Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Any ex-Texans talking?

afcman

Waterboy
Does anyone know if any ex-texans players have ever been asked about their time with the team? Just trying to get some inside scoop on what's going on, you know?

afcman said:
Does anyone know if any ex-texans players have ever been asked about their time with the team? Just trying to get some inside scoop on what's going on, you know?

ONLY player have heard talking about it was Jabbar "will play for food" Gaffney, most of it was side of mouth "Glad to finally be with a team with a winning attitude" when he got to Philly of course he is now watching NFL from home since they cut his classless butt

afcman said:

I think he may be talking about this year's ex players, but yeah, Gaffney is probably trying to pay his way back into the Texans now!

Is that on the unemployment form?
"How do you feel about your previous employer? Well the Texans suck, I hated the time I was there. But they paid a boat load of money to deliver goods that I couldnt produce. Did I mention the tax-free money yet?"

Ex-players do not bad mouth teams even after they have been cut. They will to their friends, who are players from that team or other teams they have played on. However, people close to them would love to tell what they know but never would. Very closed society.

socalfan said:
Ex-players do not bad mouth teams even after they have been cut. They will to their friends, who are players from that team or other teams they have played on. However, people close to them would love to tell what they know but never would. Very closed society.

You are being sarcastic,right?

No I'm not. How many times have you seen reports of players saying bad things about a GM or Coach after they have been cut or traded, unless of course you are talking about big time money players. The non skill players willl never say anything bad or tell the truth, and truth be told they are the ones who know exactly what is going on within a organization. There are countless players who could tell all about what went on during their stint with a particular team in the NFL, but they will keep their mouth shut. Why? Really don't know. I do know a few players and ex players and they are very loyal, not to the teams per se, but their fellow players. For the most part they dont care about their prior teams (by this I mean their coaches and GM), but they do care about their ex-teamates. Will say most think coaches and GMs are very good at shading the truth. Such is life in the NFL. Trust me, it ain't pretty.

There are countless players who could tell all about what went on during their stint with a particular team in the NFL, but they will keep their mouth shut. Why? Really don't know.

Because then no other team would want to hire them. But there are always leaks. If this were the Patriots instead of the Texans there would be leaks.

I imagine if reporters talk to these “ex Texans” and they don’t have anything bad to say it isn’t considered newsworthy and we don’t see it anyway.

socalfan said:

So what do you call Barlow calling his ex-coach "Hitler" after being traded to the Jets?

I imagine if reporters talk to these “ex Texans” and they don’t have anything bad too say it isn’t considered newsworthy and we don’t see it anyway.

Yeah, good point.

Most won't say anything publicly because they know it may affect them with future jobs. It's kinda like how you don't go badmouthing every former employer.

afcman said:
Yeah, good point.

On top of that, we haven't lost any key players...the reason I mention this is because...who really gives a flyin...what Gaffney has to say ? Do you really think a reporter wasted his time interviewing Jonathan wells....what about Hollings...Jamal Lord..Marlon McCree..Matt Stevens.....We haven't lost anyone that reporters would even really care what they said....Players bad mouth there old teams...T.O, barlow, Keshawn(tampa)...ect...but those are popular players...the most popular players we've lost are Aaron Glen, and Jamie Sharper...hardly newsworthy..

xtruroyaltyx said:
On top of that, we haven't lost any key players...

Do you really think a reporter wasted his time interviewing ...

hardly newsworthy..

I think the players that the reporters consider worth their time differ from what some of the board members might think. We might only consider stars, while they may consider long time Texans, those that have started a significant number of games, or those players with whom they have some rapport.

I would bet that reporters did go out of their way to interview some players.

xtruroyaltyx said:
On top of that, we haven't lost any key players...the reason I mention this is because...who really gives a flyin...what Gaffney has to say ? Do you really think a reporter wasted his time interviewing Jonathan wells....what about Hollings...Jamal Lord..Marlon McCree..Matt Stevens.....We haven't lost anyone that reporters would even really care what they said....Players bad mouth there old teams...T.O, barlow, Keshawn(tampa)...ect...but those are popular players...the most popular players we've lost are Aaron Glen, and Jamie Sharper...hardly newsworthy..

Man oh man, do I wish we still had him. :hunter:

Runner said:
I think the players that the reporters consider worth their time differ from what some of the board members might think. We might only consider stars, while they may consider long time Texans, those that have started a significant number of games, or those players with whom they have some rapport.

I would bet that reporters did go out of their way to interview some players.

You may have misunderstood what I was trying to say...We haven't lost anybody who is news worthy enought to have gone to another team, said something negatively about the team; and then have their comments reach us all the way in houston...like T.O, Keshawn...ect...Their comments are put under national spotlight....The players we have lost are not worthy of National spotlight...They may make comments to the local media, but if you're too lazy or aren't able to read other cities papers more than likely you aren't going to hear about it...do you understand what I'm saying ? Even Gafney's comments were made to their local media....

Actually didn't Jamie Sharper say something publicly when he went to Seattle about it being nice to be on a team that focuses on getting to the playoffs and not focusing on winning at least one game.

eric138 said:
Actually didn't Jamie Sharper say something publicly when he went to Seattle about it being nice to be on a team that focuses on getting to the playoffs and not focusing on winning at least one game.

I don't recall that but he may have...

eric138 said:

I'm pretty sure you are right. I remember something along those lines too.

Back