Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read


Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2006   #201
TheCD
All Pro
 
TheCD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Wichita Falls, TX
Age: 28
Posts: 981
Rep Power: 1036 TheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12Gage
He has potential, but at 26 we can't wait for him to develop forever.

I sense the trolls coming this way.


Wait for it...Wait for it....
TheCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006   #202
GP 
Go Texans!
 
GP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: TEXAS!
Posts: 17,747
Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbnjwill
is this organiztion grasping at straws for runningback help or what? first we pass on bush because we have DD then hes done for the season. we bring in antwain smith and cut him draft walli lundy make him a starter pick up ron dayne off the scrap heap and in one last move trade for gado....... hmmmm they are really making their argument for passing on bush. whats next? bring spencer tillman out of retirement..
I have been overly supportive of Kubiak's decision to pass on Bush.

But this is getting old. Quickly.

I suggest all of us NOT watch any of the NFL shows for the next day or two because they are going to crucify us over this issue.

If we passed on Bush just to play Fantasy Football waiver wire & trade "games" for our starting RB...then this is going to get ugly if we don't pick up some wins in the next few weeks.

You have to admit that the amount of promoting/demoting/releasing/signing/re-releasing/re-signing/trading is wearing on all of us, even the most "loyal" of Texans fans.

Come on, Texans management, get this thing right and get it done...and move on for the season. You've been shifting Mario all over the line, you've been giving our running backs false security. You ran pretty much perfect plays in the first preseason game, only to revert to some stale version of Green Bay's run block scheme and less bootlegs and playaction passes.

Quit second-guessing yourself, Kubiak. Play a season and see what you have.
__________________
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006   #203
dat_boy_yec
All Pro
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Age: 33
Posts: 943
Rep Power: 11 dat_boy_yec is on the Pro-Bowl ballotdat_boy_yec is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Default

I think this move improves our team. Not because Gado is better than Morrency, but because he's a change of pace back. I mean Lundy and Morrency phisically were eerily similar. While Morrency was more productive in the pre-season he wasn't that much ahead of Lundy and that with a yr. in the league. I'm sure Morrency will do fine. I don't think Gado was brought here to be the starter. I don't think our current staff puts that much weight into the starter as how they will share the load. I just think everybody needs to calm down and see that we have improved, but it's not like we're gonna change overnight.
dat_boy_yec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006   #204
GP 
Go Texans!
 
GP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: TEXAS!
Posts: 17,747
Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
I was led to believe few of the coaches liked him...so much for that tripe I guess. Our first day pick for an UFA? If Morency blows up in GB I'm gonna be ill.
IMO, the reason Gado blew up in GB last year was because he sneak-attacked opposing teams. Those teams "let up" because they felt Ahman Green out of the game meant easy pickins' for them.

Gado had the benefit of being an unknown. And, IMO, it fueled his performance because he felt like he WAS an underdog.

Now, he's coming here and clearly expecting to perform well. It's a far different scenario than what he inherited last year in GB.

Gee, when Kubiak said "nobody's roster spot is secure" he wasn't foolin'
__________________
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006   #205
AustinJB
All Pro
 
AustinJB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Austin, Texas
Age: 35
Posts: 592
Rep Power: 11 AustinJB was voted MVPAustinJB was voted MVPAustinJB was voted MVP
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpshafer_1976
IMO, the reason Gado blew up in GB last year was because he sneak-attacked opposing teams. Those teams "let up" because they felt Ahman Green out of the game meant easy pickins' for them.

Gado had the benefit of being an unknown. And, IMO, it fueled his performance because he felt like he WAS an underdog.

Now, he's coming here and clearly expecting to perform well. It's a far different scenario than what he inherited last year in GB.

Gee, when Kubiak said "nobody's roster spot is secure" he wasn't foolin'
Sooooo...if we're using your logic then Lundy & Morency should have "blew up" Philly b/c they're unknowns too.
__________________
You have to play this game like somebody just hit your mother with a two-by-four.-Dan Birdwell
AustinJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006   #206
GP 
Go Texans!
 
