Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-15-2006   #1
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 162318 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default I'm just going to answer it all in one post.

I look at the posts on the front page and honestly I don't want to read all of this. Instead I'm just going to answer all of their titles and be done with it.

Mario is a Bust!: No he’s not. What kind of a world do we live in where a man can play one professional game and his career is dismissed on the basis of that alone?

Epiphany about Gado: I think it’s cool that probably only one of the words in this thread title makes sense to some people. I can’t explain that but it’s what I think.

Texans still have questions at guard: I should think so. The Texans still have questions at a lot of positions.

Weekly Poll: Game vs. Indianapolis: I was unaware that Indianapolis was playing “Game” this week. I thought they were hosting us at home. Who do we play now?

Texans ONLY 0-8 Johnny Mac: Did I miss 7 games? If I did I’m going to be really mad and those chores took a lot longer than my wife said they would. Actually I take that back. If I missed the first 8 games I’m just going to check the standings to catch up and then watch the last 8 games. They’ll probably be better than the first 8 anyway.

Hey Mario! Who’s your Daddy?: What? Say this to him. I dare you. I double dare you. Walk up to Mario Williams and say “Who’s your Daddy?” While you’re at it ask him how come he can’t play like Reggie Bush.

Reasons the Texans will win in Indianapolis this Sunday: This should be the shortest thread in the known universe but it isn’t. The only reason the Texans win this game is if all the laws of physics and football get thrown out the window like they did in 2002 against the Steelers. Otherwise I just don’t see it happening. I admit however that the Texans are giving off that “they’re due” vibe. It’s just a false alarm this week.

How long before Gado is starting?: I had an epiphany (I like that word and I'm going to use it more often) and I don’t think he gets a start anytime soon. I think Ron Dayne will be effective in this system and the two of them will split carries.

Worst move yet?: You should ask for the Texans best move to date instead. You would be more likely to get a consensus and it wouldn’t take as long for people to go through them and pick one.

Mario: Do you really want to read it?: Not really, no. When are Texans fans going to stop searching the media for things to get offended about? When are “Houston” sports fans going to get over this never ending whine they have going about the rest of the universe not giving “us” our “respect”? Every single time I read a “Look what they’re saying about us now….” thread I think to myself “He doesn’t get it”. Every time I see someone bring up Sports Illustrated and the Rockets championship in 1994 I think “Please god make them shut up!”. This may come as news to some of you but we don’t need respect from the national media. We don’t need “our props”. That’s some stuff that makes your team weak when they start believing it. When you whine about not getting it then you look weak.

Leave Mario @ DE!!: Yeah, I agree with that.

Rookies can’t live with them can’t live without them: It’s worth it if everyone will just give them a month or two to get used to the NFL. Oddly enough we say that about new posters some times too.

Preview of the Indianapolis Colts: No thanks, I already know what they look like. I’ll watch the game and as always hope for the win but there’s no sense finding out how this is going to be in advance. It will be bad enough when it gets here.

Injury Updates: Appreciate that. They don't mean anything but I appreciate it. Actually see the last thread at the bottom of this post for my thoughts on this.

Great Column by John McClain: Did I read that correctly? Isn't that one of the signs of the apocolypse? I hope John sees this.

DeMeco Ryans is a monster: Yes he is and he’s only going to get better. That’s a motor. If just one guy on our defensive line had a motor like that we'd have sacked McNabb a couple of times last week. I hope Williams develops one (TJ too, what the hell as long as I'm dreaming I should dream big) but you would think he'd have done so by now if it was going to happen.

Trade: Samkon Gado for Vernand Morency: 19 pages on this with 370 responses and 9,764 views (at this point in time) means there’s a lot of interest here for a pair of backup running backs. I really thought Morency did well in preseason. I hope this doesn’t come back on us and make us look like fools. (If you’re about to respond that we already look like fools for passing up Reggie Bush then keep in mind that it’s going to land you on my ignore list forever).

I officially hate the Texans!!!: I guess we all knew he was serious when he put that third exclamation point on the end. That’s really the point of no return. I hate posts like this because they’re worthless drivel that add nothing to the board. They should be deleted but then that always leads to cries of censorship from the people we’d all love to see censored (admit it). Sometimes you just have to leave things like this alone.

