Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-13-2006   #261
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpshafer_1976
Sorry if I poked too much fun at your comment. I'm a little punch-drunk from the daily running back drama that I (and everyone else) had thought was going to be pretty firmed up by this point. Guess not.

This o line is not a bad one.
No apology necessary....I think most of us are punch-drunk around here lately.

The line's good. They just need some time to gel.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006   #262
12Gage
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCD
I sense the trolls coming this way.

Wait for it...Wait for it....
what?
12Gage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006   #263
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansBull
This guy has a plan.

What did yall expect to happen? All the players Dumb and Dumber drafted were going to be kept? Look at all the dumb decisions that have been made by them by drafting players to high. (Please no references to Carr or Williams. That is a separate thread) The Texans of the past is going to be drastically different than the Texans of the future.

Kubiak is putting what his players should be in this team. Likewise in GB. Players we like will be traded and cut. Players that fit the description that we dont care for will be put in. Its a management thing. Its what happens. I wish we could hang a large banner saying "Under new management" on Reliant.

There is a plan. George Bush would call it "Strategery"<<<SNL reference.
I tend to agree here. Casserly's biggest mistake was hiring Capers. He had no track record of success as a head coach save for a fluke playoff run.

It was even bigger mistake letting that doofus tell him what personnel to bring in through the draft and free agency.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006   #264
MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battle Red Bull
No apology necessary....I think most of us are punch-drunk around here lately.

The line's good. They just need some time to gel.

That they do, failing to pick up 3 defenders, on the left side of the line, is unacceptable....thank-god David Carr is one heck of a durable QB, if that was Chad Pennington he would of been out for the season.....
Old 09-13-2006   #265
AlbinoRat
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to AlbinoRat

or two he reminds me of Jack on will and grace
Old 09-13-2006   #266
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4561 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulip
Did anything about the pre-season running game re-appear on game day? The blocking was horrific, and neither running back could do anything.
Thank you. A voice of reason.
Old 09-13-2006   #267
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4561 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid
honestly im not at all worried by anything this staff has done so far. Im not regretting passing on Bush.. im not worried that we are shopping for RBs.

Everything... from trading Morency for Gado... to starting Spencer and Weary..to cutting Wand and Robaire.. to not blitzing until we get pressure from our front 4... all of this tells me that Kubiak and company HAS A PLAN. They are trying to create a system that they know will work.

I like this move because I dont think Kubiak would have done it if he felt Morency would succeed here. He apparently sees potential in Gado and decided that he would rather take a chance with him, than settle for what he knows Morency offers. Meaning.. he could make due with Morency, or take a chance on getting someone who could be a big contributor. He took the chance, and I can agree with that.

Lets not make this a bigger deal than it is. We liked Morency for his POTENTIAL.. not what he ACTUALLY brought to the table. We traded him for someone with lots of potential as well. We have lost nothing here.. and since Kube wanted Gado.. id say its more likely that we have gained.
Morency was never allowed to SHOW what he could bring to the table, by either regime, except for in pre-season. I just had a feeling Morency would earn the starting spot at some time early in the season and he's traded after one game where neither back had success. Makes no sense to me.
Old 09-13-2006   #268
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan279
Morency was never allowed to SHOW what he could bring to the table, by either regime, except for in pre-season. I just had a feeling Morency would earn the starting spot at some time early in the season and he's traded after one game where neither back had success. Makes no sense to me.
I guess the coaches didn't think he was an everydown back. I do think Gado is a better running back than Morency, but that's because Gado has been given a chance to show himself and he proved himself well. Maybe the Texans thought he was too small or not durable enough. Either way, I'm happy with the deal.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006   #269
texan279
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02
I still don't get it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why is there so much love for Vernand Morency? For whatever reason, this ENTIRE board seems infatuated with this guy, and I can't tell if its a bandwagon reaction or what. Here's what we know about him:
nothing!

He played decent last year, averaging 4 ypc which is fine.

In the preseason, he WAS ALSO AVERAGE!!! Why does everyone think he had such a good preseason?

He NEVER NEVER NEVER started a single game. That means he was ALWAYS going up against 2nd string or worse defenses. Doesn't that mean anything? Lundy went up against 1st stringers and had the same stats that Morency did. If preseason is so indicitave, why don't people realize this?

Almost ALL of Lundy's great 5.5ypc stats is ERASED if you take out his 1 big run for 40+ yards. His ypc drops to a VERY average level, especially for someone going against 2nd string defenses.

