Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-14-2006   #301
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 406301 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

What would Dom do? He wouldn't have made this move! So we should do the exact opposite, which is what Kubiak did.

Besides, Morency was a player from the previous regime's decisions. So many of those player have been moved that I've lost count. It's obvious that either they don't fit Kubiak's systems, or they weren't that good to begin with.

I look at this decision as a positive, and really look forward to seeing Gado in action. Good luck to both players.
Old 09-14-2006   #302
phan1
All Pro

Just to ask, We don't know who is going to start, Gabo or Lundy. Correct? It's a fantasy football question.
phan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006   #303
LBC_Justin
All Pro

Rep Power: 12 LBC_Justin is a Pro BowlerLBC_Justin is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan279
Man you sure know a lot about him, but his name is Gado, not Gato...
lol sorry about the spelling. Yes, I actually know how to spell his name, but I also know how to type really really fast and sometimes by the time it goes from the mind to the fingers it turns into a different more familar word.

I watched every snap he took last year. How many people here can say that?
(Thanks to Tivo and DirectTV NFL Sunday Ticket w/ NFL Superfan/ NFL shortcuts, I almost saw every snap for all 32 teams last year. My girlfriend calls it addiction.)
LBC_Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006   #304
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 107589 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by phan1
Just to ask, We don't know who is going to start, Gabo or Lundy. Correct? It's a fantasy football question.
Gado shouldn't start this week. Lundy or Dayne.

Don't be surprised if it's Dayne.
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006   #305
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13829 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBC_Justin
lol sorry about the spelling. Yes, I actually know how to spell his name, but I also know how to type really really fast and sometimes by the time it goes from the mind to the fingers it turns into a different more familar word.

I watched every snap he took last year. How many people here can say that?
(Thanks to Tivo and DirectTV NFL Sunday Ticket w/ NFL Superfan/ NFL shortcuts, I almost saw every snap for all 32 teams last year. My girlfriend calls it addiction.)
Yeah I wasn't dogging you man, I saw 7 of the 8 games he started so I guess I cant say I saw every snap.
Old 09-14-2006   #306
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13222 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
It could be that Morency wanted a trade and got it. He was pounding that trade drum in the pre-season.
Good point, I missed that one. May have been a morale thing too, but I have no idea, all I can do is speculate
Old 09-14-2006   #307
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I read somewhere that Dayne is supposed to play a lot next Sunday. Don't know if that necessarilly means starting.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-14-2006   #308
LBC_Justin
All Pro

Rep Power: 12 LBC_Justin is a Pro BowlerLBC_Justin is a Pro Bowler

Hmmm...

Just got of the Jags board. They seem to think we robbed the packers and are wandering the the heck the packers are thinking.

link

Let's all hope it plays out that way.
LBC_Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006   #309
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13222 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick

I leave you, with this special link, that expresses this conundrum....

in song: Frightening video, you've been warned!!!!

BWAHAHAHAHAHA.
Hey TC, what's wrong with the Ant?
Old 09-14-2006   #310
Malloy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpshafer_1976
They've been single-handedly responsible for a steep decrease in forestry and octopus over the past week or so.
Hehe, funny
Old 09-14-2006   #311
Malloy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBC_Justin
My girlfriend calls it addiction.)
I would call it "need a job"
Old 09-14-2006   #312
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

WHO NEEDS REGGIE BUSH WE JUST TRADED FOR SAMKON GADO

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006   #313
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 173004 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm
What do you mean by flat out signed? He wasn't a free agent, and he wasn't on the Packers practice squad? Not as far as I can find...

That means a trade was the only way to get him, right?
Here you go:

Packers release RB Davenport in final round of cuts
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?...nfl&id=2570806

Steelers sign RB Davenport to one-year contract
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2579598

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006   #314
JDizzle
I'm a dude

Rep Power: 7477 JDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heywood
deleted race baiting
LOL, somehow this comment doesn't surprise me.
JDizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006   #315
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 91895 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm
Gado shouldn't start this week. Lundy or Dayne.

Don't be surprised if it's Dayne.
First I draft Morency b/c I thought he would start

Then I have to trade Moulds to get Lundy

Dayne is already taken.

Deangelo is my reserve.

I'm screwed.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006   #316
TexansAllTheWayBaby
Veteran

Rep Power: 12 TexansAllTheWayBaby is a Pro BowlerTexansAllTheWayBaby is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via AIM to TexansAllTheWayBaby
Arrow My Thoughts of the Samkon Gado Trade

Okay, our Houston Texans gave up RB Vernand Morency for Packers RB Samkon Gado Wednesday. I think this was in effort to obviously improve our running game, and this trade just adds more depth to our team.

Samkon Gado gained 582 yards on 143 carries during the games he played for the Green Bay Packers last season, averaging over 4 yards per carry. This guy obviously has a tremendous amount of talent, and also fits our system very well, which includes being a good-downhill runner.

In terms of letting Vernand Morecy go, I wish him the best of luck in the future. I thought he had a good pre-season with us this season, got a few touches vs. Philadelphia last week, and he did everything that we asked of him.

Overall, I feel this was a good trade for both teams and hopefully this will improve our backfield status, as it should.

On a side note, my ''Preview of the Indianapolis Colts'' will be posted later today (Thursday), so please watch for that.
Old 09-14-2006   #317
Texans34Life
I BLEED TEXANS!

Rep Power: 1365 Texans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respected

I like the Gado for Morency trade. But they should of went for someone who can help out the depleted secondary.

HoustonTexans4Life - 2010-2011 CHAMPION of TexansTalk Survivor and TexansTalk Pick'em
Texans34Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006   #318
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 74340 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Why create a whole new thread though? There is alrady a good debate in the official thread...
Old 09-14-2006   #319
AtheGreat
Veteran

my face lit up this morning when i opened the sports section of the Chron. this morning. I had no idea we pulled this off, we got a good deal. Now we have the speedster, the brusier, and the all purpose man. Think this would have taken 3 season for DC to pull off. Now if only we could get that C.C. Brown for Ed Reed trade.....
AtheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006   #320
Sportsfan
All Pro

************deleted*****************
Sportsfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read