GP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: TEXAS!
Posts: 17,747
Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dat_boy_yec
I think this move improves our team. Not because Gado is better than Morrency, but because he's a change of pace back. I mean Lundy and Morrency phisically were eerily similar. While Morrency was more productive in the pre-season he wasn't that much ahead of Lundy and that with a yr. in the league. I'm sure Morrency will do fine. I don't think Gado was brought here to be the starter. I don't think our current staff puts that much weight into the starter as how they will share the load. I just think everybody needs to calm down and see that we have improved, but it's not like we're gonna change overnight.
They have no clue which back on our team is capable of producing.

We're into the second week of the season...and we pull off a trade like this? That sends a lot of red flags up, if you ask me.

Why drag Morency through camp just for this? And why make a "lateral" move, who the heck benefits from it? Nobody.

More smoke and mirrors, if you ask me.

Not a good way to start off his head coaching tenure with us.

I'm probably going to change my signature from "Kubiak can turn water into SHiner Bock" and maybe scale it back to "Kubiak can turn water into Natural Light."

Losing....my...patience...with...the...same...old. ..song...and...dance...
__________________
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006   #207
AustinJB
All Pro
 
AustinJB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Austin, Texas
Age: 35
Posts: 592
Rep Power: 11 AustinJB was voted MVPAustinJB was voted MVPAustinJB was voted MVP
Default

OMG!!!! I hope Gado turns out to be the next TD/Mike Bell/Mike Anderson **insert other low-profile RB turned savior of your choice here**

I would love nothing more...obviously b/c it would help our team, but also to see all the crow that some people would have to eat...lol!!
__________________
You have to play this game like somebody just hit your mother with a two-by-four.-Dan Birdwell
AustinJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-13-2006   #208
FILO_girl
I'm not here
 
FILO_girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: HOU-finally moved in the big city
Posts: 1,676
Rep Power: 63 FILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

I think a couple posters are beginning to self destruct right in front of our eyes on this very thread.

Do I call 911 or just sit back and watch?

Its a conspiracy, everyone thought we were Denver South when actually we are secretly the humid Packers now. First Sherman, then Flanagan and now Gado...

(just messing with ya, but a couple of you are beginning to make me wonder if an NFL Intervention is needed!)
FILO_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006   #209
GP 
Go Texans!
 
GP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: TEXAS!
Posts: 17,747
Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinJB
Sooooo...if we're using your logic then Lundy & Morency should have "blew up" Philly b/c they're unknowns too.
Uhh, which BIG NAME RUNNING BACK went down with an injury and then had Lundy and Morency fill in for them?

The face of that Packers team was Ahman Green, you prepared to STOP Ahman so that you could make Favre pass all day and get 12 interceptions. Stop Ahman, and you stop the team.

So teams began to gameplan AWAY from the run and moreso on Favre. The Gado got seriously injured and was lost for the season. And now we've inherited a guy who was injured.

Yeah, someone says "Why would GB trade for Morency?"

Why would we trade a healthy guy for an injured one? It's an even trade because one guy is healthy but unproven...and the other guys is a little prven, but not 100% healthy. That's the only way this deal went down, straigh up for one another, if you ask me.

Gado will pass OUR physical with flying colors. There'll be no sign of a lingering leg injury. It'll be like nothing ever happened.

Packers get rid of an injured guy, and we give up a healthy guy.

I'm really liking this trade...........
__________________
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006   #210
GP 
Go Texans!
 
GP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: TEXAS!
Posts: 17,747
Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

[quote=AustinJB]OMG!!!! I hope Gado turns out to be the next TD/Mike Bell/Mike Anderson **insert other low-profile RB turned savior of your choice here**[\QUOTE=AustinJB]

LOL.

Yeah, I'm not too afraid of that happening.

This team is in desperation mode.

