Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-15-2006   #1
Holden135
Veteran

Default Question about Gado/Dayne

I was wondering what everyone knows about these two guys ability to pass protect. I know they are both big backs so one would assume they have superior pass blocking skills but that isn't necessarily always the case. A large portion of the sacks given up by our offense are a result of failing to pick up a blitz. This is a major role for a back. They must be able to pick up the blitzes to either give carr time to complete a pass or time to avoid the pressure with his feet. I know Morency was suspect in this department and i haven't seen anything from lundy to think any different from him. Can somebody let me know what they know about the guys.
Holden135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006   #2
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Gado: From the GB Board, I've heard exact quotes saying, "Gado has a lot of trouble in pass protection"

AND

"Gado is a great blocker. He has trouble engaging a large DL for too long, but never misses a key block"

Who knows what to believe?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read