wont leave because we dont have certain players i like WINK,WINK)..but ,to me, he didnt do anything wrong the first few months and looked like a great HC...Now, im questioning some of his moves more

still think we'll win 6-7 games though...philly are a very good team
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006   #10
Houston_Fanatic
Veteran

Rep Power: 1007 Houston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

I have a lot of confidence in our new coaches and their ability to pull this team together and win a championship for us. It will take time, but once it starts clicking it will be soooooooo sweet.
Houston_Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006   #11
MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS
Veteran

As I have stated before Rome was not built in one day......have all the confidence in Gary & Mike that we will see this soon someday......

Old 09-16-2006   #12
Low Life
Rookie

I'm hopeful but definitely not satisfied. There are some things that I need to see to be satisfied.
1) Dunta has to get a pick and knock somebody out in the same game.
2) Mario needs a sack and a rushing touchdown in the same game.
3) Carr needs to toss up a 50 yarder sprint down the sideline and catch his own pass (Is that even legal?)

To quote Prince "Maybe I'm just like my mother..."

Honestly two consecutive TD drives will make me happy at this point. I'm pretty easy as long as I get to watch my team. Win or Lose.
Old 09-16-2006   #13
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1698 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss
I didn't record and watch the Texans last year, so I can't remember who or why our defense looked so bad.

after watching the game several times, McNabb got rid of the ball in less than 2 seconds on most occasions..... this tell me, we had a coverage problem.. and I know you've seen the replays where our safeties & LBs would bite on the play action.

I think we got good pressure on McNabb...... not great, but much more than no pressure. But he got rid of the ball quick, and he's pretty mobile. Peyton isn't as Mobile, but watching him last week against NYG, he wasn't exactly a statute either.

But our LBs need to play much better than they did against Philly. Rod Woodson just broke the game down on NFL Total Access: Week in Review and just like I expected (because I can't see the coverage from my recorded game) McNabb was reading our LBs all game long, and they made it easy for him.
Donovan McNabb is a great QB and has burned defenses much better than ours. That said, our Defense is inexperienced and one would expect them to mess up a bit...but not as much as they did. Part of it though, was the preparation by both teams. In one of the passes that went to LJ Smith, DeMeco let Smith go out so that DeMeco could go back and be the spy in the middle and left one of the DBs cover LJ Smith and one of the backs, which is an easy first down for a QB like McNabb.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006   #14
BattleRed37
Rookie

0-4 bye week. 0-6 when the Texans play Titans. 1st win in week 8 against Titans. These are my preditions.
BattleRed37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006   #15
cred
Rookie

I do have to know who the 2 are who would vote for capers and co.
cred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006   #16
sixfour
Site Contributor

Section: 136/350/353
Rep Power: 39 sixfour is a quality contributor and well respectedsixfour is a quality contributor and well respectedsixfour is a quality contributor and well respectedsixfour is a quality contributor and well respectedsixfour is a quality contributor and well respectedsixfour is a quality contributor and well respectedsixfour is a quality contributor and well respectedsixfour is a quality contributor and well respectedsixfour is a quality contributor and well respectedsixfour is a quality contributor and well respectedsixfour is a quality contributor and well respected

as long as they show progress i'll be happy. i still think 8-8 is possible.
sixfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006   #17
TexanBronco
Rookie

I voted We'll get there. It takes time, and I'm confident thus far. cause we are still trying to clean up the mess that you know who made but we will get there prob next year
Old 09-17-2006   #18
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19489 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Yes. We will get there. Do you know what makes a champion a champion?...determination, perseverance, heart, unbreakable will, intestinal fortitude, and a strong resolve. You have to face adversity to appreciate success.....and we will get there, contending year in and year out. There is too much Instant Gratification Syndrome these days...It is going to take time to get there but we WILL get there.

GO TEXANS!!!
Old 09-17-2006   #19
Texas_Heat
Veteran

We'll get there. It takes time, and I'm confident thus far.

This is the same thing I heard the 's
spout about Dom Capers, it's getting old.
Greatest Metal Bands: #1 VENOM # 2 SLAYER.
Texas_Heat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006   #20
BlueThunder
Veteran

I'm with the staff and how they have handled the team so far.I think they could have done more but there going to get the answers.Atleast pr numbers are on the board this year.Last year we were so bad we didn't even make the board.Its hard to tell how bad a team really is when there at the bottom in everything..I think we already have a good idea where the next draft will go.Were a better team then the team in 2004.

BlueThunder is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read