Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-19-2004   #1
Sudds
Rookie

Default I'm glad we have Carr

In my opinion, it is very clear who the better QB is. Carr started very slow, but picked it up greatly in the 2nd quarter on. Harrington's arm is much weaker than I thought and I continue to see him benefiting from the amazing catches of his receivers. He is not very accurate and likes to throw the ball to guys who are covered thoroughly.

You look at the numbers and they show you who won the battle of the QB's. Turnovers and defense cost us this game. Its a simple diagnosis that is very clear. Carr moved the ball at will, but when you turn it over week after week, you will lose to everyone. DD better pick it up becuase IMO he's a big reason why we are 0-2 right now.

WHERE'S THE PASS DEFENSE? 28 points to Detroit is rediculous.
Sudds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004   #2
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Harrington not in DC's league

Harrington is a scrappy QB, and he made a real good throw to Williams for
the TD (Williams, though, made a super play - he is good), and did some scrambling, but he's not in the same category as Carr. He can only dream about the gun that Carr has. Carr made a play (the checkoff and then TD to Bradford), that only people like Farve and Elway make.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004   #3
Ihategeeks
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25 Ihategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of Famer

I'll take the guy who has thrown More TD's
Won More Games

Won that game

Anyday (while I wish to myself , why can't Joey throw harder)
Old 09-19-2004   #4
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 225674 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd say almost the reverse. Harrington appeared to me to be the better QB today. Possibly in the long run that may change but Harrington is IMO ahead of Carr at this time.
Old 09-19-2004   #5
LionsAllTheWay
Rookie

I said it before, I'll say it again. If Carr had Harrington's pass protection (O_line), he'd be a lot farther along. Joey looked great today.
LionsAllTheWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004   #6
TexansFight
All Pro

Rep Power: 2293 TexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respected

Harrington already has 5 come from behind victories in the 4th quarter. Carr seems to save the worst for the 4th quarter though today after the 1st half he was good.
TexansFight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004   #7
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

I care about wins and only wins. Harrington is 2-0 and Carr is 0-2 this season. I'd pick Harrington today....

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-19-2004   #8
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

DD turns it over 4 times in 2 games. Teams scored off of each turnover. Yup, he has to bear a great deal of the responsibility for both losses. Not all, but a great deal of it. The Defense probably bears MOST of the rest of the blame.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004   #9
Lucky

Rep Power: 119828 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel
I'd say almost the reverse. Harrington appeared to me to be the better QB today.
He's certainly in a better offense. Up 5 with 12 minutes left in the game, the Lions call 8 pass plays on a 12 play TD drive. That's how you cut the heart out of an opponent. That's how you win a football game.
Old 09-19-2004   #10
HoustonLionsFan
Veteran

Let's put this to rest, Joey had 114+ passer rating today. What did Carr have? (I really don't know, I'm asking). Don't forget, the "#1" WR for the Lions was out.

Today, Joey was better. Let's leave it at that. No, But he was in bounds, but RW made that play, etc...The game was what it was, admit the defeat and let it go.
HoustonLionsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004   #11
LionsAllTheWay
Rookie

Carr's was 103, also very good.
LionsAllTheWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004   #12
JDizzle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3602 JDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionsAllTheWay
I said it before, I'll say it again. If Carr had Harrington's pass protection (O_line), he'd be a lot farther along. Joey looked great today.
You beat me to it. I think Carr did great considering he was constantly being pressured. But Harrington's last drive was the nail in the coffin. Up until that point he had a below average performance, but that drive was crucial to their victory and he stepped up. I'm sure I'm not the only one who prefers victories to more yardage and ratings.
JDizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004   #13
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonLionsFan
Let's put this to rest, Joey had 114+ passer rating today. What did Carr have? (I really don't know, I'm asking). Don't forget, the "#1" WR for the Lions was out.

Today, Joey was better. Let's leave it at that. No, But he was in bounds, but RW made that play, etc...The game was what it was, admit the defeat and let it go.
I'll say it again, Harrington is not in Carr's league and thats so because he doesn't have half the arm that Carr has. But on the subject of the better team, the Lions won today and deserved to win and I hereby accept the defeat. And I do wish the Lions good luck this season. I wish we had those
big downline they've got along with quite a few other players on their team -
like the kick returner.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004   #14
Ihategeeks
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25 Ihategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of Famer

Carr Checked down to Dominick Davis 11 times

Joey completed a pass to 9 different recievers.

Joey was working with a Rookie WR
A Rookie RB, and a Solid Oline in the WCO offense, and lost his Go to WR the previous week. Joey has had 1 coaching change since being in Detroit, and major offensive injuries every year

Carr was working with a 1000 yard WR, a 1000 yard RB in a less complex offense, behind a below average oline. Carr has had 0 coaching changes with the core of starters each year.

Carr came up with some big plays

Joey matched it, and clinched the game.

But, yeah, Carr throws hard, So does Jeff George

Last edited by Ihategeeks; 09-19-2004 at 05:39 PM.
Ihategeeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004   #15
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11283 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihategeeks
Carr Checked down to Dominick Davis 11 times

Joey completed a pass to 9 different recievers.

Joey was working with a Rookie WR
A Rookie RB, and a Solid Oline in the WCO offense, and lost his Go to WR the previous week.
I wouldn't consider Rogers a go to receiver. I think you have to earn that distinction and he hasn't done that yet. Streets and Az-Hakim are great fits and more than make up for Rogers in the short term.
TexanBacker93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004   #16
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanBacker55
I wouldn't consider Rogers a go to receiver. I think you have to earn that distinction and he hasn't done that yet. Streets and Az-Hakim are great fits and more than make up for Rogers in the short term.
Rogers was lights-out for an incredible strech last year. He is clearly the Lions "go-to" WR
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004   #17
Ihategeeks
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanBacker55
Rogers was Joey's go to WR, this was clear in the 5 reg season games, and any time durring preseason.
Old 09-19-2004   #18
Ihategeeks
Hall of Fame

Natraully, none of this matters, because football is the ultimate team game
Old 09-19-2004   #19
LuvYaTexans
Rookie

Default agree Nunsguy!

Come on ya'll, is Carr suppose to run along side of DD and make sure he doesn't drop the ball inside the RED ZONE...AGAIN? Or is he suppose to play on special teams and make sure they stop the 99 YARD RETURN>>> This can get ridiculous...he is leading the NFL this weekend in passing yards (312), had 2(up the field) TD's & yes 1Int. He finished with a 109% passing rating and OH lets dump on the guy after he ran for his life MOST all day! Did you happen to notice how many times he picked himself up off the grass?? Or how many times he was flushed out of the pocket and survived. Zack W. got burned more times than our defense. Do any of you watch the game or just look at ESPN after the game for the recap? NEITHER QB could get in a rhythm, until they made adjustments at half. They are both talented QB's, but my money is on CARR (that's my right) and all of you naysayers can just sit by, complain to your hearts content and watch him become what Mr. McNair saw and believed in when he drafted him. We'll check back down the road and see if you all are still here, or gone on to dish out vile on someone else. Yes I'd prefer a WIN as well, won't settle for nothing less, but put the blame where it belongs and not on one man's shoulders. It's called a TEAM effort, you win as a team and you loose as a team. The Lion's did a nice job and deserve the credit for the win as well, nothing more, nothing less. GO TEXAN'S!!
LuvYaTexans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004   #20
wags
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23 wags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famer

To say either Joey or DC is better right now is pointless. They are both so young and have a decade left in their careers. Let's just agree that as of right now, neither one is Brett Favre.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read