Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 09-14-2006   #1
tburdette
Rookie

Default Troy Vincent may be cut

I just saw on NFL Live that Troy Vincent might be cut. I know he is on IR but they said that he will be back before the season is over. Since the Bills put him on IR does he have to be on IR with us too? If not he would be a good addittion to our secondary.
tburdette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006   #2
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 75757 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by tburdette
I just saw on NFL Live that Troy Vincent might be cut. I know he is on IR but they said that he will be back before the season is over. Since the Bills put him on IR does he have to be on IR with us too? If not he would be a good addittion to our secondary.
Too old!
Old 09-14-2006   #3
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7857 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

If we are looking for a quick fix this would be a good dude to get. From what I understand he plays safety now. This would be huge for the developement of our safties and a guy like Dunta to have out there also.

Vincent can still play IMO!!!!! We should jump on that.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006   #4
Holden135
Veteran

I heard that he will not be back this season. He is 35 right now and after a season ending injury i don't see how he could be back to his regular form afterwards.
Holden135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006   #5
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Section: 111, Row Q
Rep Power: 346 Texans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought you couldn't cut an injured player....
Texans Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006   #6
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 75757 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden135
I heard that he will not be back this season. He is 35 right now and after a season ending injury i don't see how he could be back to his regular form afterwards.
This claims he'll be out 4-6 weeks. Who knows? He still too old though.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/player?statsId=2225
Old 09-14-2006   #7
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 225351 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to infantrycak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden135
He has a hammy issue just like Steve Smith, TO, Hines Ward. He will be available to play at some point this season which is why Takeo Spikes is PO'd about him getting IR'd. Once he is healed, he can be cut from IR by the Bills although he started the season with them so his $2.6 mil contract is guaranteed for the year. He can then play for any team but the Bills.
Old 09-14-2006   #8
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 41089 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

From 1st and 10:
"Putting safety Troy Vincent on the injured reserve list was an interesting move. Vincent is a leader. He's the president of the NFLPA, but he's a smart football player, the kind you want on a young defense in transition under Dick Jauron. He suffered a hamstring injury in the opener, but the Bills made the surprise move of putting him on injured reserve thus ending his season."
Old 09-14-2006   #9
Str8tupg42k1
Veteran

didn't capers and crew try to get him before he signed with buffalo when he was a CB. Could be mistaken, i think it was antoine winfield don't remember i went to get hypnotized so I wouldn't have to remember about the previous regime.j/k
Str8tupg42k1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006   #10
BigDTexansFan
All Pro

15 year veteran, just how good do you think he will be running after guys not even born yet when he came into NFL
Old 10-12-2006   #11
tburdette
Rookie

Default Re: Troy Vincent may be cut

Alright guys he was cut today and our secondary isnt any better than it was 3 weeks ago. So lets go ahead and pick him up for this year and possibly next and draft a safety that can sit and learn from him.
Old 10-12-2006   #12
Please_Evolve
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 Please_Evolve is a Pro BowlerPlease_Evolve is a Pro Bowler

ugh seriously.

"too old" or my other least favorite " too injury prone"

Do any of ya'll remeber Darrell Green? The guy played CB into his late 30's.

Honestly i'm tired of refering to players too old when that is what has plagued this team pretty much after the first season is veterans getting cut and replaced with younger inexperienced players and no key veterans to help them develop. If nothing else it couldn't hurt us to bring him inand see what he has left. A few years ago Bobby Taylor and him made the premier CB tandem in the league in Philly. All it could do is help our secondary...which is ...just not there.
Please_Evolve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006   #13
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 85740 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

I.R. = out for the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006   #14
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 411 Hulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Please_Evolve View Post
ugh seriously.

"too old" or my other least favorite " too injury prone"

Do any of ya'll remeber Darrell Green? The guy played CB into his late 30's.

Honestly i'm tired of refering to players too old when that is what has plagued this team pretty much after the first season is veterans getting cut and replaced with younger inexperienced players and no key veterans to help them develop. If nothing else it couldn't hurt us to bring him inand see what he has left. A few years ago Bobby Taylor and him made the premier CB tandem in the league in Philly. All it could do is help our secondary...which is ...just not there.
Yea! Looks like Aaron Glenn is doing fine, everytime I watch the Cowboys I here his name, he is what 30+ and I wish (just like Dunta) that he was still here.

Troy can play ball, if he makes our team better then I am all for it.
Hulk75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006   #15
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 63790 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

I like Troy, always have since his days in PHilly, but IMO anything is better than CC @ FS. We could pick him up, stick CC on the pine for depth @ the SS, & if Petey comes back, we'd be OK for Nickel situations instead of relying on Mccleon.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006   #16
tburdette
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCROD View Post
I.R. = out for the year
I am pretty sure that since the Bills put him on IR and they cut him that he is no longer on IR. And I also think that in order for him to make our team he has to pass a physical.
Old 10-12-2006   #17
AustinJB
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 AustinJB was voted MVPAustinJB was voted MVPAustinJB was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDTexansFan View Post
15 year veteran, just how good do you think he will be running after guys not even born yet when he came into NFL
Ummmm...so, are you telling me you don't think he would be an upgrade over CC??
Old 10-12-2006   #18
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 225351 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to infantrycak

Quote:
Originally Posted by tburdette View Post
I am pretty sure that since the Bills put him on IR and they cut him that he is no longer on IR. And I also think that in order for him to make our team he has to pass a physical.
The Bills designation of IR for Vincent only means he can not play for them this year. He has passed a physical in order to be released. He is guaranteed his salary of $2.6 mil for this season by the Bills. He can go sign with anyone but the Bills at this point.

Dexter McCleon is 33 years old running around out there now. They need to think long and hard about this one.
Old 10-12-2006   #19
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50776 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Str8tupg42k1 View Post
didn't capers and crew try to get him before he signed with buffalo when he was a CB. Could be mistaken, i think it was antoine winfield don't remember i went to get hypnotized so I wouldn't have to remember about the previous regime.j/k
Winfield was who we had targeted.

My analysis on the Troy Vincent ordeal: IT IS A GIFT.

You don't get players like this dropped into your lap every day.

We have shown we will make a tough cut to make roster space. I believe we have been saying that we were always looking for DBs. The guy is a solid character and would be a good locker room presence. He's playing Safety and not up on the line as a CB.

Age is his only knock against him.

I'd sign him.
Old 10-12-2006   #20
AggieTexanFan
Rookie

They did cut him, and they did for salary cap reasons

A lot of eyebrows were raised when he went on IR for a hamstring injury that was not season ending, but the Bills did it so they could release him after the years end and not be held accountable for his remaining contract

They cut him lose today and he is free to sign with another team from what I understood

Vincent was hurt how the Bills treated him, but is looking to move on

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read