Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-13-2006   #81
afcman
Veteran

Default RB swap

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/9658483
afcman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006   #82
real

Merge
Old 09-13-2006   #83
jdog
All Pro

Rep Power: 16 jdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden cover

Is this because of Morency's performance against the Eagles because I don't think Gado or Tomlinson would have helped our running game last week.
jdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006   #84
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdog
Is this because of Morency's performance against the Eagles because I don't think Gado or Tomlinson would have helped our running game last week.
uh...yeah...he would have
Old 09-13-2006   #85
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

I like this trade. Gado is a much more proven runner than Morency.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006   #86
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Agreed. Also am I the only one who thinks Morency was our best back this preseason? (not directed at you jdog)
Old 09-13-2006   #87
Frills
Veteran

I liked Morency and was miffed when Lundy got the starting nod. Gado is an upgrade and will give us a breakaway threat.
Frills is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-13-2006   #88
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I think it was more of Morency's inability to adjust to the zone running style. I heard about it a few times this pre-season, about how he was dancing around instead of one cut and run.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006   #89
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 30855 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

I didn't know what to think when I raed the thread title...and I still don't. Time will tell, but I do like the fact that the team is not afraid to get rid of personnal they don't think will work.

Didn't Moeency have all of the off season and the preseason to prove that he could play for Kubes? Didn't he get bet out by a rook? Maybe we missed the signs?
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006   #90
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

That was quick...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vernand_Morency

Vernand Morency (born February 4, 1980 in Miami, Florida) is an American football running back currently playing for the Green Bay Packers of the NFL.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006   #91
jdog
All Pro

Rep Power: 16 jdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden cover

Okay, if he ran well with a not so good line then I feel better about it. I thought he looked good last year. Madden liked him if you like Madden.

It seems like this is a knee jerk reaction to our poor running game last week. I don't think any running back would have helped last week with the blocking and play calling we had against that Eagles defense.
Old 09-13-2006   #92
Divebomb
Veteran

Gado steps in as the fastest running back in Texans History LOL! He also steps in as probably the most intelligent Houston Texan in our history. One thing is for sure, we have a guy that will have no problem memorizing the play book!
Divebomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006   #93
dantem
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantem
The last couple of transactions look like we are trying to fix our KO return problem... Buc and Roc got hurt.. That leaves the backs to do the honors. Is it possible he could fill those shoes? Maybe Morencey can't field Kickoffs.
Sorry to quote myself but I wanted to add to this..

Morencey is our first string Kick return Guy and we are down to him and Edell Shepherd.
dantem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006   #94
Bearfan Blue and Orange
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick
Interesting.

Just saw that rumor myself.

Wow.

Weird time for a trade though.
Not a rumor
Samkon Gado - RB - Houston Texans - Sep 13 2006 4:57PM est - Top Rotoworld.com News
News: Texans acquired Samkon Gado for Vernand Morency.
Impact: The Texans have confirmed the deal. Former Packers coach Mike Sherman coaches Houston's offensive line and surely was a factor in Gado's acquisition. It's great news for Gado, who should be picked up if available in all leagues. He should have a better chance to get carries and vie for a bigger role in Houston. A RBBC figures to ensure no matter what though.
Bearfan Blue and Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006   #95
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario
I think it was more of Morency's inability to adjust to the zone running style. I heard about it a few times this pre-season, about how he was dancing around instead of one cut and run.
Ummm...Did you watch any of the preseason games?
Old 09-13-2006   #96
JDizzle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3602 JDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That was quick...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vernand_Morency

Vernand Morency (born February 4, 1980 in Miami, Florida) is an American football running back currently playing for the Green Bay Packers of the NFL.
Wow, that is fast. Wikipedia rules.
JDizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006   #97
real

Quote:
I don't think thats what it was...I don't think they saw him as a full time back...I don't think they thought he was the type of back you could give the ball to 20+ times, and with a rookie, and aging veteran in dayne we needed that middle of the road guy that we feel like we can depend on...I heard he is coming off of an injury...not sure how severe of an injury it was, but obviously the coaches feel like he's fully healed and ready to go...
Old 09-13-2006   #98
Divebomb
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackDizzle
Wow, that is fast. Wikipedia rules.
WOW Wikipedia is all over it!
Divebomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006   #99
jdog
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan279
Ummm...Did you watch any of the preseason games?
Yeah, I'm thinking of the Rams game maybe?
Old 09-13-2006   #100
texan279
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Yeah, I'm thinking of the Rams game maybe?
Yeah Morency had 11 carries for 95 yards that game and 2 TD runs.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read