610am: Ron Dayne will see a “ton” of action vs Colts Sunday: I bet he will and I bet he sees more the week after that. Wali Lundy has served his purpose. He made the team and gave us a great “feel good” human interest story. Now he takes a back seat to Dayne and Gado who know how to play at this level. Do we have the best backs in the world? No way. We can work with this though.

Dungy taking a page from the NE playbook already: Who here hasn’t learned that if they appear on our injury report then they’re really hurt and we could have used their help BUT if they appear on our opponents injury report then we can expect them to have a career day? Also never trust a team starting a backup QB in a playoff game. I learned that during my Oiler days.
Old 09-15-2006   #2
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10234 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Arh, this is mostly how I feel when I log onto the boards in the morning. Only difference, I usually shake my head in disbelief whereas you actually take the time to write all of this.

So Herv, how do you really feel about Reggie B... uhm.. never mind

Good weekend y'all!
Old 09-15-2006   #3
Texan Asylum
Christian

Rep Power: 17420 Texan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respected

Yea, I find it real hard to get anything "Positive" through ALL this "Negativity"...

But, such as it is...
Old 09-15-2006   #4
jdog
All Pro

Rep Power: 16 jdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden cover

I think my one post reply would be, "I can't wait until Sunday!"
jdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006   #5
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 19944 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan

Hervoyel For President!
Dread-Head's #1 Fan, Because He Hates The Cowboys As Much As Me!
FirstTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006   #6
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 209247 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Sticky this bad boy!

Well said, Herv. This should be mandatory reading for all forum newbs...perhaps seasoned vets, too.
Old 09-15-2006   #7
jdog
All Pro

Rep Power: 16 jdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden cover

If we stuck to threads and posts that were substantial and smart, well, we wouldn't have a message board.
jdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-15-2006   #8
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 114256 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

This is not an assignment ... we don't have to some up all the threads do we ?
Old 09-15-2006   #9
Houston_Fanatic
Veteran

Rep Power: 1007 Houston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Great post, Herv.

We may get stomped, we may pull an upset - that is the thrill of the game.

All I care about is getting to see our guys play on Sunday !!!!!!

I HATE OFF-SEASON!

GO TEXANS!!!!

Houston_Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006   #10
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 162318 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by [[Gary Kubiak]]
Herv for mayor. President is too much!

I think we will represent well in indy this Sunday. Defense has to show up!
True that. Anyone who has read anything I've posted in the No Spin Zone would know better than to make me President.
Old 09-15-2006   #11
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3261 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel
Sticky this bad boy!

Well said, Herv. This should be mandatory reading for all forum newbs...perhaps seasoned vets, too.

Here, here. Great post Herv and ditto DB's comments.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006   #12
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 17967 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Awesome post Herv. Kind of a State of the Union address to the Texans board.

I'd like to see this every week.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006   #13
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel
Hey Mario! Who’s your Daddy?: What? Say this to him. I dare you. I double dare you. Walk up to Mario Williams and say “Who’s your Daddy?” While you’re at it ask him how come he can’t play like Reggie Bush.
I would love for a lot of these people to do that, personally. Seeing him at training camp, I was scared just being in the crowd. He is a monster.
Old 09-15-2006   #14
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 30712 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

O good job Herv, you just killed every thread on the board.

Now what do we talk about?

so................

Anyone here want a chocolate pretzel?

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006   #15
Sportsfan
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloy
Arh, this is mostly how I feel when I log onto the boards in the morning. Only difference, I usually shake my head in disbelief whereas you actually take the time to write all of this.

Yep. Same here dude.
Sportsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006   #16
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 75757 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED
O good job Herv, you just killed every thread on the board.

Now what do we talk about?

so................

Anyone here want a chocolate pretzel?
Gawd! That sounds nasty. Do they actually sell those?
Old 09-15-2006   #17
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 9120 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek

At the risk of being cliche:

Best. Post. Ever.
Old 09-15-2006   #18
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2271 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Hervoyel again.

Great post Herv.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006   #19
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

& I only thought I was wasting my time with the other threads....
Old 09-15-2006   #20
Porky
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40369 Porky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respected

Awesome post! It's like going to Wal-mart and dumping everything I need into my cart, instead of having to go to 5 different stores. I will forever more call this thread the five and dime thread. I think a little more highly of Gado than you do, but in general, you are spot on as usual.

Oh, and I will take one of those pretzels please. Yummy. :bananasplit:

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read