Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-13-2006   #141
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 70214 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Why didn't they do this trade earlier?

Did they both have to have badish games for it to be something that could happen?
Old 09-13-2006   #142
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Maybe they were not happy with the run game and are looking for a new spark. Hope it works, it will be needed against the Colts.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006   #143
TexansBull
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11356 TexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frills
I know this assumption is way out there, but I'm guessing Sherman knows what he can and can't do.

I trust Sherman more than I trust a crap offensive coordinator who could only beat the last coaching staff by 3 points
GB had fallen from the previous years playoff run to a dissapointing record that cost Sherman his job. But a lot of players were injured on that team. I hope that means the team could have been better w/o the injuries.

Sherman and Kubiak have inside info on GB and Denver so we should trust them two in the decisions to pick up or trade for players from those teams. If it doesnt pan out, they will join Capers and Casserly.
TexansBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006   #144
Divebomb
Veteran

You should really read that article I posted it is great, and it will give you insight as to why we picked the young man up. read what Flannagin says about him!
Divebomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006   #145
Rightnow
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divebomb
OMG it is true!!!!! LOL GB are suckers!!!!
I second that! WTH were they thinking giving up Gado? Maybe Gado insisted on being traded and wants to be a starter somewhere. If I was a GB fan I'd be ticked.

Gado is a very good RB who did just fine last year. In his last four games last year he averaged 5.0 yards per carry.

Suckers!
Old 09-13-2006   #146
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 88794 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapple
Quit comparing where Gado and Morency were drafted. That doesn't matter anymore.

Is Joey Harrington better than Tom Brady, because Harrington was the #3 overall pick and Brady was a second day pick? Of course not.

Gado has proven more in the league than Morency has. Go back and watch his game last year against Atlanta, where he absolutely destroyed. If Gado can't run the ball in Houston, it will be entirely because of our o-line talent and our run-bocking scheme. Because he can run.

Yeah, he fumbled the ball, but he was a rookie. Lots of rookie RBs fumble.

I like this trade a LOT.
I agree with your post, but I have a question to you or anyone else who can answer it.

People here frequently suggest that someone 'go back' and watch a certain game.
Is there a source of games that you can just go back and watch?
I am being a little sarcastic, but I actually hoping that you'll point me somewhere.
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006   #147
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 153429 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy
I think this guy played in a nationaly televised game last year. The name is
so unusual and I remember the fuss about him. He broke a real long run in that game ? The Pack was playing someone in their divison as I recall ?
Is this a statement that the Packers don't like Gado that much, or they really see something in Morency and are willing to part with value for a prospect ?
I thought Morency was very impressive in preseason, way superior to Lundy.
It could be that Morency wanted a trade and got it. He was pounding that trade drum in the pre-season.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-13-2006   #148
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

I like this move. It gives us a guy who has produced even if it was for 6 or so games last year. I wouldn't be surprised if Gado took Lundy's job sometime in the season. As for Morency, I've always liked him since his days in Oklahoma State and wish him the best.
Old 09-13-2006   #149
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 44942 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Anybody else see a problem with Lundy starting, Dayne coming off an injury and hasn't played within the last month, and Gado not knowing the system?

Will Gado even be activated for this game?

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006   #150
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro
We have the Colts on Sunday, that should be the only objective at the moment.
That's my biggest problem with this. I don't see how playing musical players is really helping the team prepare for one of the toughest games of the year.
Old 09-13-2006   #151
michaelm
vox nihili

Rep Power: 88794 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan279
Agreed. Also am I the only one who thinks Morency was our best back this preseason? (not directed at you jdog)
I thought Morency was our best back, and would like to have seen him start.

I still like this trade, though.
Old 09-13-2006   #152
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 243165 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm starting to get the feeling that the team isn't preparing for one of the toughest games of the year. At least not in the way that we would expect them to prepare. I almost feel like we're still in a preseason mode and still finding parts for this thing, test fitting players, and exploring options to trade with other teams.

I sincerely believe we're looking at a team that will start looking dangerous around the mid-point of the season and anything they do early by way of wins will simply be gravy.

Next years draft is going to be really interesting.
Old 09-13-2006   #153
Yossarian
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdog
There is a lot invested in the draft system. I know Gado has performed well. All I'm saying is if I were Green Bay I would make the trade too...especially since he's like their third back.
But you're saying you would make the trade because of where they were drafted previously, which is completely irrevelent. They're just numbers.

You know who was also a third round pick? Maurice Clarett. Do you think that number holds any weight? Should it?
Yossarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006   #154
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 153429 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED
Anybody else see a problem with Lundy starting, Dayne coming off an injury and hasn't played within the last month, and Gado not knowing the system?

Will Gado even be activated for this game?
I've noticed that we have lined up in that inverted full house backfield just like the Packers did under Sherman and I think he had a big part of how this offense was designed. I'd bet Gado knows this offense well enough for a back to play reasonably soon. I'm still not exactly sure what Kubiak sees in Lundy unless he wanted to turn the backfield over completely and he thinks he can be a nice back up for a few years. He kind of reminds me of a poor mans Gary Brown.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006   #155
RiotCommander
All Pro

Send a message via ICQ to RiotCommander Send a message via AIM to RiotCommander

I think Gado will be a great addition to our lineup. Sherman obviously knows what he can do. So at the very least in him we have a solid #2 back if not a #1. He isn't DD, but if the line can open those holes we could be looking great. I just hope he knows the system we could really use him in Indy.

I hope some Packers fans show up to back me up on this. I know A.Green is back for them so I doubt it effects them much.
Old 09-13-2006   #156
Snapple
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm
I agree with your post, but I have a question to you or anyone else who can answer it.

People here frequently suggest that someone 'go back' and watch a certain game.
Is there a source of games that you can just go back and watch?
I am being a little sarcastic, but I actually hoping that you'll point me somewhere.
I don't actually know anywhere to watch the game. I just remember watching the game. Atlanta was heavily favored, and Green Bay won largely because Gado carried them to victory. Over 100 yards and 2 TDs behind a bad o-line, and more importantly, he got the hard yards, short yardage and first downs and whatnot. Kept the drives alive.

He also had 171 yards against Detroit, and 111 yards against Philly. Remember Philly? That team whose run defense is supposedly so awesome that they were being used as the scapegoat for our bad rushing in week one. Just sayin'.

And he only got better as the season went on. Very impressive for an undrafted rookie who didn't have any reps with the first team until he was thrust into the game because of injuries. One of the feel-good stories of last year. So it's not just a good statistical pickup for us, maybe it's a good karma pickup too.
Snapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006   #157
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

Maybe Kubiak sees Gado as a Mike Anderson type back.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006   #158
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 21402 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx
Did the Texans practice today ? I wonder how it feels to be with you "teamates" one second, focusing on playing the Colts...and then the next second you're in the middle of cheese head country...
Yeah I know.

First, you are looking at this:

Then on to this:

I wish Morency the best up there, and the cold up there is brutal.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006   #159
michaelm
vox nihili

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan279
Old college 40 times mean nothing. Gado had 3 runs over 20 yards last season in 143 carries. Morency had 2 carries over 20 yards last season on 46 carries.

Funny, NFL.COM says morency had 1 run over 20yds in 46 carries. Not only that, but it's his career long.

Gado had 3 over 20 yds in 143 carries. His career long is 63.
Old 09-13-2006   #160
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52391 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

If Gado can produce the way he did on Monday night Football last year when Madden put him on the "Horse Trailer" then this is a great move.
Texian is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read