Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-13-2006   #161
hot pickle
Canada Eh

Rep Power: 2075 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

i like morency but i think Gado will do better in our system so if it makes our team better then its aight with me
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006   #162
jdog
All Pro

Rep Power: 17 jdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yossarian
But you're saying you would make the trade because of where they were drafted previously, which is completely irrevelent. They're just numbers.

You know who was also a third round pick? Maurice Clarett. Do you think that number holds any weight? Should it?
Ryan Leaf sucked. Ricky Williams is crazy. I know, but a lot goes into picking players in the draft. It's not a perfect science. Basing your decision on a couple of short NFL resumes is not a perfect science either.

You're saying Gado is great based on a partial season. He doesn't even have college experience really.

It's not like Morency has been bad or had a lot of opportunities.
jdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006   #163
TexansMVP
Probowler

The one thing that makes me favor this trade is b/c of Mike Sherman. The guy has been a respected head coach and I'm sure he must have some special insight on Gado since he was his coach last year. Either way, best of luck to Morency. Time to get a running game started.
TexansMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006   #164
CarrIsFine
Rookie

I hope it works out, but let's face it, the Texans are still trying to get a starting back out of guys that would be backups on most every other team.
CarrIsFine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006   #165
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansMVP
The one thing that makes me favor this trade is b/c of Mike Sherman. The guy has been a respected head coach and I'm sure he must have some special insight on Gado since he was his coach last year. Either way, best of luck to Morency. Time to get a running game started.
He has been knocked as a poor talent evaluator in the past by some of the Packer fans. Don't want to lower your mood...just relaying some thought on him.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006   #166
Tale Gator
________

Rep Power: 16 Tale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden cover

Houston we have a new starter!

I love Samkon -- I think he is going to be a better fit than Lundy.
Tale Gator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006   #167
Bullpen Drew
All Pro

Gado is the man!

BTW, Try the Bullpen Drew BBQ joint! Our motto...

"Nobody beats my meat!"
Bullpen Drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-13-2006   #168
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 428 Hulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Say what you want about this guy he can run the football..............

Although I wanted to see Vernond get more plays, I like Samkon Gado, good stuff.

Only if we had a 1st rd pick last year we could have drafted a Running Back. JK

Gado only in his second year as well, 5 games 585yds..........Not bad for a rookie.
Hulk75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006   #169
Titan "Tack" Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 44 Titan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respected

Wow this is making passing on Reggie Bush look even worse...

I feel for you guys. Hope it works out.
Old 09-13-2006   #170
blockhead83
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to blockhead83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan "Tack" Fan

Most of us are already over that, maybe you'll join us.
blockhead83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006   #171
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 14154 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tale Gator
Houston we have a new starter!

I love Samkon -- I think he is going to be a better fit than Lundy.
Is there any confirmation on whether or not he will be the starter? (I'm drafting today)
Old 09-13-2006   #172
Hutch13
List of demands

Rep Power: 13 Hutch13 was voted MVPHutch13 was voted MVPHutch13 was voted MVPHutch13 was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Hutch13

Gado!
Hutch13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006   #173
jdog
All Pro

Rep Power: 17 jdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden cover

Quote:

Yeah, it must be nice for you as a Tack fan. You know your team won't win this year, and if Vince plays it'll be a live practice situation with the Tacks down by four touchdowns.
jdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006   #174
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 89864 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansMVP
Maybe Kubiak felt he owed Sherman one.

Sherman supposedly wanted to keep S Wand but Kubiak cut him anyway.

I haven't noticed whether anyone has signed Wand.

This kind of musical chairs with our RBs will just fuel the espn rant on us bypassing Bush, justified or not.

Old 09-13-2006   #175
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 27214 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Um... I trust the coaches, i think.
Old 09-13-2006   #176
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 91895 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/9658483

This is a good blurb from NFL.com

Can you imagine being in the middle of an interview and then told you are being traded?

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006   #177
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulip
That's my biggest problem with this. I don't see how playing musical players is really helping the team prepare for one of the toughest games of the year.
You're right Tulip, but maybe we just need to accept the fact that its gonna
be nasty up at Indy this week, no matter what. Actuall, we may very well be
more disappointed about the season a week from today than right now.
But rejoice ! The worst part of the season is the first half, and the last half ain't easy, but its not as challenging as this end. And the team should be more comfortable with the new offense "and" the new defense by midseason.
For awhile though, it just ain't gonna be pretty.

Last edited by nunusguy; 09-13-2006 at 07:07 PM.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006   #178
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon420tx
Is there any confirmation on whether or not he will be the starter? (I'm drafting today)
Ooh... Maybe a mid-rounder.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006   #179
Capster67
Veteran

Quote:
Wow this is making passing on Reggie Bush look even worse....
People don't seem to understand it wasn't just Reggie Bush they passed on - it was his flashy east/west style they passed on. Kubiak's system is all about north/south runners. This scheme tends to work for teams like Pittsburgh and Denver (last year's AFC Championship contenders!!!). I'm still glad we by passed Bush (who has yet to tear up the league from day 1 the way all the media folks predicted).
What we are learning from the teams moves the last couple of weeks is that when you inherit a 2-14 team there's a lot of work to be done. I'm just glad the new regime is doing the work. It might not pay off the first two weeks of the season, but I am confident it will starting in weeks 3 and 4.
Capster67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006   #180
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 402769 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

This is an interesting move. I liked Morency, but I wasn't attached to him. He seemed like he had some upside, but he never really proved himself to be the starter. And I don't have enough info on Gado to really form an opinion at this point.

But props to Kubiak & Co. for making bold moves. You don't pull a 2-14 team out of the gutter without some major policy shifts and player turnover.

I agree with Herv, though. This staff is still fitting peices together and is more concerned with getting it right than having to win the next game at all costs. I'm sure they want to win, and plan accordingly, but I don't think they are freaking out when we lose to a team like Philly or Indy.

In Kubiak we trust! Go Gado!!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read