Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: What do you think the outcome of Sunday's game vs. Indianapolis will be?
Texans win by 7 or more 4 6.67%
Texans win by less than 7 12 20.00%
Colts win by 7 or more 38 63.33%
Colts win by less than 7 6 10.00%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-14-2006   #1
TexansAllTheWayBaby
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 TexansAllTheWayBaby is a Pro BowlerTexansAllTheWayBaby is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via AIM to TexansAllTheWayBaby
Default Weekly Poll: Game vs. Indianapolis

Please vote honestly. You may post messages as well.
Old 09-14-2006   #2
kcwilson
All Pro

Rep Power: 12 kcwilson was voted MVPkcwilson was voted MVPkcwilson was voted MVP

Colts by 7

There is a reason why grown men leave Las Vegas crying.
Old 09-14-2006   #3
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Colts by 14
Texans 14 Colts 28+ is my guess
Old 09-14-2006   #4
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

colts by 10.
Old 09-14-2006   #5
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 112586 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Colts by 17
Old 09-14-2006   #6
blockhead83
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to blockhead83

Colts by atleast two TD's. I'll consider it a small victory if we still have a game going into the 4th quarter.
blockhead83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006   #7
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Colts by 10.

If the Texans can't get a pass rush on Peyton he'll eat them up like McNabb did.

I do expect the Texans to play well though.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-14-2006   #8
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 11661 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek

I know that this is a winnable game. It is quite possible that we win. The Colts D is not going to be as good as the Eagles and as far as I am concerned, Donovan McNabb was in one hell of a zone last week. The Colts don't have a Brian Westbrook. Peyton will be as good but not better than McNabb, and he's certainly easier to bring the wood to. And I'm hoping that our own Mr. Richard Smith will bring the wood. Peyton has always struggled against good blitzing defenses (albeit typically with a better secondary than ours) but applying pressure early and often is this week's cliche -- but very important -- key.

I'll also be watching David Carr. I think he demonstrated a lot of improvement last week, and the Colts secondary is not very strong. Provided we can give Carr more than 0.90 seconds to throw, this might be his coming out party. I sincerely believe that. Andre or Moulds one on one is going to be automatic.

I also think our running game will look better.

All of that said, we're still a young team playing a very veteran team on the road. I suspect we'll make it competitive and hang tough, but ultimately lose; I'm guessing by 6-10. I'm hoping Richard Smith has been watching film, because our defensive playcalling is this week's X-factor.

And I sincerely hope our guys prove me wrong. I say that here, but I plan on checking the Vegas line, and if the odds are right, placing a bet on our Texans pulling through. Not a life savings type bet, but a lunch money for my week type bet.
Old 09-14-2006   #9
real

Only Defense worst than the Colts after week one is us...
Old 09-14-2006   #10
Str8tupg42k1
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx
Only Defense worst than the Colts after week one is us...
what about the tacks D
Str8tupg42k1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006   #11
BigDTexansFan
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcwilson
Colts by 7

There is a reason why grown men leave Las Vegas crying.
I would be crying too, OK tears of joy. Colts by 13 USA Today Sheridan's odds , I would lay a couple of hundred on that point spread. They are going off 1st game and fact that Colts 0-8 (problem with never losing is, sooner or later YOU WILL), Edge gone the Colts rushed almost as bad as we did. I think we can win!!!
Old 09-14-2006   #12
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

I'd be confident about this game too if our secondary wasn't reminiscent of swiss cheese.
Old 09-14-2006   #13
colts18288
Rookie

Colts by 13, If we still had Vandershank I would say 7, but Adam Vinitari is good for 6 points. Score Colts 27, Texans 14.
colts18288 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006   #14
AlbinoRat
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to AlbinoRat

I've gotta say Colts by 20

Colts 27, Texans 7
Old 09-14-2006   #15
kcwilson
All Pro

Rep Power: 12 kcwilson was voted MVPkcwilson was voted MVPkcwilson was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDTexansFan
I would be crying too, OK tears of joy. Colts by 13 USA Today Sheridan's odds , I would lay a couple of hundred on that point spread. They are going off 1st game and fact that Colts 0-8 (problem with never losing is, sooner or later YOU WILL), Edge gone the Colts rushed almost as bad as we did. I think we can win!!!
I think we could win... I just don't think that we will. And from a statistical standpoint, there is nothing that says in football that just because you lost the previous 8, your 'chances of winning' are increased. If I flip a coin 10 times and it comes up heads 10 times, the eleventh flip has the same odds of being tails as it did the previous 10 times.

Now, through the previous 8 matchups, we should have learned a lot about how to beat the Colts, but the problem is, this team has not shown that it can execute a gameplan successfully for an extended period of time without some significant breakdown. This consistency has to be developed... and I think we will get better with consistency and execution as the season goes on and the team gels/becomes more familiar with assignments and gets experience.

The Colts can, should, and will win this game. I look forward to everyone being able to yell at the top of their lungs if the Colts lose. I truly hope that on Sunday afternoon, I am being berated unmercilessly and battered about like a defenseless little bunny fighting for its life against a band of cougars.
Old 09-14-2006   #16
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Right now, I'm thinking:

Colts: 30

Texans: 13

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006   #17
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by colts18288
Colts by 13, If we still had Vandershank I would say 7, but Adam Vinitari is good for 6 points. Score Colts 27, Texans 14.

Hey give the guy his due. He has been great during the regular season (best percentage in NFL history). It is the playoffs where it is a different story.
Old 09-14-2006   #18
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 14067 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Colts: 0
Texans 27
Old 09-14-2006   #19
colts18288
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOgre
Hey give the guy his due. He has been great during the regular season (best percentage in NFL history). It is the playoffs where it is a different story.
Walking on Letterman and nailing 1 in jeans got him his due, dude he kicked it so far right, George Bush caught it. (J/K, had to toss some Texas in the humor).

He was paid by the C.I.A., the white house and that lil man on the moon.
colts18288 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006   #20
J-Storm
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to J-Storm

The Colts won't be as good as the Eagles this year, but we still won't be as good as the Colts so they will beat us by the same score as last week at a guess... Colts by at least 14-17...

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read