Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-13-2006   #221
srstex
Veteran

I find it odd that the Packers said that Gabo could not pick up the Zone Blocking scheme, isn't that what we are running too? I have said since we got Kubiak that this is a fresh start and that we could actually be 8-8 this season, but I agree with everyone else here, Gary is grasping at straws to deflect the Accountabilty he stands so strongly behind.
Do as I say not as I do should be Kubiaks new saying.
Let's face it you can't talk yourself out of a problem you performed yourself into.
Old 09-13-2006   #222
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

when you spend an entire offseason with a player.. coaching, playing, and evaluating them.. then you can sit and tell them whether or not they are cutting him too soon.

as a person who has seen just as much of Morency as you have, I would say that he hasnt shown ME anything that makes me think he is indespensible.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006   #223
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 152103 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

I dont think anyone is saying he is indespensible, but if he wasnt worth being on roster they why didnt we make this move before and give the new guy time to run with us durning TC? We always talk about seeing what our guys have to offer, but in this case we get rid of guy who we only have limited game film on. Not mad or anything, just find the move very strange and coming out of left field.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006   #224
MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCROD
So let me get this straight, we trade for a guy who was the backup to the guy (Davenport) we could have signed flat out (instead on Ron Dayne)? As much as I like Gado, this move reeks of the sky is falling syndrome.

Changes in week 1.5? We just settled on the roster 2 weeks ago. I'm all for fixing something, but we have to see if its broken first.

Highly agree with you LCROD,.........So I guess we should get rid of Mario, since he did not produce much.....
Old 09-13-2006   #225
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

are ya that afraid of change? We have been wanting someone to come in here and actually MAKE CHANGES.. and make people accountable.. and do what needed to be done to make this a good team.. now, 1 week into the season, yall are gonna throw a hissy cause they made a "big" change (and I use the term big lightly..considering we swapped second string RBs...can you even name the second string RB on half the teams in the NFL?)

We saw an opportunity to get someone we want more. They may have been willing to trade Morency much earlier, but the opportunity didnt arrive until Gado went for -7 yards on 2 rushes.
Old 09-13-2006   #226
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 107589 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpshafer_1976
I have been overly supportive of Kubiak's decision to pass on Bush.

But this is getting old. Quickly.

I suggest all of us NOT watch any of the NFL shows for the next day or two because they are going to crucify us over this issue.

If we passed on Bush just to play Fantasy Football waiver wire & trade "games" for our starting RB...then this is going to get ugly if we don't pick up some wins in the next few weeks.

You have to admit that the amount of promoting/demoting/releasing/signing/re-releasing/re-signing/trading is wearing on all of us, even the most "loyal" of Texans fans.

Come on, Texans management, get this thing right and get it done...and move on for the season. You've been shifting Mario all over the line, you've been giving our running backs false security. You ran pretty much perfect plays in the first preseason game, only to revert to some stale version of Green Bay's run block scheme and less bootlegs and playaction passes.

Quit second-guessing yourself, Kubiak. Play a season and see what you have.
You've certainly got everything figured out after one game.

I think people need to slow down some. We were a 2-14 team just two regular season games ago.

We just traded a back up running back, and people are acting like the freakin sky is falling again.

Personally, I'm not tired of all of the promoting/demoting/releasing/signing/re-releasing/re-signing/trading... we had a crappy team, and alot of changes needed to be made.
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006   #227
FILO_girl
I'm not here

Rep Power: 63 FILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respected

I have went and haunted a couple GB boards I am on...

All posters caught off guard with this news (the trade), a handful have a soft spot for Gado because of his 'story' (like us with Lundy). Few think he may have been a one season wonder. Lots think it is a straight across trade. They are now digging for all of Morency's info.

I wiped my feet and didn't leave a trail. So no trolls are my fault.
FILO_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-13-2006   #228
TFL
Veteran

Rep Power: 4909 TFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respected

Everybody saying that your worried that he is already changing the roster after all ready having it set maybe he wanted gado more then morency hence it was not excatly the way he wanted it.
TFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006   #229
MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS
Veteran

Just don't understand it GRID, You do not see any other teams doing this 2 weeks after the 53 cut, besides the Branch thing from New England...just think it's a little early to start changing tires on a car that are not flat.....
Old 09-13-2006   #230
Grid
Hall of Fame

Not every team went 2-14 last season.. and not every team has a starting RB on IR.

Not every team has an offensive genius for a head coach that has made no name UFAs into thousand yard rushers for the past decade.

Its a different situation.
Old 09-13-2006   #231
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 122990 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan
We finally get a regime that makes changes when they don't play well and the lot of you complain? What happened to "In Kubiak we trust?"
we trust as far as we can throw
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006   #232
srstex
Veteran

In Kubiak we Trust died when our defense stopped the Eagles twice in a row and he called running plays and punted twice in a row. We throw we look good we run we suck, same as last year Carr sacked 5 times, same as last year, the D gets ONE sack, SO WHAT. ACCOUNTABILITY starts with the Head Coach, he lost the game since he made NO changes after half-time.

