Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 09-15-2006   #1
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153493 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default What's the deal in Green Bay??

Why are so many people wanting to get rid of Bret Farve??

It doesn't make sense to me...... do they think they'll win more games with Aaron Rogers??

How many times have we talked about putting a young QB on a talentless team?? Haven't we come to the conclussion that it would be better to build an established team, a strong offensive line, a good running game before you put a rookie in at QB?? isn't that the best way to success??

Why wouldn't you want to build that team with Brett pulling the trigger, then when the line is established, transplant Aaron into the team...... or whoever might be the hot QB of the week.

I can't believe Aaron would give you a better chance of winning. Brett still has the gun....... he's still the more experienced.......

Even if you think Brett has lost some of his game, do you think Aaron is the better QB?? Does he bring something to the team that Brett doesn't have?? Does he make the team better??

I don't think so........ let them build their team, let Bret go out on his terms. That shouldn't stop them from putting the talent on that team that they need to be putting on that team.
Old 09-15-2006   #2
RiotCommander
All Pro

Send a message via ICQ to RiotCommander Send a message via AIM to RiotCommander

I don't think anyone is under the delusion that Rogers is better then Farve. It comes down to the fact that the team is rebuilding. Some fans want Rogers in there to get experience during the process so the rebuilding takes the shortest amount of time possible.

If people honestly think that Rogers is going to walk out there and do any better against a team like the Bears is drinking too deeply into that Kool-Aid. There will always be rabid fans who think that whoever on the bench is the savior, but most fans know better.

Also be careful of what you wish for. If Favre continues to struggle Rogers may just get put out there. I just hope its one of the easier teams in the league he faces.
Old 09-15-2006   #3
yumyum
Rookie

I love Favre but lets face it, he's gettin old. And that combine with the fact that his team is young and inexperience is not a good combination. I wanna see Favre retire as a GB Packer but i think that he thinks that he still has some juice left in the tank. Fans in GB are going through the same thing we're going through, they're just tired of LOSING. As much as i want to see GB win, seeing Favre on the bench would just be wrong. So if he decides to move on to another team next year, so be it. Life goes on.
yumyum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006   #4
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3366 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss

It doesn't make sense to me...... do they think they'll win more games with Aaron Rogers??

How many times have we talked about putting a young QB on a talentless team?? Haven't we come to the conclussion that it would be better to build an established team, a strong offensive line, a good running game before you put a rookie in at QB?? isn't that the best way to success??

Why wouldn't you want to build that team with Brett pulling the trigger, then when the line is established, transplant Aaron into the team...... or whoever might be the hot QB of the week.

I can't believe Aaron would give you a better chance of winning. Brett still has the gun....... he's still the more experienced.......

Even if you think Brett has lost some of his game, do you think Aaron is the better QB?? Does he bring something to the team that Brett doesn't have?? Does he make the team better??

I don't think so........ let them build their team, let Bret go out on his terms. That shouldn't stop them from putting the talent on that team that they need to be putting on that team.
From what I have gathered from the media, it's not that they want Favre gone, but that some would like to see Favre go to a contender who just needs that final piece or two instead of ending his career so horribly in Green Bay. IMO they would rather see him succeed elsewhere than fail in Green Bay. I honestly do not believe that Green Bay can fix what needs to be fixed before Favre retires. Just my two cents.
Old 09-16-2006   #5
FILO_girl
I'm not here

Rep Power: 62 FILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superstar
Bring favre to houston

I have had dreams about that.

GB fans are frustrated over last season, and this season looks to be worse. With the long running winning seasons that Brett has given them, it is hard for them to see this slipping away. Last season Brett had his hands full with the numerous injuries and new receivers at nearly every game...but that is when Gado got his time to prove himself (so it wasn't all a bad season).

There aren't many out there who are bigger Favre homers that myself, but he needs to seriously think about this being his last season. I have heard the rumors of him being OK with being trade bait, but really people....unless something earthshaking happens....he will go out and retire in Green and Gold, like he should. It will break my heart, as this is the man who got me into football in the first place, but everyone has their time and his is nearly expired.
FILO_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006   #6
HowBoutThemCowboys!
All Pro

Rep Power: 29 HowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performer

People want Rodgers to start, cause it's not like the Packers will win the Super Bowl this season.. Why not give Rodger's expirence this season, so he'll be ready in '07?

It shouldn't matter if Rodgers will have a supporting cast or not in his first rookie start.. He won't have a much better one next season.

Dallas Cowboys- 5 Time World Champions
HowBoutThemCowboys! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006   #7
GoTexans
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss

Because Green Bay is going nowhere with Favre at QB. His glory days are done and he should retire.

Aaron Rogers is there QB of the future and he should get some game experience.

Similar situation with Burke and Biggio on the Astros.
Old 09-17-2006   #8
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1698 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Favre is not likely to ever play conservative, which might be what GB is looking for right now.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006   #9
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3366 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Favre: Trade to contender not likely

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5985794

GREEN BAY, Wis. (AP) - After losing two home games to start the season, Brett Favre can understand why people might think he would welcome a trade to a contender.

But Favre, who turns 37 next month, doesn't necessarily think that would be any better than sticking it out for the rest of the year - and perhaps beyond - in Green Bay.

"You know, it all, it sounds great," Favre said Wednesday. "But to learn a new system - to basically start over - the expectations would be so great. And people may say, 'Well, say your season's not going the way you would like it here, at least you could go somewhere else and take a chance at winning.' Well, I'm taking that chance now."

Favre figures a sudden trade to a contender would subject him to unrealistic pressure.

"I know how difficult that is," Favre said. "And the expectations: 'OK, we've got Brett. We're going to the Super Bowl.' Well, it's a lot harder than that. And in that situation, (if) you don't get to the Super Bowl, you don't play up to expectations, then it was a loss."

Nevertheless, with an Oct. 17 trade deadline - and given the fact Favre recently said he was "99.9 percent" sure he'd retire as a Packer but couldn't rule out ending his career with another team - it's possible a contending team might look to make a deal with Packers general manager Ted Thompson.

"Well, first of all, I don't ever foresee that happening," Favre said. "And would I go? I don't think so. I really don't."

Favre said his 14-plus years in Green Bay have been "everything and then some," and he wants to keep trying to make a winner out of this year's team.
Old 09-21-2006   #10
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4547 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Green Bay also needs to know if Aaron Rodgers is the QB of the future, or if they need to draft that guy. Its good to know if they what they have.
Old 09-21-2006   #11
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 374 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Gosh I'm torn on this issue. He's one of my favorite players and I would hate to see him benched but on the other hand if you have a young guy behind him that's the future and your team is going nowhere I can see where you might play that young guy.

Wonder what the GB faithful think? Do you watch a great one struggle with a bad team or do you go with your next guy.

I guess that's why they pay the coaches the big bucks to make the tough calls.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read