Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-12-2006   #1
Colts Addict
Rookie

Default Good luck on Sunday!

I just wanted to come on over here and wish you all the best of luck on Sunday... and I sincerely hope for an injury free game!
Colts Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006   #2
RiotCommander
All Pro

Send a message via ICQ to RiotCommander Send a message via AIM to RiotCommander

Welcome to the board

Rather surprised to see a Colts fan coming here. I just assumed they would be looking past us. Good to have you here. Just make sure your team doesn't gameplan for us.

Your a Superbowl team right? We went 2-14 last year. No big deal.... Is any of this working?

Old 09-12-2006   #3
Colts Addict
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotCommander
Welcome to the board

Rather surprised to see a Colts fan coming here. I just assumed they would be looking past us. Good to have you here. Just make sure your team doesn't gameplan for us.

Your a Superbowl team right? We went 2-14 last year. No big deal.... Is any of this working?

LOL - not one bit! We never look past teams in our division... atleast I don't, but I am not on the field, right?
I try to always make it a point to get over here, before one of our games... I prefer the Texans to the Jags and Titans, any day... your fanbase is a much better one.
Old 09-12-2006   #4
WildCat_Texan
Veteran

That's awesome. Thanks! Good luck, and yes, may there be no injuries this week!

GO TEXANS!

WildCat_Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006   #5
MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts Addict
I just wanted to come on over here and wish you all the best of luck on Sunday... and I sincerely hope for an injury free game!
Deanna, true class act, wish you and the Colts & Fans and healthy season as well.......
Old 09-12-2006   #6
Colts Addict
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkley
Thanks.... I expect you guys to beat us by at least 2 touchdowns. That said, u have a problem because you cannot run the ball against good teams. Major Problem
I sincerely expect that to get better... Joseph showed me some things that I really liked. What I am more concerned about is our run D. Granted, we were without Corey Simon on Sunday, but for crying out loud... had they chosen to run the entire game, we would have walked away with a L on that one. I am hoping they will fall into sync here quickly... Hopefully both our new rookies will continue to get better as the season wears on.
Old 09-12-2006   #7
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Thanks for coming over.

Hopefully Manning wont exploit our weakness in our secondary (yeah right, who am I fooling?). I'm really looking forward to seeing Mario back on artificial turf. He had the burst when we played against the Rams in the preseason.

BTW, as a Colt fan and obviously a Freeney fan...how did you come around to liking him, and at what point during his rookie season did he start to show signs of signifigant improvement? As I look at his stats, he didn't collect his first sack untill the third game (can you guess who against?). After game 6 it looks as if things started to come around for him. Steadily producing more tackles, and obviously averaging around a sack per game.

Hmm...this may make an interesting topic.....
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-12-2006   #8
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 200878 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Have a not-so-great but injury free game!
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006   #9
Colts Addict
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84
Thanks for coming over.

Hopefully Manning wont exploit our weakness in our secondary (yeah right, who am I fooling?). I'm really looking forward to seeing Mario back on artificial turf. He had the burst when we played against the Rams in the preseason.

BTW, as a Colt fan and obviously a Freeney fan...how did you come around to liking him, and at what point during his rookie season did he start to show signs of signifigant improvement? As I look at his stats, he didn't collect his first sack untill the third game (can you guess who against?). After game 6 it looks as if things started to come around for him. Steadily producing more tackles, and obviously averaging around a sack per game.

Hmm...this may make an interesting topic.....
To be honest with you... it has taken me a while to get used to Dungy's system altogether. The smaller, faster, flock to the ball, gang tackling type of style that Dungy likes. I knew Freeney was special when I seen him never give up and keep using different tactics to get to the QB. Because of Freeney, Mathis has become a threat as well. However, if you watch closely... people are starting to figure Freeney out and its slowing him down. The problem with our front four rush on a regular basis, is its either working perfectly or we are in a situation like against NY... when we are so over aggressive, that we actually take ourselves out of the play and they run right past us. But to answer your question... I knew I liked him, when I realized that he doesn't practice much, because of his flat feet... and he doesn't play ever down because of the same reason... but the man never stops coming after the QB... no matter what, he still keeps on coming!
Old 09-13-2006   #10
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Man I hope our running game is working so we can get some play action going against yall.

I thank you for the insight on Freeney. I hope Williams can be something like that.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006   #11
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll be in Indy on Sunday Deanna, and also hope to see an injury free game. Along with my friends Pete and Preston, we'll be making some noise for our TEXANS!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006   #12
Colts Addict
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan
I'll be in Indy on Sunday Deanna, and also hope to see an injury free game. Along with my friends Pete and Preston, we'll be making some noise for our TEXANS!
Well, let me be the first to welcome you to Indy! I hope you get a chance to see some of the city while you are here. The majority of our fanbase are pretty much class acts, however, we do have the occassional drunken ass that likes to start trouble, so I apologize in advance if that happens. Make sure you get around the Dome and do some tailgating, great food and music... and scream loudly, as the Dome will be rocking hard in a sea of blue!
Old 09-13-2006   #13
Titan "Tack" Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 44 Titan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respected

It's easy for Colts fans to be nice cause Peyton Manning never gets hurt. As long as they have Peyton they know they will be winners.

I can't wait til he retires, I'm sick of him. Then the Colts fans can return to the real world.
Old 09-13-2006   #14
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Ya notice how nice the Colts fans are to us? That's 'cuz they're gonna split our heads open Sunday and stir up whatever's left in there.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006   #15
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72
Ya notice how nice the Colts fans are to us? That's 'cuz they're gonna split our heads open Sunday and stir up whatever's left in there.
I think whatever was in there has been scooped out the past 4 seasons
Old 09-13-2006   #16
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle

Quote:

Yeah cool man, heres to a good game!
Goldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006   #17
flylikeaneagle
Veteran

Go Texans this Sunday!!!!!!!!!!
flylikeaneagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006   #18
Colts Addict
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan "Tack" Fan
It's easy for Colts fans to be nice cause Peyton Manning never gets hurt. As long as they have Peyton they know they will be winners.

I can't wait til he retires, I'm sick of him. Then the Colts fans can return to the real world.
Leave it to a Titans fan to put in his/her two cents about a game that doesn't involve them. I am sure you are sick of him... if I were you, I imagine I would be sick of him too. However, I won't get into this with you on a Texans board, when I was only trying to show some good sportsmanship with the "Texans" fanbase... if you would like to continue the conversation, I will be more than happy to do so over at the Colts MB.

Oh, and btw... I was already nice and very much living in reality... even prior to Peyton being drafted by the Colts. Imagine that!
Old 09-13-2006   #19
BattleRedRaider
All Pro

Rep Power: 19 BattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame Ballot
Send a message via AIM to BattleRedRaider Send a message via MSN to BattleRedRaider Send a message via Yahoo to BattleRedRaider

Hey, I may not like the Colts too much now, but back on a wonderful day, Sept. 15th, 1996 (in 2 days, it would be 10 years ago! I feel old), the Colts beat the Dallas Cowboys at Texas Stadium.........and I was there!
Old 09-13-2006   #20
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
LOL - not one bit! We never look past teams in our division... atleast I don't, but I am not on the field, right?
I try to always make it a point to get over here, before one of our games... I prefer the Texans to the Jags and Titans, any day... your fanbase is a much better one.
The greatest Colts fan in history! I interacted with some Colts fans when I was on the Colts MB about Adam Vinatieri a while back. They seem like a good group of guys.

Quote:
Oh, and btw... I was already nice and very much living in reality... even prior to Peyton being drafted by the Colts. Imagine that!
I think you wanted Ryan Leaf.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read