Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-20-2004   #1
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro
Default the Chiefs

ok...i know the past two weeks have been major dissapointments but let's look at this game right...both teams are 0-2...both teams have problems rushing the passer...and recently both teams are having problems offensively...us with turnovers them with establishing a running game...i think we can win this mother and here's why:

1. they can't tackle so this is the perfect team for DD to get his confidence back
2. since we are 0-2 the chances of us being overlooked is good
3. with everything that's happened this season why not
4. we've been better moving the ball down the field

the only things i see we need to get better at before we play the chiefs is:

1. PASS RUSH...i thought we fixed this during the offseason
2. turnovers...i'm not talking about DD...i'm talking about carr...to many picks man
3. 3rd and long we need to stop them
Old 09-20-2004   #2
wags
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 wags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyfro
ok...i know the past two weeks have been major dissapointments but let's look at this game right...both teams are 0-2...both teams have problems rushing the passer...and recently both teams are having problems offensively...us with turnovers them with establishing a running game...i think we can win this mother and here's why:

1. they can't tackle so this is the perfect team for DD to get his confidence back
2. since we are 0-2 the chances of us being overlooked is good
3. with everything that's happened this season why not
4. we've been better moving the ball down the field

the only things i see we need to get better at before we play the chiefs is:

1. PASS RUSH...i thought we fixed this during the offseason
2. turnovers...i'm not talking about DD...i'm talking about carr...to many picks man
3. 3rd and long we need to stop them
If you're talking about turnovers, then you need to talk about DD. One of Carr's picks didn't even matter because it came in the last seconds of the first half(Chargers game). That pick didn't affect the game one bit. DD's four fumbles, however, have affected the 2 games quite a bit. Especially his fumble on San Diego's 15 yard line late in the 4th quarter.
Old 09-20-2004   #3
MLB
Rookie

If you're talking about turnovers, then you need to talk about DD. One of Carr's picks didn't even matter because it came in the last seconds of the first half(Chargers game). That pick didn't affect the game one bit.

What are you talking about? It kept us from gaining just a few more yards to get into field goal range. What about yesterday? The 2 point conversion missed pass by Gaffney was thrown behind him. I lost count of how many shoe lace passes Carr made to his Wide Receivers in the flats. The guy has an accuracy problem. He makes about 2-3 good passes and then misses his mark on the next one. He needs to get way better than that to carry this team.
MLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004   #4
wags
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 wags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLB
What are you talking about? It kept us from gaining just a few more yards to get into field goal range. What about yesterday? The 2 point conversion missed pass by Gaffney was thrown behind him. I lost count of how many shoe lace passes Carr made to his Wide Receivers in the flats. The guy has an accuracy problem. He makes about 2-3 good passes and then misses his mark on the next one. He needs to get way better than that to carry this team.
Carr did make some bad passes, but the original poster said he was more worried about Carr's 3 INT's than DD's four turnovers. I'm more worried about the four fumbles. Tell me MLB, what was more costly, Carr's pick at halftime or DD fumbling on the 15 late in the 4th?
Old 09-20-2004   #5
MLB
Rookie

Tell me MLB, what was more costly, Carr's pick at halftime or DD fumbling on the 15 late in the 4th?

Who knows, I broke my crystal ball when I fell on it after the Lions kick-off return TD yesterday.
MLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004   #6
Lucky

Rep Power: 100513 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLB
...The 2 point conversion missed pass by Gaffney was thrown behind him. I lost count of how many shoe lace passes Carr made to his Wide Receivers in the flats. The guy has an accuracy problem. He makes about 2-3 good passes and then misses his mark on the next one. He needs to get way better than that to carry this team.
The 2 point conversion pass hit both of Gaffneys hands.

The answer to the number of low throws on the quick out is 2 (And I didn't even need to take off my shoes).

Carr makes 2 or 3 good passes them misses the mark? So he should be between 67% - 75% completions? You're right, he's at 71.2%! That would be an NFL record if he finished at that rate, but you're right - it wouldn't and hasn't been good enough to carry this team.
Old 09-20-2004   #7
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

7 turnovers. Need I say more?
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-20-2004   #8
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 23247 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Did anyone watch Vinny Testaverde and Jeff Garcia trying to out do each other in the INT department yesterday?
Old 09-20-2004   #9
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9693 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

our offense, minus the fumbles, has been decent but our defense is attrocious. KC will beat us in a shootout. we will get no pass rush against their offensive line.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004   #10
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7857 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

In that case Domanick better be ready to hold on to the ball.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read