What's next? It's like a bloomin' soap opera around here: Tune into tomorrow's episode for the "conclusion" to this nail-biting story line.
__________________
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006   #211
MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS
Veteran
 
MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: HOUSTON
Age: 45
Posts: 382
Rep Power: 10 MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS is ridin' the pine
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpshafer_1976
I have been overly supportive of Kubiak's decision to pass on Bush.

But this is getting old. Quickly.

I suggest all of us NOT watch any of the NFL shows for the next day or two because they are going to crucify us over this issue.

If we passed on Bush just to play Fantasy Football waiver wire & trade "games" for our starting RB...then this is going to get ugly if we don't pick up some wins in the next few weeks.

You have to admit that the amount of promoting/demoting/releasing/signing/re-releasing/re-signing/trading is wearing on all of us, even the most "loyal" of Texans fans.

Come on, Texans management, get this thing right and get it done...and move on for the season. You've been shifting Mario all over the line, you've been giving our running backs false security. You ran pretty much perfect plays in the first preseason game, only to revert to some stale version of Green Bay's run block scheme and less bootlegs and playaction passes.

Quit second-guessing yourself, Kubiak. Play a season and see what you have.
Highly agree......If Morency has a breakout year, I will be sick, he was not given enough time I think, what's next Lundy on the Block, because he did not do so hot against Philly.......Come on Gary you picked the best 53 out there at the end of august, no reason to go looking for a rabbit in a hat, a new back is not the answer, it's called missed blocking assignments, 3 Eagles going against 1 texan, watch the tape again.....the backs had no where to go..........
__________________
Antwan Peek is my daughter's favorite player ! WE WILL MISS YOU ANTWAN GOOD LUCK IN CLEVELAND !
MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006   #212
AustinJB
All Pro
 
AustinJB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Austin, Texas
Age: 35
Posts: 592
Rep Power: 11 AustinJB was voted MVPAustinJB was voted MVPAustinJB was voted MVP
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpshafer_1976
Uhh, which BIG NAME RUNNING BACK went down with an injury and then had Lundy and Morency fill in for them?

The face of that Packers team was Ahman Green, you prepared to STOP Ahman so that you could make Favre pass all day and get 12 interceptions. Stop Ahman, and you stop the team.
What?? Dude, I'm not trying to pick on you or anything, but since when did Ahman Green become a "BIG NAME RUNNING BACK?" He is a big name back but DD isn't? If I recall, Green has had almost as many injuries over his career as DD has.

Maybe I misunderstood your point, but you said that,
"Gado had the benefit of being an unknown. And, IMO, it fueled his performance because he felt like he WAS an underdog."
I am simply stating that Morency also had the benefit of being an unknown. Why didn't it fuel his performance b/c he was an underdog too. If I have to choose between the two, I choose Gado....it seems as if he at least has an extra desire to succeed by your own observation.

Okay, I'm done. Enough of this going around and around and around to make a point...
__________________
You have to play this game like somebody just hit your mother with a two-by-four.-Dan Birdwell
AustinJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006   #213
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors
 
mexican_texan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Spring, TX
Age: 24
Posts: 14,188
Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

We finally get a regime that makes changes when they don't play well and the lot of you complain? What happened to "In Kubiak we trust?"
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
in the hood, they calls it pimpin'.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006   #214
BradK10
Hall of Fame
 
BradK10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Gilbert, Arizona
Age: 34
Posts: 1,097
Rep Power: 12 BradK10 is a fan favorite
Send a message via AIM to BradK10 Send a message via Yahoo to BradK10
Default

um...saying Ahman Green is not a big name RB just might be the single dumbest thing I've read here

and there's a lot of dumb things written here
__________________
For the love of God, I'm from Houston, NOT Arizona. I only live here.
BradK10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006   #215
BradK10
Hall of Fame
 
BradK10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Gilbert, Arizona
Age: 34
Posts: 1,097
Rep Power: 12 BradK10 is a fan favorite
Send a message via AIM to BradK10 Send a message via Yahoo to BradK10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpshafer_1976

I'm probably going to change my signature from "Kubiak can turn water into SHiner Bock" and maybe scale it back to "Kubiak can turn water into Natural Light."

