Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-14-2006   #1
Xman
Veteran

Default Dansby - maybe we get this guy too

No position for Dansby?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2587553

According to the article, Karlos Dansby is on the outside looking in. Since he was hurt, and didn't participate in offseason meetings, he has been replaced and is now a reserve.

This guy could step right in and be a key contributor for us. Maybe we could get him for Babin? (or a 4th round pick and a player, or Hodgdon, etc.)

Thoughts?
Xman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006   #2
real

Would be a great pick-up...but I'd rather not give up Babin...I'd rather get rid of Greenwood and a 6th...or maybe just give up a fourth...
Old 09-14-2006   #3
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Trading Greenwood is ridiculous and won't happen for a number of reasons:
1. The article states that Arizona already has a LB corp they like
2. The cap hit for Greenwood would be huge
3. Greenwood's contract is awful. No NFL team would want to take that over
4. We are already VERY shallow at OLB, we can't afford to lose one
5. He actually played pretty well during the preseason, especially as a blitzer

IMO we would have to give up a draft pick, and probably a 3rd or better (since he had a good year last year and was a 2nd round pick the year before)
Old 09-14-2006   #4
Xman
Veteran

I would loike to get him cheap, but AZ will want someting good because he was "going to be a fixture" on their team before his injuries (underwent surgeries to repair ligament damage to his right pinkie finger and left thumb, missed time with a strained hamstring, and subsequently suffered a toe injury on his left foot. That injury did not require surgery, but the extensive treatment kept Dansby off the field for all of camp.)

I think he is worth a decent draft pick and a player.

2006 Scouting Report - Scouts Inc.
Grade: 72 | Key
Alert: None

Comment:
He is an instinctive and natural player and plays with both speed and explosiveness. He does an excellent job in space, has a knack for slipping blocks and making plays on the move and is an excellent tackler. He has speed to the outside and range to the edge, and really shows a burst to close. He is a good athlete, and also does an excellent job in his coverage skills in the passing game. He has good hips and change of direction skills, and is a smooth athlete with surprisingly good instincts for a young player. Although he has excellent overall power, and he is not afraid to mix it up, he is not as effective when stepping up and filling vs. the inside run, and needs to improve his ability to stack, shed at the point of attack and get off blocks.
Old 09-14-2006   #5
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 41385 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

I wouldn't let Babin go, he's contributing on our team right now. I'd trade a 4th rd pick and a player who doesn't contribute to our team, so I doubt that the Cardinals would be willing to make that trade. I'm sure that they will just keep him as a capable back up and to rotate into the game to keep fresh line backers.
Old 09-14-2006   #6
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02
Trading Greenwood is ridiculous and won't happen for a number of reasons:
1. The article states that Arizona already has a LB corp they like
2. The cap hit for Greenwood would be huge
3. Greenwood's contract is awful. No NFL team would want to take that over
4. We are already VERY shallow at OLB, we can't afford to lose one
5. He actually played pretty well during the preseason, especially as a blitzer

IMO we would have to give up a draft pick, and probably a 3rd or better (since he had a good year last year and was a 2nd round pick the year before)
ha ha...did you really have to make a list ? ha.....
Old 09-14-2006   #7
AtheGreat
Veteran

i really like him. i (for some reason) kept up with him last season and he seemed to be a very good player. If we could get him in the mix i think that would be a VERY postitive pick-up. 3rd or lower draft pick and i would squeeze the trigger. and...as an added bonus, he's the only other AZ defender i can name besides Antrell Rolle.
AtheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-14-2006   #8
real

I think they will definitely trade him if he is delegated to the bench...thats an exspensive back-up...
Old 09-14-2006   #9
Xman
Veteran

sounds like the offer is . . . . a 3rd and Hodgdon?
Old 09-14-2006   #10
AtheGreat
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xman
sounds like the offer is . . . . a 3rd and Hodgdon?

if thats would be the card's the asking price...where does Smith sign??
AtheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006   #11
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx
ha ha...did you really have to make a list ? ha.....
lol sorry, I didn't mean that to come off as rude or anything. I'm still so frustrated at how much guaranteed $$$ so many unproven players were given on this team, that now its impossible to unload them anywhere else.
Old 09-14-2006   #12
gtexan02
Working?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheGreat
if thats would be the card's the asking price...where does Smith sign??
I don't think we can afford to let go our 1 capable backup center. Flannagan is pretty old, and Hogdon did show signs of progress last year
Old 09-14-2006   #13
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02
lol sorry, I didn't mean that to come off as rude or anything. I'm still so frustrated at how much guaranteed $$$ so many unproven players were given on this team, that now its impossible to unload them anywhere else.
It's all good...i feel your pain brutha...
Old 09-14-2006   #14
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I wouldn't give up Babin. I think Babin needs to get on the field more. Last game he was the only guy that got anywhere close to Mcnabb.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006   #15
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 128249 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Maybe we could give up a 3rd and Chris Brown? Doh! Nevermind, they already have the best Kicker in the league.
Old 09-14-2006   #16
Xman
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX
Maybe we could give up a 3rd and Chris Brown? Doh! Nevermind, they already have the best Kicker in the league.
I think we would have to give up a 1st to get Dansby AND Rackers.

(and before anyone responds - there is NO way we should trade a future first)
Old 09-14-2006   #17
Chance_C
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4104 Chance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Last game he was the only guy that got anywhere close to Mcnabb.
Don't forget Weaver's sack!!
Old 09-14-2006   #18
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah that was after Mcnabb fell down on accident near the sideline and Weaver touched him.

Babin actually got through the line.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006   #19
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 128249 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano
Yeah that was after Mcnabb fell down on accident near the sideline and Weaver touched him.

Babin actually got through the line.
FYI He slid to avoid the hit. He did not accidentally fall. It wasn't near the sideline either. It was a little outside and behind the TE position.
Old 09-14-2006   #20
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX
FYI He slid to avoid the hit. He did not accidentally fall. It wasn't near the sideline either. It was a little outside and behind the TE position.
I could've sworn He tripped...

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read