Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-15-2006   #1
Luv_ya_blue
1%er

Rep Power: 27409 Luv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respected
Wink My Hat Is Off...To REAL Texans Fans!

I just want to take my hat off to the REAL Houston Texans Fans!
I've never really been able to get the "Texans Bug." I was devastated when the Oilers left town. I WAS a RABID Houston Oilers fan! Right there with the Derrick Dolls, the Blues Brothers and Crazy George, raising the roof in the "House of Pain"! My family had season tickets for like eleventy-hundred-years! If the Oilers were playing at home, I WAS THERE! Face paint, signs, and the big foam Luv Ya Blue Cowboy hat! I WAS THERE! I knew every stat! My aunt and I used to watch Moon's feet in the pocket and could predict with almost 100% accuracy when he would throw a pick ("happy feet" we'd call it). Ray Childress, William Fuller, Doug Smith, Lamar Lathon, Cris Dishman, Drew Hill, Ernest Givens...and the like! NOT saying that the Oilers were necessarily better...it was just easier for me to get "up" for football back then. And before someone says it...I do still live in the past when it comes to "Luv Ya Blue." I'm still holding out hope that the new commish will find a loophole in the contract and will announce "The Houston Oilers will be making a return to Houston, and on a technicality, Bud Adams will be tarred and feathered, dragged through the streets of downtown Houston and then thrown into the depths of the Gulf of Mexico." With that said, I digress...

But YOU GUYS are some of the most RABID FANS that I've seen since those days. Admitedly, I haven't been able to plug into the Texans like I did with the Oilers...don't have season tickets, haven't lived in the Houston area in 3 years (other than this past summer for a few weeks), and only been able to go to a couple Texans games. But I just wanted to say that I TAKE MY HAT OFF TO YOU GUYS!!! You know your stuff. Sure there is the occasional "homer," but that's part of what makes you guys great. I myself, am NOT a Texans homer, but with the likes of many of you guys...I'm proud to call myself a fan! I never like to call people out by name because I'm always scared that I'm gonna leave someone off, but at the risk of offending someone (sorry if I do), I'll just say that being a Houston Texans fan is easy when you look around and see yourself surrounded by the likes of: Herv, Cak, DB, Toro, The All-knowing Banner-Waving Texans Chick , Jerek, Lucky, Thunderkyss, Porky, SWT, PD, Texan Asylum, Red Zone, Vinny, Wolf, Led, Grid, Cloak, Chuckm, Gwallaia, TL13, TF881, and on and on and on! You guys are DIE HARD FANS! And I salute you!

Keep it up! Ward off the Trolls! And Fan the Flame of Houston Texans Football. Go Texans!

ps--Riot, too!

Special Thanks to False Start for the awesome sig! U Rock!

Last edited by Luv_ya_blue; 09-15-2006 at 08:50 AM.
Luv_ya_blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006   #2
Texan Asylum
Christian

Rep Power: 33364 Texan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks Blue, I sense a season of change on the horizon.

You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

To you my Friend...

Last edited by Texan Asylum; 09-15-2006 at 08:51 AM.
Texan Asylum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006   #3
RiotCommander
All Pro

Send a message via ICQ to RiotCommander Send a message via AIM to RiotCommander

Even though I was left out by some clerical error well said.

Edit: Ahahah thanks for adding me.

Last edited by RiotCommander; 09-15-2006 at 09:02 AM.
RiotCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006   #4
Jerry Jones
Rookie

great post!!
Old 09-15-2006   #5
gsbtxn
Veteran

Not to call anyone out by name, but one of your "diehards" is sporting a #10 Titan jersey in his avatar. I call that something other than diehard...
Adoptor of Eric Winston #73
gsbtxn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006   #6
Texan Asylum
Christian

Rep Power: 33364 Texan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv_ya_blue
SWT IS a Texans fan...but he wanted Vince instead of RB or MW...that doesn't make him UN-Diehard. He's nobody's .
My list wasn't intended to be a listing of blind fans that are 100% PRO-(everything)-TEXANS...but what makes this board great is that it is full of fans of the GAME, and the Team, not just the players.
Well said Blue. SWT IS a Texans fan...his choice of attire is something that his Lady Friend will have to correct!
Old 09-15-2006   #7
gsbtxn
Veteran

