Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-19-2004   #1
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 31376 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Under Review??????

I realize we gave the game away on turnovers AGAIN....but AJ was pushed out of bounds at the 1 and there was no review. What gives??? I mean it may have been too little too late, but we score from 1 yard out, you can at least try the onsides kick and if we got it, we still had 3 timeouts.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004   #2
rhc564
Veteran

...get use to it, buddy, it's going to be a long year
rhc564 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004   #3
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 143 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

i still don't get that call. it's under 2 minutes and a disputable play, where were the guys who make that decision. fire them now
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004   #4
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

there is no challenge for a force out call....

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004   #5
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3791 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

The ref blew the call, but like Fiddy said there is no review for a force out call. It's up to the referree on the field to judge. I don't understand the rule, but apparently thats how the NFL does it.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004   #6
thetexanator
All Pro

Rep Power: 2577 thetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respected

the texans should complain to the league
thetexanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004   #7
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 31376 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
Then it was a sorry ****ing call.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-19-2004   #8
texansfan88
All Pro

according to the self proclaimed experts on this board, we really suck so it wouldnt of mattered anyway.
texansfan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004   #9
Mistril48
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
I thought this also, but at the end of the Tacks game, they reviewed a force of call on the 1 yrd line ... so I'm confused.
Mistril48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004   #10
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 109004 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistril48
I thought this also, but at the end of the Tacks game, they reviewed a force of call on the 1 yrd line ... so I'm confused.
They were only looking at possession of the ball. They were not ruling on the judgement aspect of the force out.
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004   #11
Reddevil63
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Reddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotReddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to Reddevil63 Send a message via Yahoo to Reddevil63

it was a good catch though
Reddevil63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004   #12
jacquescas
Hall of Fame

I'm happy Carr is making strides, if Davis can't control his fumbling we still have Hollings that is promising. I don't expect more than 5 wins this season.
jacquescas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004   #13
rittenhouserobz
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to rittenhouserobz

The guys upstairs should have challenged the catch not the push out of bounds, but in reality the premise of instant replay is too ensure that a bad play isn't called.
Old 09-19-2004   #14
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52069 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default That's It

OK, that's it. Fire the refs, Capers, Casserly, Palmer, the rest of the coaches, DD, Dunta, and anyone else who has an attitude. Nah, just fire that one ref and PUT DD ON THE FREAKING BENCH!
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004   #15
Mistril48
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
They were only looking at possession of the ball. They were not ruling on the judgement aspect of the force out.
Thanks. I had the sound down and didn't hear what they said. I just saw them reviewing something.
Mistril48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004   #16
Jwwillis
All Pro

The way I understood it the Texans couldnt challenge in the last 2 minuets only the officials could. The officials didnt challenge it because the force out rule in un-challengable.
Jwwillis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004   #17
bossbfan
Rookie

As a Lions fan I actually felt a little dirty when the ref blew that call on Andre's catch. I want the Lions to win, but not on bad calls. You still would have had to get the onside kick, plus score another TD, but you should have had a shot at it. I also would have liked to have seen if the Lions could have stopped the Texans at the 1 YD line.

I think the worst play of the game was when the Texans went for 2 with like 15min left in the game. That was a BAD coaching decision. Very panicky.
bossbfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004   #18
wags
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 wags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bossbfan
I think the worst play of the game was when the Texans went for 2 with like 15min left in the game. That was a BAD coaching decision. Very panicky.
Yea, I have always heard that you never "chase" points. With 12 minutes left I was not happy to see them go for 2.
Old 09-19-2004   #19
JustBonee
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by wags
Yea, I have always heard that you never "chase" points. With 12 minutes left I was not happy to see them go for 2.
In that instance, it wasn't a bad coaching decision, because if they had made the 2 points and then had gotten a field goal after that, the game would have been tied.
But other than that call ... the rest of the coaching decisions were the pits!
JustBonee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004   #20
JDizzle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2754 JDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bossbfan
That wasn't a "panicky" decision at all. Capers was just trying to get within a field goal from evening the score. If you look at the scenarios it makes sense.

A) Kick the PAT, you're down 4 points and need a touchdown to go ahead.
B) Go for 2, fail, you're down 5, yet you still need a touchdown to go ahead.
C) Go for 2, succeed, you're down 3 and within a field goal of evening things up.

In that case going for 2 isn't a very big risk, even in the 4th quarter.
JDizzle is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read