Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-13-2006   #101
Crazyhorse
Rookie

I'm not sure which will make a better back but one thing for sure is that it won't matter who is carrying the ball if there is no hole to run through.
We didn't use Salaam at all and we have Winston inactive so the chances of fresh legs are slim. I'm willing to give anyone a chance but in Winston you have an aggressive stud who is still the more experienced and a better schooled tackle than Spencer. I guess he didn't bring the teacher an apple??!!
Crazyhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006   #102
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

I think this guy played in a nationaly televised game last year. The name is
so unusual and I remember the fuss about him. He broke a real long run in that game ? The Pack was playing someone in their divison as I recall ?
Is this a statement that the Packers don't like Gado that much, or they really see something in Morency and are willing to part with value for a prospect ?
I thought Morency was very impressive in preseason, way superior to Lundy.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006   #103
JDizzle
I'm a dude

Rep Power: 6809 JDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respected

Wait, wait. Who gets Morency's number? Ordinarily I wouldn't care but #34 is kind of a big deal around here.
JDizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006   #104
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP

So they've turned the 2004 6th round pick into a 2005 undrafted free agent? Wow, that's awesome.

Kubiak needs to stop shopping and start coaching. The season has already started.
Old 09-13-2006   #105
jdog
All Pro

Rep Power: 16 jdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy
I think this guy played in a nationaly televised game last year. The name is
so unusual and I remember the fuss about him. He broke a real long run in that game ? The Pack was playing someone in their divison as I recall ?
Is this a statement that the Packers don't like Gado that much, or they really see something in Morency and are willing to part with value for a prospect ?
I thought Morency was very impressive in preseason, way superior to Lundy.
I think it's saying the Packers are willing to straight trade a ufa for a 3rd round rb.
jdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006   #106
Bearfan Blue and Orange
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCD
I'm not sure if everyone remembers the talk of Gado's role in GB when Green was injured...but he played incredibly well. If he continues that pace here, then (dare I say it) he has the potential to start. My only concern is that he was supposedly sent to us because he's having trouble picking up a zone blocking scheme...which is what we use.

I, as a Bear Fan, can second that!!! he is not only big, but fast also.
Bearfan Blue and Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006   #107
TexansBull
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14250 TexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Players stats

Morency's Last year stats:
http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpag.../gamelogs/2005

Gado's last year stats:

For an easier comparison.
TexansBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-13-2006   #108
Snapple
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frills
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MdarTD8Tp8

GB thought it was smart to hire the Offensive Coord. for the 49'ers as a head coach. Trying to make sense of that organization will drive a person crazy
I'm glad someone found that video. I almost forgot about that run.

Lest anyone forget, that happened in a real game, where is counts, not a preseason game. And that's against the same run defense that held Shaun Alexander to almost nothing this past weekend.
Snapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006   #109
E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles
Rookie

This is a pretty good trade for you guys. You get another young running back who has proven what he can do in the league. He played well last year in the absence of Ahman Green and Davenport. He basically carried the whole rushing load for the Packers on a bad team. Once you get your run blocking scheme down he may challenge Wali Lundy for the starting spot if Lundy keeps running like he did on Sunday.
E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006   #110
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansBull

Gado's last year stats:

Morency started one game, Gado started five games.
Old 09-13-2006   #111
Yossarian
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdog
I think it's saying the Packers are willing to straight trade a ufa for a 3rd round rb.
People on these boards seriously need to get over where these guys were drafted, because it's irrevelent. The only thing that matters is their talent and their potential. I'm personally very excited about this trade because I saw Gado play last year and he performed quite well, and I feel that he's proven more at this point.
Yossarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006   #112
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

" But Gado has struggled to adjust to the zone-blocking scheme being run by new Packers coach Mike McCarthy."
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2586476
ESPNs take is that the Gado has struggled in the ZB in GB. Guess the ESPN guy doesn't realize we also run the ZB, or he would find some irony in his own remark. Management probably has him working full time on Reggie Bush propaganda, so doesn't have time to learn about other backs in the league.
Nigerian guy gonna like this climate, and Morency (I think from Texas), gonna
have to invest in some long johns.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006   #113
jdog
All Pro

Rep Power: 16 jdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden cover

I'll guess I'll stop freaking out. I don't think it hurts us personnel wise. It just seems like a big change for the team so early. It seems like a bad message. This will be my first leap of faith for Coach Kubiak.

Go Texans!
jdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006   #114
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Gado's last year stats:

And if you want to look at stats, take a look at Gado's preseason stats...

27 carries for 65 yards for a 2.4 YPC average.
Old 09-13-2006   #115
Frills
Veteran

Last year GB's head coach was SF's Off Coord.

Pendry's offense outgained his by almost 500 yds.
Frills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006   #116
TommyS
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yossarian
People on these boards seriously need to get over where these guys were drafted, because it's irrevelent. The only thing that matters is their talent and their potential.
thank you.

Gado has power and speed. Morency might be more polished but he's not got that second gear that you need in a one-cut system.
see the hole, BANG, there goes Gado... just watch that youtube link...

i think both teams did ok here. but the packers fans seem more upset to lose gado than we seem to lose morency, FWIW.
TommyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006   #117
TexansBull
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14250 TexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan279
Morency started one game, Gado started five games.
Gado produced in those games, against decent teams. If he didnt fumble, he would look better.

Morency, not being his fault, only against that one team, but I remember them being in the running for Bush so they werent all that good.

Morency could be a good back, but Gado has a better resume.
TexansBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006   #118
texan279
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyS
thank you.

Gado has power and speed. Morency might be more polished but he's not got that second gear that you need in a one-cut system.
see the hole, BANG, there goes Gado... just watch that youtube link...

i think both teams did ok here. but the packers fans seem more upset to lose gado than we seem to lose morency, FWIW.
Morency does have that second gear. I don't get where some are getting Gado is faster than Morency.
Old 09-13-2006   #119
Divebomb
Veteran

Something I do not understand, why does the media feel they need to rip on the Texans with little stupid comments like adding the (ZONE BLOCKING COMMENT). O.K. (Gado struggles to pick up the Zone Blocking scheme) Now the media expects Texans fans to be stupid and freak out because they hear zone blocking scheme and Gado not picking it up well. HELLO!!!! "Sherman" Gado's coach last year, is our O-Line/assistant H.C. They used a zone blocking scheme in GB last year!!! Now everyone settle down. I am not a pro but I would probably guess that Gado will be fine with our style of zone blocking given his performance's last year in GB when sherman was maing the call's. Not everyone coaches the zone blocking the same.
Divebomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006   #120
texan279
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Gado produced in those games, against decent teams. If he didnt fumble, he would look better.

Morency, not being his fault, only against that one team, but I remember them being in the running for Bush so they werent all that good.

Morency could be a good back, but Gado has a better resume.
Only because Morency has never been given a real shot by this team under two regimes.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read