Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-19-2004   #1
HoustonLionsFan
Veteran

Default Good game, but...

can you guys give the Lions some credit? Look, I would have come on here and admitted to the better team won if the Texans had won. But they didn't, and every thread is about how they should have but...(insert excuse here). Please be a man (or woman) and admit the better team won this week. Joey had a passer rating of 114+, please don't make excuses.

BTW- From now on I will be on here supporting the Texans (unless they play Detroit again).
HoustonLionsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004   #2
LionsAllTheWay
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonLionsFan
can you guys give the Lions some credit? Look, I would have come on here and admitted to the better team won if the Texans had won. But they didn't, and every thread is about how they should have but...(insert excuse here). Please be a man (or woman) and admit the better team won this week. Joey had a passer rating of 114+, please don't make excuses.

BTW- From now on I will be on here supporting the Texans (unless they play Detroit again).
They don't play again for another 4 years, unless they meet in the superbowl. That would be great if that happened.
LionsAllTheWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004   #3
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Good game guys. 16 teams will lose this weekend and you are not one of them. People are just upset because of expectations. I don't think that most of them are going out of their way to not give your team credit. It's just the usual after game venting for the most part.
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004   #4
LionsAllTheWay
Rookie

Texans fans are better than Bears fans, I will certainly give you that.
LionsAllTheWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004   #5
Honolulu_Blue
Rookie

I think the Texans have underrated their first two opponents. The lions really have a bend don't break turnover forcing D, and the Lions have serious weapons. It adds up to a loss, if you don't take care of the ball, and take the offense lightly just because KJ's a rookie and Charles Rogers went down.

And I think SD will do well this year. Anytime you've got a weapon like LT, they've got a chance.

That said, i have a feeling KC will be sucking big time this year. They're offense is two dimensional, and the defense sucks. O got worse with a worse oline. So I think the Texans should be able to get up for that game. Be close, and I'm still pondering my predictions, but that is more winnable than the first two games in my opinion.
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004   #6
HoustonLionsFan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
Good game guys. 16 teams will lose this weekend and you are not one of them. People are just upset because of expectations. I don't think that most of them are going out of their way to not give your team credit. It's just the usual after game venting for the most part.
I understand. I'm just used to Lions fans that are harder on them even after a win than some of the Texans fans are being on the Texans after a loss. All I will hear about all week is Joeys poor performance in the first half.
HoustonLionsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004   #7
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

I Will Admit That The Better Team Won Today...Good Luck Throughout The Rest Of The Season...
D-ReK is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-19-2004   #8
Demon
Rookie

Default Whatever

The Lions were OK at home, but give this game to the Texans who - were it not for all the dumb mistakes and dumb playcalling - could have been 2-0 right now. I am happy for the Lions, don't get me wrong. But all in all, the Texans can, for the second week in a row, blame themselves. Bummer.
Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004   #9
toronado
Rookie

credit to the Lions.

they are clearly better than we are.
toronado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004   #10
JDizzle
I'm a dude

Rep Power: 7477 JDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respected

I have no problem giving you guys credit. We coughed the ball up and you made us pay big time, that's what good teams do. We took the ball away from you once and gave it right back, which is not what good teams do.

I have enjoyed you guys this past week, good luck the remaining 15 weeks. Props on your 2 - 0 start!

Quote:
I understand. I'm just used to Lions fans that are harder on them even after a win than some of the Texans fans are being on the Texans after a loss. All I will hear about all week is Joeys poor performance in the first half.
His numbers weren't spectacular, but he stepped up when it mattered and all but put us totally out of it with that TD pass to Roy Williams. That is what good QB's do when they're not having the best day.
JDizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004   #11
Honolulu_Blue
Rookie

Props to the classy Texans fans. Hope you guys do well the rest of the season. Detroit and Houston will be the new Colts and Patriots in a few years.
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004   #12
Lucky

Rep Power: 184792 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
can you guys give the Lions some credit?...Please be a man (or woman) and admit the better team won this week...
Given the option, I'll go ahead and be a man.

The Lions are a better team than the Texans. They're 2-0 and good luck the rest of the way. But, don't get too cocky. The Texans made Drew Brees look like Joe Montana last week. Look at what the Jets are doing to Drew today. The reality is that your Lions just played a very bad defensive football team. It gets much tougher the rest of the way.
Old 09-19-2004   #13
FatTabbyMama
Rookie

Send a message via AIM to FatTabbyMama Send a message via Yahoo to FatTabbyMama

That was one hell of a 99 yard touchdown ya had there...

It was a good game, Lions did look good. Certainly did a good job recovering our turnovers! <insert painful laugh here>

Roy Williams will be serving you well I think...

And of course we're classy...we're Texans!
FatTabbyMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004   #14
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 58125 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

The better team won today, congrats to the lions & their fans, its been long overdue, the suffering ends, yes their is light @ the end of the tunnel. Keep improving we will be watching
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004   #15
TexanExile
Square 1 again

Rep Power: 3475 TexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respected

I really liked the way the Lions came out and got creative in the second half. Unlike the Texans, they tried to mix it up a little and hit some new targets. As soon as Williams got hot, the game was Detroit's to lose, and they didn't.

The first half of this game was VERY forgettable for both teams. But props to D-town for taking care of bidness with big Roy leading the way. Honestly, I still don't see much to like about Harrington over Carr, but if the running game continues to progress, it won't matter for Detroit. Even Ragone could QB that team to victory if he got all day to throw and had Roy on the other end of the pass!

Good luck to Detroit.
TexanExile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004   #16
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

The better team won today because there are 31 teams in the league better than the Texans right now.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004   #17
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj.
The better team won today because there are 31 teams in the league better than the Texans right now.
Agreed. worst team, not worst talent.
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004   #18
Texansbacker
Veteran

The thing that surprises me the most is the fact that the Texans were to be so much better but actually look worse than we have the past two years. Hopefully we can turn the ship around and start playing with some heart. I have seen few inspiring plays. Can anyone recall some? Who would be the MVP today? So many questions? Hopefully the team will provide some answers.
Texansbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004   #19
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

The Texans had more first downs 24-18
The Texans had more rushing yards 112-94
The Texans had more passing yards (net) 274-172
The Texans ran 71 plays to the opponent's 50
The Texans won time of possession 31:50 - 28:10
The Texans only punted twice

Tell me all that before the game and I tell you we win by 10.

Then there's the minor detail of -2 in turnovers, 9 penalties, 5 sacks, and the killer special teams lapse that resulted in a TD return.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004   #20
gwallaia

Rep Power: 84150 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

aj, you forgot to mention the 3rd down conversion rate for the Lions 6-11.

The Texans however were 7-14.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read