Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-14-2006   #1
brewhaus
All Pro

Default Hey Mario! Who's your Daddy?

Quoting Pete King of SI:
"The Texans drafted Williams so they could one day beat Peyton Manning. That one day is not Sunday at the RCA Dome".

If any of the Texans are reading this garbage and don't get fired up......Then I don't know what it's going to take.
brewhaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006   #2
Htownsportsfan
All Pro

Rep Power: 128 Htownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Why would he pick the Texans? I think they will improve as the season progresses, but if my job was to make predictions and try to be funny, I say try as King oftens fails at this. I would have to pick the colts as well! Thats why they call them upsets, cause they are not supposed to occur! Lets hope like H-ll he is wrong but he did take the safe prediction.
Htownsportsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006   #3
brewhaus
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Htownsportsfan
Why would he pick the Texans? I think they will improve as the season progresses, but if my job was to make predictions and try to be funny, I say try as King oftens fails at this. I would have to pick the colts as well! Thats why they call them upsets, cause they are not supposed to occur! Lets hope like H-ll he is wrong but he did take the safe prediction.
Nobody is gonna pick the Texans. They are from Houston. Natinoal sports writers love to hate Houston. Why wouldn't that statement want to make every player on the Texans want to prove him wrong?
.............sorry for sounding like a but something has to make this team play with some heart, and it seems like this negative B.S. would be enough to do that.
Old 09-14-2006   #4
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewhaus
Nobody is gonna pick the Texans. They are from Houston. Natinoal sports writers love to hate Houston. Why wouldn't that statement want to make every player on the Texans want to prove him wrong?
.............sorry for sounding like a but something has to make this team play with some heart, and it seems like this negative B.S. would be enough to do that.
I don't think Peter King is choosing against the Texans because he's against the city of Houston. I think it's because:

A) We've never beaten the Colts
B) We were 2-14 last season, they were 14-2
C) It's at Indianapolis
D) They have a better team than us

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006   #5
BigDTexansFan
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam
I don't think Peter King is choosing against the Texans because he's against the city of Houston. I think it's because:

A) We've never beaten the Colts
B) We were 2-14 last season, they were 14-2
C) It's at Indianapolis
D) They have a better team than us
I can kind of agree, BUT not with D....BS we are just as good as they are and will prove it this year
Old 09-14-2006   #6
RiotCommander
All Pro

Send a message via ICQ to RiotCommander Send a message via AIM to RiotCommander

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDTexansFan
I can kind of agree, BUT not with D....BS we are just as good as they are and will prove it this year

Old 09-14-2006   #7
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 398704 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewhaus
Quoting Pete King of SI:
"The Texans drafted Williams so they could one day beat Peyton Manning. That one day is not Sunday at the RCA Dome".
Hey, look! It's Pete King!

Old 09-14-2006   #8
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

The topic title is extremely inappropiate.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006   #9
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13829 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

One interesting fact I heard or read somewhere today was that in Texans history we have 900+ rushing yards against the Colts, more than any other one team we have ever played. I also was checking earlier today and noticed that Indy's running game and rushing defense struggled in the first game of the season and also some in the preseason. If we can pressure Manning we might have a long shot at a big time upset win on Sunday. I wish I was a rich gambling man.
Old 09-15-2006   #10
rittenhouserobz
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to rittenhouserobz

With a nice spread you might win a little. Not even close straight up.
Old 09-15-2006   #11
brewhaus
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan
The topic title is extremely inappropiate.

So was the statement Pete made.
Old 09-15-2006   #12
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan279
One interesting fact I heard or read somewhere today was that in Texans history we have 900+ rushing yards against the Colts, more than any other one team we have ever played. I also was checking earlier today and noticed that Indy's running game and rushing defense struggled in the first game of the season and also some in the preseason. If we can pressure Manning we might have a long shot at a big time upset win on Sunday. I wish I was a rich gambling man.
The only teams that was worse than the Colts on defense from week one is the Texans...
Old 09-15-2006   #13
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13829 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx
The only teams that was worse than the Colts on defense from week one is the Texans...
Their defense is ranked 30th against the run, ours is ranked 25th against the run.
Old 09-15-2006   #14
real

Quote:
Their defense is ranked 30th against the run, ours is ranked 25th against the run.
overall defense...
Old 09-15-2006   #15
texan279
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx
overall defense...
Re read what you quoted me as saying, I said the Colts defense has struggled against the run, I never said their overall defense.
Old 09-15-2006   #16
Txn_in_FL
Lucky 13

Rep Power: 33753 Txn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respected

Do I expect a win this weekend, no. I think you'd have to be a tad on the high side to think that way, but I do think there is a chance for it to happen.

I can't wait to have a winning season, but the season (which very well could be this one) is the season where they begin to turn it around. The season where one lucky win (maybe against the Colts?) turns into another and then another. The season where we can't be counted out until the final seconds tick off the clock.

I think this season is going to be a slow build and by the end of the season we will have something very interesting on our hands. As long as they start to pull it together by the Dallas game I'll be happy.
Old 09-15-2006   #17
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 107589 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Re read what you quoted me as saying, I said the Colts defense has struggled against the run, I never said their overall defense.
I didn't recognize the dudes in your avatar, so I did a 'right click', 'save as...' to see the file name.
I'm not too much of a Pantera fan, but did a wikipedia search for Dimebag and read the page.
The part about him being buried with Eddie Van Halen's flying V led me to do a search for a pic of the back of the VH II album cover, which then led me to classicVanHalen.com, which is a decent site if you like VH.

It's completely OT, I know, but thanks for inspiring that little side trip...
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read