Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-03-2006   #421
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Morency on MNF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
wtf? No kidding Einstein.....that really wasn't what I was talking about...this board is really kind of dysfunctional lately. I can't take it

LOL I was thinking the same thing, I am literally speechless...
Old 10-03-2006   #422
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 233667 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
wtf? No kidding Einstein.....that really wasn't what I was talking about...this board is really kind of dysfunctional lately. All this topic shifting stuff is just goofy.

cool your jets hotrod......... I was being sarcastic..... that was the kind of crap I always got when I'd point to DD's ability to produce behind a line DavidCarr couldn't.
thunderkyss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006   #423
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

so what does that have to do with the Packers losing their quality linemen and having to go with lesser players?

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006   #424
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 233667 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan279 View Post
LOL I was thinking the same thing, I am literally speechless...
& what do you mean?? this falls right in line to what you've been saying. You are one of the guys who has been "schooling" me on the difference between run blocking & pass blocking.

You're going on about how Vernand had one good day in Greenbay, against a team he couldn't stay on his feet against here in Houston.

Someone says they have a better OLine, Vinny says they have a crap Oline, I use your runblocking line,

& I'm changing the subject?? WTF is right.
Old 10-03-2006   #425
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
Um, Morency played the exact same D, and did much worse with us. Clearly he has either
A) received better coaching
B) responded to the trade he didn't like
C) GB has a better OL

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleRedToro View Post
I think we all know the answer is C.

Quote:
Green Bay has a crap O line....one of the many reasons they are struggling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Pass blocking & run blocking are two totally different things.

Quote:
wtf? No kidding Einstein.....that really wasn't what I was talking about...this board is really kind of dysfunctional lately. All this topic shifting stuff is just goofy.

Quote:
so what does that have to do with the Packers losing their quality linemen and having to go with lesser players?
When did we start talking about the Packers attrition?? this whole thread is about Morency & Gado...... most recently about the production Morency was able to get in GreenBay vs his production here against the same team only three weeks apart.
Old 10-03-2006   #426
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
& what do you mean?? this falls right in line to what you've been saying. You are one of the guys who has been "schooling" me on the difference between run blocking & pass blocking.

You're going on about how Vernand had one good day in Greenbay, against a team he couldn't stay on his feet against here in Houston.

Someone says they have a better OLine, Vinny says they have a crap Oline, I use your runblocking line,

& I'm changing the subject?? WTF is right.
Chill. I haven't tried to school anyone on anything. For whatever reason Morency had a decent game against Philly behind a worse offensive line in Green Bay than ours. He only had 5 carries against Philly with us. People who make sarcastic remarks should use the sarcasm smiley, it's hard to detect sarcasm from a general statement on a messageboard.
Old 10-03-2006   #427
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
When did we start talking about the Packers attrition?? this whole thread is about Morency & Gado...... most recently about the production Morency was able to get in GreenBay vs his production here against the same team only three weeks apart.
Morency and his production has something to do with his blocking. Just like any other back. Please....just pretend I didn't start talking to you....I can't take exchanging posts with you sometimes. I have to check myself...I get too frustrated.

Sponsored links
Old 10-03-2006   #428
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 73433 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

To be honest, I dont know how Morency didnt stay on this team. I know he wanted another pounder to go with his "smallish" backs.

Maybe he is looking into next year with a healthy DomDavis. That would give him...

Domanick Davis
Wali Lundy
Ron Dayne
Samkon Gado
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006   #429
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle

I said it then, and I WILL SAY IT NOW!

HORRIBLE TRADE! We now have 3 Running backs that are basically the same and you TRADE AWAY YOUR GUY WITH THE BURST OF SPEED?

BTW I was at the Redskins game, Gado is FREAKING fat (looked like me in pads and that is not good).
Goldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006   #430
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
To be honest, I dont know how Morency didnt stay on this team. I know he wanted another pounder to go with his "smallish" backs.

Maybe he is looking into next year with a healthy DomDavis. That would give him...

Domanick Davis
Wali Lundy
Ron Dayne
Samkon Gado
no team can rely on a "healthy Dom Davis"....he has never been healthy and he has gotten worse each year. I'd be SHOCKED if we didn't address the RB in FA or the draft.

Old 10-03-2006   #431
LORK 88
Wreck'em Ŧech!

Rep Power: 202 LORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to LORK 88

Quote:
no team can rely on a "healthy Dom Davis"....he has never been healthy and he has gotten worse each year. I'd be SHOCKED if we didn't address the RB in FA or the draft.
Michael "the burner" Turner is a FA this year . . .
Old 10-03-2006   #432
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 330323 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LORK 88 View Post
He will be an RFA and they will likely tender him at the high level which carries a 1st and 3rd compensation. Something less might be worked out but it won't be cheap.
Old 10-03-2006   #433
texan279
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Well we signed Dayne and traded for Gado, I am scared to see who is next. I'd like to see Chris Taylor get a chance. I can't figure out why we are only carrying 2 active RB's on the roster right now.
Old 10-03-2006   #434
LORK 88
Wreck'em Ŧech!

Rep Power: 202 LORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to LORK 88

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
He will be an RFA and they will likely tender him at the high level which carries a 1st and 3rd compensation. Something less might be worked out but it won't be cheap.
Nevermind the idea then, thats too costly. I just want someone other than Ron Dayne, it kills me seeing him just run straight into the pile lunging forward. Gado is a hardworker and looks real good in pass pro, just needs time. I say we draft someone day 1 if we cant get Turner or theres no better option at RB. Possibly Ahman Green? Just throwing ideas out there . . .
Old 10-03-2006   #435
wags
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23 wags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan279 View Post
I can't figure out why we are only carrying 2 active RB's on the roster right now.
Our #3 guy is collecting his welfare check and the line is wicked long. He should be through the line by week 7.
Old 10-03-2006   #436
texan279
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Nevermind the idea then, thats too costly. I just want someone other than Ron Dayne, it kills me seeing him just run straight into the pile lunging forward. Gado is a hardworker and looks real good in pass pro, just needs time. I say we draft someone day 1 if we cant get Turner or theres no better option at RB. Possibly Ahman Green? Just throwing ideas out there . . .
Yeah RB and DB should be our top priority right now and in the near future. I'm not getting my hopes up on Davis returning and even if he does, he won't be able to carry the load.
Old 10-04-2006   #437
Frills
Veteran

Davis is done. Won't play till knee feels better, knee won't ever feel like it used to, refuses to have it worked on again.

GB cut a 1st round DB today. We'll be better when Faggins gets back, but I'm more concerned about Brown than the CB's
Frills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006   #438
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67005 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Trade: Samkon Gado for Vernand Morency

Quote:
If Morency blows up in GB I'm gonna be ill.
100 yards last week.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006   #439
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10704 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'll hate it if I'm right, but I think DD is gone from the NFL next season

Early traft or expensive FA pickup... or our other current RB's might pick it up and deliver the goods.
Old 10-05-2006   #440
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleRedToro View Post
Yes, but it is still better than the Texans's O line. That is why I said C. I wasn't indicating that Green Bay has a "good" O line, only that it is better than Houston's.
Thats arguable...They have two rookies starting at gaurd...and a second year center I believe...1st year starting for all three...

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read