Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 09-15-2006   #1
Houston_Fanatic
Veteran

Rep Power: 1007 Houston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respected
Default A&M and Army at the Alamodome

I am glad we are winning, but I hope this soft schedule isn't going to keep us from being prepared to go up against Texas Tech in 2 weeks!

Anybody know if we will be on TV before Thanksgiving?
Houston_Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006   #2
gwallaia

Rep Power: 63494 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Too bad the Aggies are playing Army at the Alamodome. When Army was in CUSA, that game was always a highlight when they came to play UH in Houston and the Golden Knights Skydiving team would parachute onto the field before the game.

They also would have tanks, Apache helicopters, humvees etc. on display. We used to include MRE's on our tailgaiting menus in honor of Army.

Should be a good game.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006   #3
Panther5407
All Pro

I can't wait for this game. Me, two of my friends and my dad are making the trip to the game and we'll be sitting down low. If ya'll watch the game and see a couple of crazy kids with hair dyed and faces painted, you might be seeing me lol
Old 09-16-2006   #4
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston_Fanatic
I am glad we are winning, but I hope this soft schedule isn't going to keep us from being prepared to go up against Texas Tech in 2 weeks!

Anybody know if we will be on TV before Thanksgiving?
Apparently somebody forgot to tell Army they were part of A&M's "soft schedule".
Huge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006   #5
CoastalTexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 30 CoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to CoastalTexan

The "Real Army" vs. the "Fake Army".
CoastalTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006   #6
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

Ross just cost his team the game. On 3rd and goal with :09 you call a running play? How 'bout you call another pass play and if it's no good, you still have a 4th play to run/pass?
Old 09-17-2006   #7
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think Franchione will be at A&M for much longer...

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-17-2006   #8
Houston_Fanatic
Veteran

Rep Power: 1007 Houston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Francione sucked and if it wasn't for that STUPID call by Army at the end of the game for a running play, I think A&M would have lost. Why would you call that play? They had 9 seconds and had been very successful with their slant pass plays -they had time to fire off 2 of them and they likely would have won it or gotten picked and lost.

And why didn't Fran punt when we were on our own 30 yard line? If he really had confidence in his team, he would have punted and expected his defense to step up. Oh, right....... they hadn't stepped up all night.

:brickwall
Old 09-17-2006   #9
Houston_Fanatic
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam
I don't think Franchione will be at A&M for much longer...
Is it too late to get R.C. back?
Old 09-17-2006   #10
Houston_Fanatic
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huge
Apparently somebody forgot to tell Army they were part of A&M's "soft schedule".
Old 09-17-2006   #11
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

We had a good game. My biggest concern is our rush defense, of course. Our offense pleased me and our pass rush and pass defense was decent. McGee is going to be a stud.

That last drive for Army was so crazy. A lot of stupid mistakes went in our favor (as well as theirs.... did you see that pass interference? Was not a good move), but we still defeated them when they tried to pass, or shut it down.

All in all a good game to watch, better than TU vs. Rice. What a snoozer.

Gig'em
Old 09-17-2006   #12
Houston_Fanatic
Veteran

McGee was great. Lane looked like he could be really good with a little coaching. We squeaked this one out.

Can you believe TCU beat TT and kept them out of the endzone !!!!
Old 09-17-2006   #13
Houston_Fanatic
Veteran

That last pass interference was dumb - the guy never even turned around.
Old 09-17-2006   #14
Houston_Fanatic
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia
Too bad the Aggies are playing Army at the Alamodome. When Army was in CUSA, that game was always a highlight when they came to play UH in Houston and the Golden Knights Skydiving team would parachute onto the field before the game.

They also would have tanks, Apache helicopters, humvees etc. on display. We used to include MRE's on our tailgaiting menus in honor of Army.

Should be a good game.

Too bad it wasn't at Kyle Field. That would be really cool for them to parachute in - the crowd would really eat that up.
Old 09-17-2006   #15
Huge
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansLucky13
We had a good game. My biggest concern is our rush defense, of course. Our offense pleased me and our pass rush and pass defense was decent. McGee is going to be a stud.

That last drive for Army was so crazy. A lot of stupid mistakes went in our favor (as well as theirs.... did you see that pass interference? Was not a good move), but we still defeated them when they tried to pass, or shut it down.

Gig'em
I read this and thought it funny that you have a quote in your sig making fun of UT fans.

But you're right...it was a good game to watch. The celebration by the A&M team was priceless.
Old 09-17-2006   #16
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Gig'em
You never learn, do you? I read these threads to keep track with McGee, who I was impressed with last year, and see you knock UT. Get over it, we're not Tulane, Toledo, or any other school pretending to be UT. Can't say I disagree though, 45-0( ) was enough to get me to turn the channel.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006   #17
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan
You never learn, do you? I read these threads to keep track with McGee, who I was impressed with last year, and see you knock UT. Get over it, we're not Tulane, Toledo, or any other school pretending to be UT. Can't say I disagree though, 45-0( ) was enough to get me to turn the channel.
I'm an Aggie, I never learn.

P.S. - I agree, seeing TU playing is enough to make me change the channel.
Old 09-17-2006   #18
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Ross just cost his team the game. On 3rd and goal with :09 you call a running play? How 'bout you call another pass play and if it's no good, you still have a 4th play to run/pass?
BINGO. Spot on. Intertaining game though.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006   #19
bigcarlos
Veteran

Quote:

P.S. - I agree, seeing TU playing is enough to make me change the channel.
So I take it that you never watch UT kick ass on the day after Thanksgiving
bigcarlos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006   #20
Heath Shuler
worst 2 1st

Section: 521
Rep Power: 49148 Heath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Maybe next year the ags can schedule some high school teams for their non-conference games.
Heath Shuler is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read