Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-15-2006   #1
MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS
Veteran

Thumbs up Best Move as of now !

I like the post Albinorat started on worst move yet, but I would like to see what everyone think's as far as the best decisions the Texans have made to date.....we have found a way to come up with 54 bad moves they made, in AlbinoRat's post but what are the positive thing's that have been done....to date

Mine is that Bob Mcnair brought Football back to Houston !:bananasplit:

Last edited by MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS; 09-15-2006 at 12:13 PM.
MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006   #2
Houston_Fanatic
Veteran

Rep Power: 1007 Houston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Hiring Kubiak
Houston_Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006   #3
Txn_in_Oki
Lucky 13

Rep Power: 21276 Txn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respected

My favorite move so far is the one where the Texan Cheerleaders turn around and bounce their er... pom-poms.

I seriousness though I really like the Moulds pick up and think it will really start to pay off.
Old 09-15-2006   #4
valleytexfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 274 valleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respected

1. Hiring Gary Kubiak
1a. Hiring Mike Sherman
2. Eric Moulds pickup
2a. Drafting DeMeco Ryans

valleytexfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006   #5
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7857 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

All Access Day
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006   #6
TFL
Veteran

Rep Power: 24 TFL is a Legendary performerTFL is a Legendary performerTFL is a Legendary performerTFL is a Legendary performerTFL is a Legendary performerTFL is a Legendary performerTFL is a Legendary performerTFL is a Legendary performerTFL is a Legendary performerTFL is a Legendary performerTFL is a Legendary performer

Drafting Dunta.
TFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006   #7
yourfavoritetexan42
Veteran

overall the best move we have done... our first 3 first round draft picks... David Carr, Andre Johnson, and Dunta Robinson

I may get flamed for this... but David Carr is a great athlete and a good quarterback... he has never had an offensive line and a lot of underachieving WRs around him... When he will be surrounded by talent and a good o line, whether it be sunday vs the colts or two years down the road...people will see his talent shine.

Andre Johnson and Dunta Robinson are both top young talents at their position...wait until they start making plays in the playoffs.

Best move before this season?

Demeco Ryans... no one has any idea...I have been a fan of this guy since he was coming out of high school...he is for real. And he is a linebacker that will be mentioned with the greatest, I kid you not.
yourfavoritetexan42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-15-2006   #8
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 39326 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

firing Capers

letting Casserly go

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006   #9
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 36493 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

1. Mr. McNair turning the football world on its ear, ponying up 700 REAAAAL LARGE and bringing the NFL back to Houston. I know that was BEFORE they named the team, but I never really thought we'd beat out LA and neither did the rest of the world.
2. This entire offseason. Been pretty impressed with it and think it'll show dividends later this year and in the future.
Old 09-15-2006   #10
jdog
All Pro

Rep Power: 16 jdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden cover

- Selecting Lindsay as a 2006 Texans Cheerleader

- Hiring Dan Reeves as a consultant
jdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006   #11
Doom Capers
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston_Fanatic
Hiring Kubiak
Worst move so far: Opening the message board to people like this.
Doom Capers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006   #12
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 17967 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdog
- Hiring Dan Reeves as a consultant
I second that. I think that will prove to be a turning point in the team's history.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006   #13
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 165505 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the best move the team has made since it started in 2002 was when Bob McNair chose to bring in Dan Reeves and get independent verification of what I believe he already suspected. I don't think (pure speculation here) that Reeves advice was limited only to the coaching staff. I am fairly certain that from that moment the coaching staff and the GM were gone. There was never any doubt about it but Mr. McNair did a very good job of making it a smooth changing of the guard and not a ruthless purge like his predecessor (The Budster) would have done.

Having the sense to admit that you've gone in the wrong direction is rare. having the class to make the needed changes without turning it into a spectacle is a very impressive thing indeed. If I could meet Mr. McNair I really only have one thing to say to him and that's "Thank You".
Old 09-15-2006   #14
wrestler4life
Veteran

getting rid of last year's crap
Old 09-15-2006   #15
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 77974 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

I have to go with... having me as a fan!

Last edited by michaelm; 09-15-2006 at 06:25 PM.
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006   #16
MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover
firing Capers

letting Casserly go

Great Post, I will second that........
Old 09-15-2006   #17
Jimpster
Rookie

Letting Bud Adams leave Texas. Oh wait, wrong team.
Jimpster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006   #18
MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimpster
Letting Bud Adams leave Texas. Oh wait, wrong team.
That's still a good one for this thread..........that's where this all started at !

Last edited by MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS; 09-15-2006 at 01:37 PM.
MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006   #19
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 75757 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

I know this is off topic and I apologize to MY DAUGHTERS TEXANS (BTW, very cute kids), but is Reeves still with the Texans org?

Now back to the topic. I believe ya'll have touched on the major improvements, but building Reliant Stadium was huge and a spectacular stadium to say the least.
Old 09-15-2006   #20
Rightnow
Veteran

I think there have been a number of great moves by the Texans. If I had to put them in order:

1. Bob McNair insisting on a winning attitude with character players
2. Hiring Kubiak and replacing the management
3. Dunta and AJ

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read