Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-13-2006   #241
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCROD
So let me get this straight, we trade for a guy who was the backup to the guy (Davenport) we could have signed flat out (instead on Ron Dayne)? As much as I like Gado, this move reeks of the sky is falling syndrome.

Changes in week 1.5? We just settled on the roster 2 weeks ago. I'm all for fixing something, but we have to see if its broken first.
Pittsburgh and Miami had an advantage in signing Najeh Davenport because if Davenport was signed before a team's week 1 game, his contract would have been guaranteed. Since the Steelers and Dolphins played their game early, they could sign Davenport to an unguaranteed contract before everyone else played their game. I actually expected Davenport here since he was in Sherman's system in GB.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006   #242
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

boy ive heard these arguments before.

Definition of Insanity huh?

Ignorance: The condition of being uneducated, unaware, or uninformed
example: Saying, with conviction, that a player or coach sucks after one game

Incompetent: not qualified or suited for a purpose
example: You passing judgement on Kubiak and the Morency trade at this juncture.

Windbag: A talkative person who communicates nothing of substance or interest.
Example: The people who say they want change, and they want a good team, but then complain when change happens.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006   #243
Texans86
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid
boy ive heard these arguments before.

Definition of Insanity huh?

Ignorance: The condition of being uneducated, unaware, or uninformed
example: Saying, with conviction, that a player or coach sucks after one game

Incompetent: not qualified or suited for a purpose
example: You passing judgement on Kubiak and the Morency trade at this juncture.

Windbag: A talkative person who communicates nothing of substance or interest.
Example: The people who say they want change, and they want a good team, but then complain when change happens.
I knew I liked you Grid. Excellent post
Old 09-13-2006   #244
K.D.
Veteran

I'm not all that surprised by this move. I liked VM, but what he gave us Lundy can give us also.I saw Gado play a couple of times and really impressed me with his speed and toughness. The game on Sunday showed us that we need a back that can break thru an arm tackle. Gado has explosiveness and can take the ball the distance without the shake and bake. Once he gets acclimated to our system, believe it or not he's going to take alot of Dayne's PT.
K.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006   #245
MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.D.
I'm not all that surprised by this move. I liked VM, but what he gave us Lundy can give us also.I saw Gado play a couple of times and really impressed me with his speed and toughness. The game on Sunday showed us that we need a back that can break thru an arm tackle. Gado has explosiveness and can take the ball the distance without the shake and bake. Once he gets acclimated to our system, believe it or not he's going to take alot of Dayne's PT.

Nice Post......I can't wait to see Ron play on Sunday......I knew we would get our Heisman Trophy winner.....nice to have him here.......
Old 09-13-2006   #246
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 70215 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.D.
Nice picture of this on the Fanhouse post I did on the trade.
Old 09-13-2006   #247
MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick
Nice picture of this on the Fanhouse post I did on the trade.

Very Nice Texans Chick..........
Old 09-13-2006   #248
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by srstex
I find it odd that the Packers said that Gabo could not pick up the Zone Blocking scheme, isn't that what we are running too? I have said since we got Kubiak that this is a fresh start and that we could actually be 8-8 this season, but I agree with everyone else here, Gary is grasping at straws to deflect the Accountabilty he stands so strongly behind.
Do as I say not as I do should be Kubiaks new saying.
Let's face it you can't talk yourself out of a problem you performed yourself into.
I've got to go back and check, but I think our successful runs were not ZB, but Man blocking..... I don't think Kubiak is comfortable with us running the ZBS, and hasn't been since the Denver preseason game.

To me, it looks like we'll be running a ManBlocking scheme....
Old 09-13-2006   #249
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 58645 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

I still don't get it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why is there so much love for Vernand Morency? For whatever reason, this ENTIRE board seems infatuated with this guy, and I can't tell if its a bandwagon reaction or what. Here's what we know about him:
nothing!

He played decent last year, averaging 4 ypc which is fine.

In the preseason, he WAS ALSO AVERAGE!!! Why does everyone think he had such a good preseason?

He NEVER NEVER NEVER started a single game. That means he was ALWAYS going up against 2nd string or worse defenses. Doesn't that mean anything? Lundy went up against 1st stringers and had the same stats that Morency did. If preseason is so indicitave, why don't people realize this?

Almost ALL of Lundy's great 5.5ypc stats is ERASED if you take out his 1 big run for 40+ yards. His ypc drops to a VERY average level, especially for someone going against 2nd string defenses.

I don't know if this was a good trade or not. VM looked elusive, and I like that. But Gado has the potential to be a great runner, and has showed in the regular season he can handle 25+ carries a game.
Old 09-13-2006   #250
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 58645 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

I meant "Almost ALL of MORENCY's" not Lundy's
Old 09-13-2006   #251
gwallaia

Rep Power: 68496 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Gado?

Is that guy-doh?

or Gah-doe?

I was'nt even sure how Morency was pronounced.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006   #252
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

610's been saying Gad-do.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006   #253
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by srstex
I find it odd that the Packers said that Gabo could not pick up the Zone Blocking scheme, isn't that what we are running too? I have said since we got Kubiak that this is a fresh start and that we could actually be 8-8 this season, but I agree with everyone else here, Gary is grasping at straws to deflect the Accountabilty he stands so strongly behind.
Do as I say not as I do should be Kubiaks new saying.
Let's face it you can't talk yourself out of a problem you performed yourself into.
Well said. Well said.