Doing the same thing the same way and expecting a different result is ( by definition ) insanity.
Old 09-13-2006   #233
Texans86
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan
We finally get a regime that makes changes when they don't play well and the lot of you complain? What happened to "In Kubiak we trust?"
Absolutely agree with this one. Morency showed nothing more than potential, and Kubiak said before the season that he had a long way to go to get away from that shake 'n bake running style. And if I remember correctly, it was Morency who completely missed a block this past weekend and ended up with Carr on his back. Finally someone is held accountable and the Message Board explodes with complaints. Football is a business, and you can't get too attached to anyone. I do not know anything about Gado, but I'm willing to give him a chance before blasting off on him. You'd think people would support the team instead of jumping to conclusions about what a terrible idea this is.
Old 09-13-2006   #234
Texans86
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by srstex
In Kubiak we Trust died when our defense stopped the Eagles twice in a row and he called running plays and punted twice in a row. We throw we look good we run we suck, same as last year Carr sacked 5 times, same as last year, the D gets ONE sack, SO WHAT. ACCOUNTABILITY starts with the Head Coach, he lost the game since he made NO changes after half-time.

Doing the same thing the same way and expecting a different result is ( by definition ) insanity.
I believe in the Monday press conference Kubiak himself said they didn't adjust well in the second half. He's not making excuses, he said he screwed up. While Sherman is guiding him, he is still a first time head coach. Will he bounce back this week? I'd like to think so. We lost to a team that could go pretty far in the playoffs, and people think the sky is falling. I'd like to think Kubiak is getting paid for his expertise, and I'm not getting paid because I don't have one. Let him make his decisions as head coach.
Old 09-13-2006   #235
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

The question is whether this is a sign of desperation or seriousness in fixing the team.

Retooling into the season gives some of us flashbacks of *fixing* an offense on the fly last year. You know, OMG, no running game, let's grab a RB.

OTOH, the Texans have gotten into to trouble because they didn't cut bait and upgrade positions when they could.

Kubiak has said that competition at each position is serious. That he wants the best guys to do what he needs them to do, no matter how they were acquired.

Rick Smith has been brought in to leave no stone unturned for upgrading players and finding guys suitable to what they are doing.

My Denver friends have said that the key is to get Kubiak's kind of guys in place.

I leave you, with this special link, that expresses this conundrum....

in song: Frightening video, you've been warned!!!!

BWAHAHAHAHAHA.
Old 09-13-2006   #236
michaelm
vox nihili

Rep Power: 107589 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCROD
So let me get this straight, we trade for a guy who was the backup to the guy (Davenport) we could have signed flat out (instead on Ron Dayne)? As much as I like Gado, this move reeks of the sky is falling syndrome.

What do you mean by flat out signed? He wasn't a free agent, and he wasn't on the Packers practice squad? Not as far as I can find...

That means a trade was the only way to get him, right?
Old 09-13-2006   #237
DRAMA
All Pro

Send a message via Yahoo to DRAMA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid
are ya that afraid of change? We have been wanting someone to come in here and actually MAKE CHANGES.. and make people accountable.. and do what needed to be done to make this a good team.. now, 1 week into the season, yall are gonna throw a hissy cause they made a "big" change (and I use the term big lightly..considering we swapped second string RBs...can you even name the second string RB on half the teams in the NFL?)

We saw an opportunity to get someone we want more. They may have been willing to trade Morency much earlier, but the opportunity didnt arrive until Gado went for -7 yards on 2 rushes.
I think you hit it on the head. People on this board act like they're scared to death of anything and everything. Good Lord - I mean, "Oh, Gado was unknown so people weren't worried and then uhh...well....they planned for Favre and uhh...Gado was trying real hard......and then uhh...." So, Lundy wasn't an unknown?

If you're going to whine about every move then start a board because you all are sounding like a broken record. WAAAAHHHH EVERYTHING IS WRONG WAAAHHHHH!! KUBIAK SUCKS WAAAAAHHHHH MORENCY WAS EMMITT SMITH! WWAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

Grid was right. Somebody finally holds someone accountable and all of a sudden Kubiak's wrong because some mechanic down in the 'nickel' thinks he knows how to run a football team. Here's some advice - tune in on Sunday and just shut up for a little while. Let the Texans fans intelligently critique the moves instead buttpuckering some WAAAAHHHHH out of your backside.

If Kubiak and Sherman wanted Gado, good! I support him. If he carries for 12 yards every week then maybe one day we can start questioning this. But after 20 minutes? Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!
:brickwall
DRAMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006   #238
MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid
Not every team went 2-14 last season.. and not every team has a starting RB on IR.

Not every team has an offensive genius for a head coach that has made no name UFAs into thousand yard rushers for the past decade.

Its a different situation.
Hope he pans out GRID.....I love the Texans no matter who they have playing, change is good, and sometimes bad........I wish Morency the best...I tend to follow other players after they leave, to see how they turn out....another one I will be watching is Tony Hollings........All the Best to Gado and welcome to Houston.....and have a healthy season..
Old 09-13-2006   #239
michaelm
vox nihili

Quote:
Originally Posted by srstex

Thank God you dropped by to psychoanalyze the coach after one game...
Old 09-13-2006   #240
Texans86
All Pro

From MSN

"He'll (Gado) be joining the Texans style of offense that uses zone blocking and requires the running back to cut once and head upfield. Gado, who runs best inside, appears to fit this style better than Morency, whom the coaches thought hesitated too much in the backfield."

http://msn.foxsports.com/fantasy/story/5963954

This is a pretty good summary of what's been happening and why.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read