Quote:
SWT IS a Texans fan...but he wanted Vince instead of RB or MW...that doesn't make him UN-Diehard. He's nobody's .
My list wasn't intended to be a listing of blind fans that are 100% PRO-(everything)-TEXANS...but what makes this board great is that it is full of fans of the GAME, and the Team, not just the players.
Not trying to say he's not a fan or anything. If he wants to be a Texans fan and sport Titans gear, that's his business. It just doesn't fit into my personal categorization of a diehard.
Adoptor of Eric Winston #73
gsbtxn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-15-2006   #8
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 101015 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Hang in there Luv_ya_Blue.
I know it's hard to (as you say) 'plug in' to the Texans, but when they become a perennial winner here in the not too distant future, it will be easier to get past the pain of the Oiler betrayal and become a die hard too.
Enthusiasm is contagious!
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006   #9
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 29448 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan

Good post Luv_ya! Unlike most of the folks here, I don't claim to know a dang thing about football. I'm just a fan. I pull for my team, and as I don't live in Houston anymore, my choices for Texans news is limited. I look to these forums daily to read the latest information available, and it's a joy to have a great place to come and see some very knowledgable fans post their views. Some posters anger me, some make me laugh, and some should be coaches I think because they start talking greek football formations, as I attempt to decipher what the heck they are talking about hehe I have bookmarked every link given to blogs, media outlets, and even video footage of days gone by that I still remember with fond memories. So thanks posters, you make my day, each and every day.
Dread-Head's #1 Fan, Because He Hates The Cowboys As Much As Me!
FirstTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006   #10
Texan Asylum
Christian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstTexansFan
Good post Luv_ya! Unlike most of the folks here, I don't claim to know a dang thing about football. I'm just a fan. I pull for my team, and as I don't live in Houston anymore, my choices for Texans news is limited. I look to these forums daily to read the latest information available, and it's a joy to have a great place to come and see some very knowledgable fans post their views. Some posters anger me, some make me laugh, and some should be coaches I think because they start talking greek football formations, as I attempt to decipher what the heck they are talking about hehe I have bookmarked every link given to blogs, media outlets, and even video footage of days gone by that I still remember with fond memories. So thanks posters, you make my day, each and every day.
Good post yourself FirstTexansFan...
Old 09-15-2006   #11
Nbkan
Rookie

Send a message via ICQ to Nbkan Send a message via AIM to Nbkan Send a message via MSN to Nbkan

Quote:
I just want to take my hat off to the REAL Houston Texans Fans!
I've never really been able to get the "Texans Bug." I was devastated when the Oilers left town. I WAS a RABID Houston Oilers fan! Right there with the Derrick Dolls, the Blues Brothers and Crazy George, raising the roof in the "House of Pain"! My family had season tickets for like eleventy-hundred-years! If the Oilers were playing at home, I WAS THERE! Face paint, signs, and the big foam Luv Ya Blue Cowboy hat! I WAS THERE! I knew every stat! My aunt and I used to watch Moon's feet in the pocket and could predict with almost 100% accuracy when he would throw a pick ("happy feet" we'd call it). Ray Childress, William Fuller, Doug Smith, Lamar Lathon, Cris Dishman, Drew Hill, Ernest Givens...and the like! NOT saying that the Oilers were necessarily better...it was just easier for me to get "up" for football back then. And before someone says it...I do still live in the past when it comes to "Luv Ya Blue." I'm still holding out hope that the new commish will find a loophole in the contract and will announce "The Houston Oilers will be making a return to Houston, and on a technicality, Bud Adams will be tarred and feathered, dragged through the streets of downtown Houston and then thrown into the depths of the Gulf of Mexico." With that said, I digress...