I don't know if this was a good trade or not. VM looked elusive, and I like that. But Gado has the potential to be a great runner, and has showed in the regular season he can handle 25+ carries a game.
For one thing, he was the only back we had at all this pre season who seemed to have a clue about blocking. And what is with all the love for Gado on the board? Does anyone know anything about him except for the long run he made against a sorry Detroit defense on a Sunday night game last season? Someone even posted it on here earlier in the thread.
Old 09-13-2006   #270
texan279
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam
I guess the coaches didn't think he was an everydown back. I do think Gado is a better running back than Morency, but that's because Gado has been given a chance to show himself and he proved himself well. Maybe the Texans thought he was too small or not durable enough. Either way, I'm happy with the deal.
Well if the Texans really did feel that way about Morency, Davis should not be hanging around on IR...
Old 09-13-2006   #271
LBC_Justin
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 LBC_Justin is a Pro BowlerLBC_Justin is a Pro Bowler

What where the Texans thinking? Morency was a "once in a decade" type player.

lol.

When I first heard the news....I smiled. I like Morency and wish him the best, but in Samkon Gato, I see a young guy, that is explosive, who has the right attitude, and does not have a lot of mileage on his tires. He could be just perfect for our system. Plus, we have guys on our staff that have gotten a really good look at both guys (not just game film) and they wanted him.

plus he has that big "Coming to America" smile.
LBC_Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006   #272
texan279
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBC_Justin
What where the Texans thinking? Morency was a "once in a decade" type player.

lol.

When I first heard the news....I smiled. I like Morency and wish him the best, but in Samkon Gato, I see a young guy, that is explosive, who has the right attitude, and does not have a lot of mileage on his tires. He could be just perfect for our system. Plus, we have guys on our staff that have gotten a really good look at both guys (not just game film) and they wanted him.

plus he has that big "Coming to America" smile.
Man you sure know a lot about him, but his name is Gado, not Gato...
Old 09-13-2006   #273
dirty steve
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 dirty steve was voted MVPdirty steve was voted MVPdirty steve was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to dirty steve

ok noah webster. you probably couldnt spell his name before about 3 pm CST either.
Old 09-13-2006   #274
texan279
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty steve
ok noah webster. you probably couldnt spell his name before about 3 pm CST either.
Actually I could, I watched him in several games last year and knew about him last year, thanks for playing though.
Old 09-13-2006   #275
thunderkyss 
&amp; so it begins

Rep Power: 264941 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpshafer_1976
I was almost certain that the Chiefs preseason game was ZB and the Rams game was either Man or a mix of ZB and man.

That's what I said. Since Denver, we haven't run much Zone blocking.

KC, ZoneBlocking

StL... ZoneBlocking/ManBlocking

Denver....... ManBlocking

TampaBay..... ManBlocking...... a little ZoneBlocking

Denver... ManBlocking...... a little ZoneBlocking
Old 09-13-2006   #276
dirty steve
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 dirty steve was voted MVPdirty steve was voted MVPdirty steve was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to dirty steve

just seems a pretty petty thing to point out--you trying out for junior moderator in charge of gramatical correctness?
Old 09-13-2006   #277
texan279
Hall of Fame

Quote:
just seems a pretty petty thing to point out--you trying out for junior moderator in charge of gramatical correctness?
The point was he claimed to know so much about the guy as a player and couldn't even spell his name right, if you want to get personal do it in a PM instead of trying to call me out in an open thread.
Old 09-13-2006   #278
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

I dunno what else to say.. id just be repeating myself.

We traded a second string RB for a second string RB that we liked more. Morency didnt just have one regular season game.. he had 2 years.. or if you prefer, he had a full offseason, 4 preseason games, and 1 regular season game, with Kubiak. That is enough time to show that you are too valuable to be traded. Morency didnt do it. He HAS been evaluated.. Kubiak isnt flying off the seat of his pants.

Dunno what else to say. I dont think anything is gonna convince some people to just chill and see what happens. There is a time to cry foul.. and a time to be patient. Kubiak is in his first season as our head coach..now is the time to be patient and see what he is going to do.

If you think we dismissed Morency too quickly.. then you must really be disgusted with yourself... you have dismissed Gado before he has even donned a Texans uniform.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006   #279
TexansBull
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14250 TexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
is there a position open

TexansBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006   #280
TexansBull
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14250 TexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid
I dunno what else to say.. id just be repeating myself.

We traded a second string RB for a second string RB that we liked more. Morency didnt just have one regular season game.. he had 2 years.. or if you prefer, he had a full offseason, 4 preseason games, and 1 regular season game, with Kubiak. That is enough time to show that you are too valuable to be traded. Morency didnt do it. He HAS been evaluated.. Kubiak isnt flying off the seat of his pants.

Dunno what else to say. I dont think anything is gonna convince some people to just chill and see what happens. There is a time to cry foul.. and a time to be patient. Kubiak is in his first season as our head coach..now is the time to be patient and see what he is going to do.

If you think we dismissed Morency too quickly.. then you must really be disgusted with yourself... you have dismissed Gado before he has even donned a Texans uniform.
wow. well said. people tend not to keep an open mind about things, hence the problem.
TexansBull is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read