He's listening to Mike Sherman way too much or something.

I mean, is that NOT the case? I trust Sherman's coaching abilities, but I am not trusting his vision for personnel. Manning the LB was signed and promptly cut. And now we have Gado. We used some of GB's blocking scheme in the preseason and I wasn't nearly as impressed as I had been with Gary's true zone blocking scheme.

This trade is not even. They get a healthier guy than we get. That was a nasty knee injury Gado suffered. The only reason this trade is so "even" is because of Gado's durability issues.

BUT, I may stand corrected if Gado comes out and runs wild on Indy. If so, then it'll be the last time I second-guess Kubiak.

And for the record, this IS the first time I am second-guessing the guy. WHo can blame any of us for being "concerned?" We went all through TC with Lundy and Morency touted as the two guys sharing the carries...we go out and get Dayne who doesn't even dress out for Sunday. We cut Taylor, sign him to PS, then sign him to active roster, then cut him, then sign him to PS. And now Morency is traded to GB.

Talk about a lot of paperwork for the Texans FO. They've been single-handedly responsible for a steep decrease in forestry and octopus over the past week or so.
Old 09-13-2006   #254
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss
I've got to go back and check, but I think our successful runs were not ZB, but Man blocking..... I don't think Kubiak is comfortable with us running the ZBS, and hasn't been since the Denver preseason game.

To me, it looks like we'll be running a ManBlocking scheme....
I was almost certain that the Chiefs preseason game was ZB and the Rams game was either Man or a mix of ZB and man.

It "felt" like a Denver offense vs. the Chiefs, with the sliding run blocking and the bootlegs. and it didn't have that same feel for the remainder of the preseason games. And it was said by a coach or two (at the Rams game and then on forward) that we would also be trying some of Sherman's Green Bay man blocking stuff, as well, and not just ZB.

I don't know why we are not patterning our strategy more after the Chiefs preseason game. Unless...the Chiefs are the worst team in the NFL and they make anything look good. Which, could be the case. If so, I think I'll just re-watch the Chiefs preseason game against us every weekend and not the real game that's on. Then we'll be 16-0 as far as I am concerned.
Old 09-13-2006   #255
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Call me crazy, but I'm feeling better now about the RB situation now than I was a week ago.

Gado and Dayne both had good showings last year. They just weren't gonna get anywhere on the depth chart where they were.
Old 09-13-2006   #256
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battle Red Bull
610's been saying Gad-do.
I believe that's it, but I didn't know that Wali Lundy's name was prounounced Wal-ee until the first game against the Chiefs.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006   #257
GP 
Go Texans!

Quote:
Call me crazy, but I'm feeling better now about the RB situation now than I was a week ago.

Gado and Dayne both had good showings last year. They just weren't gonna get anywhere on the depth chart where they were.
Oh, so they have the ability to get past defenders who beat the snap into the backfield?

Wow. No wonder Denver and GB were so eager to either cut or trade those guys. I just thought they were as expendable as Morency. My bad.
Old 09-13-2006   #258
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpshafer_1976
Oh, so they have the ability to get past defenders who beat the snap into the backfield?

Wow. No wonder Denver and GB were so eager to either cut or trade those guys. I just thought they were as expendable as Morency. My bad.
The OL situation is a whole different situation....I feel worse about that than I did a week ago. But who doesn't?
Old 09-13-2006   #259
GP 
Go Texans!

Quote:
The OL situation is a whole different situation....I feel worse about that than I did a week ago. But who doesn't?
Sorry if I poked too much fun at your comment. I'm a little punch-drunk from the daily running back drama that I (and everyone else) had thought was going to be pretty firmed up by this point. Guess not.

This o line is not a bad one. I honestly think the Eagles are the best they have ever been, or we are the worst we've ever been. I tend to think the Eagles will return to their spot atop the NFC. A healthy McNabb, a slew of threats in Reggie Brown, Stallworth, LJ the TE, Westbrook, and McNabb himself are hard to stop--Along the same lines as the threats on the Colts.

I just think Kubiak is pulling the plug on the RBs too quickly. It was a bad opening day opponent for us. Period. Of course, the NFL did NO favors to us by making us go to Indy for our second game. Thanks a lot, you buttheads.
Old 09-13-2006   #260
TexansBull
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14250 TexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respected

This guy has a plan.

What did yall expect to happen? All the players Dumb and Dumber drafted were going to be kept? Look at all the dumb decisions that have been made by them by drafting players to high. (Please no references to Carr or Williams. That is a separate thread) The Texans of the past is going to be drastically different than the Texans of the future.

Kubiak is putting what his players should be in this team. Likewise in GB. Players we like will be traded and cut. Players that fit the description that we dont care for will be put in. Its a management thing. Its what happens. I wish we could hang a large banner saying "Under new management" on Reliant.

There is a plan. George Bush would call it "Strategery"<<<SNL reference.
TexansBull is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read