Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-13-2006   #1
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 154151 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default 610am: Ron Dayne will see a "ton" of action vs Colts Sunday

610am just reported that the Texans perceive Morency as a 3rd down back and they think Gado is an every down back. They then said that Ron Dayne is expected to see, "a ton of action" Sunday per the Texans.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006   #2
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Hey, Gaddo was GBs only bright spot last year. I saw him break a couple last year on ESPN. We shall see.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006   #3
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 154151 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Vandermeer is saying that Kubiak will be on 610 soon.

Old 09-13-2006   #4
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
I wonder if this means Chris Taylor might be coming back.
Old 09-13-2006   #5
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano
I wonder if this means Chris Taylor might be coming back.
I doubt it...
Old 09-13-2006   #6
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Morency a 3rd down back?
Old 09-13-2006   #7
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan279
Morency a 3rd down back?
I think he meant Lundy.
Old 09-13-2006   #8
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

They have Ahman Green.

This may have also been done because this gives Morency the best chance to go for a starting job.

You had to think the writing was on the wall for Morency. Dayne comes in and knows the system, Lundy was picked by Kubiak....
Old 09-13-2006   #9
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanFan881
I think he meant Lundy.
no I didn't. They said (610am news flash) that the Texans see Morency as a 3rd down back and Gado more of a starting back.

Old 09-13-2006   #10
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanFan881
I think he meant Lundy.
I think he meant Morency.
Old 09-13-2006   #11
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

They are saying that Gado can come in and contribute better than Morency because now that Dayne is here Morency would be the third down back.

Now you possibly got Dayne and Lundy (for this week or until Gado gets acclimated).

Once Gado breaks starting line up you can go Gado, Dayne and then Lundy. Let Lundy run back kicks still.
Old 09-13-2006   #12
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
Vin, Know when "soon" is ?
Old 09-13-2006   #13
tsip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 tsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVP

Wow. We sure are making a lot of changes 'out of the box'--

1) not going to blitz like pre-season, just going to use the front 4
2) new RB's
3) Weary benched, McKinney starting

I think the 's are right in that this is going to be a very interesting year!!
tsip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006   #14
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsip
Wow. We sure are making a lot of changes 'out of the box'--

1) not going to blitz like pre-season, just going to use the front 4
2) new RB's
3) Weary benched, McKinney starting

I think the 's are right in that this is going to be a very interesting year!!
Only thing I don't like is the no blitz thing, especially announcing it. All teams will have to do now is keep a RB/FB and or TE in to block to beat us up front now.
Old 09-13-2006   #15
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 247537 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I started thinking this would happen shortly after we picked Dayne up. When you think about it the Texans just did not have the horses to get this done with Lundy, Morency, and Taylor. Sure those guys looked good in the preseason and I'm not saying backs like Lundy and Taylor aren't going to have a job here. I'm just saying that from the moment they brought in Antowain Smith you knew that there was something missing in our "mix" and Kubiak was looking for it.

Domanick Davis is done and I think Kubiak is pretty sure of it at this point.

I think Taylor is a project with a lot of upside (practice squad). I don't think Lundy is much further along than Taylor and on a team that had sufficient depth at RB the better of the two would be on the practice squad and the other would be looking for work.

Kubiak didn't care for Morency and Antowain was too old. Enter Ron Dayne who gets a chance to work his way past the rookie and prove that he can continue to be productive in this system (building on his 53 carries from a season ago). Now Morency leaves for Gado and suddenly we have a whole new backfield.

The coaches weren't satisfied with what we had back there. Look at the draft and how we tried to trade up to get DeAngelo Williams before Carolina moved up and snagged him. We would have ended up without DeMeco Ryans and I'm glad things turned out the way they did but clearly even back at the draft we were looking for a RB.

For all any of us know we're still looking for a RB.
Old 09-13-2006   #16
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 21402 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

We have Gado! Since when.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006   #17
Snapple
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack
We have Gado! Since when.
Since a couple hours ago. Notice the big 8 page topic.
Snapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006   #18
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel
The coaches weren't satisfied with what we had back there. Look at the draft and how we tried to trade up to get DeAngelo Williams before Carolina moved up and snagged him. We would have ended up without DeMeco Ryans and I'm glad things turned out the way they did but clearly even back at the draft we were looking for a RB.

For all any of us know we're still looking for a RB.
I think you are right about this and I agree about Ryans.

Old 09-13-2006   #19
SESupergenius

Wow, another Capers/Casslery player gone bad. Good pick up, this has Sherman's mark all over it.
Old 09-13-2006   #20
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 99659 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SESupergenius
Wow, another Capers/Casslery player gone bad. Good pick up, this has Sherman's mark all over it.

I am afraid to even look at our drafts and who is still here.

why couldn't Kubiak have been ready in 2002 and take over this franchse ..man bad timing.
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read