But YOU GUYS are some of the most RABID FANS that I've seen since those days. Admitedly, I haven't been able to plug into the Texans like I did with the Oilers...don't have season tickets, haven't lived in the Houston area in 3 years (other than this past summer for a few weeks), and only been able to go to a couple Texans games. But I just wanted to say that I TAKE MY HAT OFF TO YOU GUYS!!! You know your stuff. Sure there is the occasional "homer," but that's part of what makes you guys great. I myself, am NOT a Texans homer, but with the likes of many of you guys...I'm proud to call myself a fan! I never like to call people out by name because I'm always scared that I'm gonna leave someone off, but at the risk of offending someone (sorry if I do), I'll just say that being a Houston Texans fan is easy when you look around and see yourself surrounded by the likes of: Herv, Cak, DB, Toro, The All-knowing Banner-Waving Texans Chick , Jerek, Lucky, Thunderkyss, Porky, SWT, PD, Texan Asylum, Red Zone, Vinny, Wolf, Led, Grid, Cloak, Chuckm, Gwallaia, TL13, TF881, and on and on and on! You guys are DIE HARD FANS! And I salute you!

Keep it up! Ward off the Trolls! And Fan the Flame of Houston Texans Football. Go Texans!

ps--Riot, too!

Awesome post. I sent our Texans a letter to pump em up via fan feedback email. I hope it finds em well. I just wanted to let them all know that each and every Texan fan is there with them for the 60 minute fight they endure each game. They ain't alone and we won't abandon them. I have a feeling the 9th time is it. Manning shall taste his own turf several times.

and the rest are coming
Nbkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006   #12
gooneybird
Rookie

Default Memories

Hello - Love ya Blue.

Do you remember Coach Bill (?) Peterson and 2 succesive 1-14 seasons?
How about Skip Butler?
It seems to me that Dan Pastorini was sacked a whole bunch at the beginning of his career (Deja Vu?).
How about the first time White Shoes ran a kick back late in the 3rd quarter and half the fans (?) had already left the Dome?

Every year, I hope this will be OUR year.

I have been a Texans Fan from day 1 and no matter how negative the media is or some of the posters on this message board, I WILL continue to look for a positive spin as the Texans proceed toward Houston's first Super Bowl.

Please, keep your positive thoughts coming, too!

Thanks.
gooneybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006   #13
santo
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35666 santo is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respected

Good post Blue.

I have to agree with you about the Houston Oilers. I was heart broken when they left the City of Houston, so I really didn't get into the Texans until now.

Just wanted to mention to all the people here that you all have been a blessing. In the short time that I have been here, I have enjoyed reading people's posts about the players, coaches and games as well as the other things this message board has to offer. My hat goes off to all the Texans fans that have been here thorugh the beginning.

I really don't consider myself to be a diehard Texan fan yet due to the fact that this is the very first season that I have been keeping up with the team, so I really don't know too much about previous years, other than the 2-14 season from last year when I started watching the games.

To me, this season feels like when the Oilers were rebuilding right before they left to Tenessee.

Once again thank you all for the insight of the games, players, and coaches especially during OTA's, Training Camp, and Preseason.

I feel excited this season because I know this is a start for Kubiak and co. to see this franchise become great in the years to come!
Old 09-15-2006   #14
real

Good post Blu...I agree with you...this mesage board is definitely passionate about their texans...too bad the General population isn't....e to come here and hear positive news about the team...
Old 09-15-2006   #15
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

That might be one of the nicest things people have said about me on these boards. Thanks blue. I call them like I see them....but thanks for putting me on the initial list. Its an honor to be up there with those names

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006   #16
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264424 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
In that case, thankyou very much.....
Old 09-15-2006   #17
Porky
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 61481 Porky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks for mentioning me! I am a little different type of fan than some. I am less of a real homer, but a die hard fan I am. I haven't missed a snap, pre-season, or regular since August 2002, and unless I am dying or dead, I won't miss any.

I think my philosphy of fandom is summed up pretty well in a post I made a bit ago - Click Me!
Old 09-15-2006   #18
DontTreadOnMe
Rookie

you forgot me... thats DontTreadOnMe... D as in Dog... thanks
DontTreadOnMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006   #19
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 191772 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

I did'nt get mentioned ... does that make me a bust ?

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006   #20
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 32471 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Its these fans here and many elsewhere that have stuck it out through thick and thin....that will be getting the ultimate satisfaction when this ship is afloat and sailing for the playoffs year in and year out. Our time WILL come.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read