Losing....my...patience...with...the...same...old. ..song...and...dance...
Hey, if you're a beer drinker, that's still improvement!
__________________
For the love of God, I'm from Houston, NOT Arizona. I only live here.
BradK10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006   #216
Grid
Hall of Fame
 
Grid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 4,299
Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

honestly im not at all worried by anything this staff has done so far. Im not regretting passing on Bush.. im not worried that we are shopping for RBs.

Everything... from trading Morency for Gado... to starting Spencer and Weary..to cutting Wand and Robaire.. to not blitzing until we get pressure from our front 4... all of this tells me that Kubiak and company HAS A PLAN. They are trying to create a system that they know will work.

I like this move because I dont think Kubiak would have done it if he felt Morency would succeed here. He apparently sees potential in Gado and decided that he would rather take a chance with him, than settle for what he knows Morency offers. Meaning.. he could make due with Morency, or take a chance on getting someone who could be a big contributor. He took the chance, and I can agree with that.

Lets not make this a bigger deal than it is. We liked Morency for his POTENTIAL.. not what he ACTUALLY brought to the table. We traded him for someone with lots of potential as well. We have lost nothing here.. and since Kube wanted Gado.. id say its more likely that we have gained.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006   #217
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid
 
Honoring Earl 34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Houston
Age: 51
Posts: 19,034
Rep Power: 171483 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

This team was 2-14 last year . How many players worth a %#$# does it take to go 2-14 ... I'm thinking very few .

How many Texans from last year do we count as building blocks , hmmm lets see theres AJ , Dunta , Pitts , hopefully Carr , possibly TJ , and under the radar Weary who benefitted by the other coaches ignoring him .

They can trade anyone else from the previous team but I don't see a market .
__________________
A little about Colleen. She's the brains behind the operation. Magna cum laude from BC, top five in her law school class, so obviously I have a pretty good idea how to recruit, I can tell you that.
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006   #218
PapaL
Loose Screw
 
PapaL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Maryland
Age: 34
Posts: 11,700
Rep Power: 122497 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

So let me get this straight, we trade for a guy who was the backup to the guy (Davenport) we could have signed flat out (instead on Ron Dayne)? As much as I like Gado, this move reeks of the sky is falling syndrome.

Changes in week 1.5? We just settled on the roster 2 weeks ago. I'm all for fixing something, but we have to see if its broken first.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006   #219
PapaL
Loose Screw
 
PapaL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Maryland
Age: 34
Posts: 11,700
Rep Power: 122497 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid
Lets not make this a bigger deal than it is. We liked Morency for his POTENTIAL.. not what he ACTUALLY brought to the table. We traded him for someone with lots of potential as well. We have lost nothing here.. and since Kube wanted Gado.. id say its more likely that we have gained.
The man was never allowed to be in the same room as the table, much less sit at it.

So what other coaches do we have from other teams and who are the back RBs there? Dayne-Kubiak, Gado-Sherman, who is next?
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006   #220
MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS
Veteran
 
MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: HOUSTON
Age: 45
Posts: 382
Rep Power: 10 MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS is ridin' the pine
Default

Just because the Texans lose one game, does not mean you go digging through other teams trash cans, and getting thier garbage, and bringing it home, it's called start with the O line that has been Carr's problem and the running game problem.....I think Kubiak is grasping at straws a little early....he had the 53 best players he thought at the end of August what changed his mind now........I don't know what he is mixing in the but this is not Denver you can not take every no name running back and make them a star, with the line we have.....Denver has a quicker and smaller line that allows them to run effective.....Spencer Tillman told everyone that on channel 13 on Sunday night........guess Gary and Mike Sherman changed the station to watch Emmit Smith dancing with the stars.......
__________________
Antwan Peek is my daughter's favorite player ! WE WILL MISS YOU ANTWAN GOOD LUCK IN CLEVELAND !
MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger