Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-12-2006   #1
thetexanator
All Pro

Rep Power: 4489 thetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Mathis, Freeney, How many sacks?

carr got sacked what 5 times against the eagles? u guys take the over or under on that? im taking the under, i say he goes down 4 times.
thetexanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006   #2
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67501 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll put him down twice. I say that Mario has atleast one sack against the Colts.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006   #3
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll say...three. I don't believe Freeney could get past Pitts and a TE to help him block last time out. We now have two TEs that can block and help out our rookie LT. The guy I see having the better stats is Mathis, seeing as how he has Corey Simon right next to him.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006   #4
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 72911 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Carr will get sacked a lot, but it won't necessarily all be the OLs fault.

They will stuff the run, and take a big lead early, forcing us to go to the air the rest of the game. As a result, Carr attempts 30+ passes and is sacked 4-5 times
Old 09-12-2006   #5
928sniper
Rookie

The Eagles defense is -IMO- vastly superior than the Colts D, so i doubt Carr will be so harried next week.

Also, the Colts O is very one dimensional....but then again, so is the Texans.
928sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006   #6
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3326 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected

Colts D-Line also got completely shut out by the Giants so who knows. Obviously it would be a miracle to go without a sack but one can hope for the best.
dtran04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006   #7
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Per usual when it comes to moments of uncertainty where I am charged to predict the future with a number, I, consequently, defer to the wisdom of Monty Python:

[Holding the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch]

King Arthur: How does it... um... how does it work?

Sir Lancelot: I know not, my liege.

King Arthur: Consult the Book of Armaments.

Brother Maynard: Armaments, chapter two, verses nine through twenty-one.

Cleric: [reading] And Saint Attila raised the hand grenade up on high, saying, "O Lord, bless this thy hand grenade, that with it thou mayst blow thine enemies to tiny bits, in thy mercy." And the Lord did grin. And the people did feast upon the lambs and sloths, and carp and anchovies, and orangutans and breakfast cereals, and fruit-bats and large chu...

Brother Maynard: Skip a bit, Brother...

Cleric: And the Lord spake, saying, "First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.

Brother Maynard: Amen.

All: Amen.

King Arthur: Right. One... two... five.

Galahad: Three, sir.

King Arthur: Three.
Old 09-13-2006   #8
texanfan2100
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan
I'll say...three. I don't believe Freeney could get past Pitts and a TE to help him block last time out. We now have two TEs that can block and help out our rookie LT. The guy I see having the better stats is Mathis, seeing as how he has Corey Simon right next to him.

Simon had his knee scoped during the preaseason, and he's been out. He didn't play against the Giants, and probably won't play against the Texans either.
texanfan2100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006   #9
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 298525 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Carr won't be touched...........

We're going to make the Colts look like a JV team........ a girls JV team.
Old 09-13-2006   #10
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 107589 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss
Carr won't be touched...........

We're going to make the Colts look like a JV team........ a girls JV team.
I think I'm starting to feel you TK. Be my friend and pass me whatever your drinking!
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006   #11
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 27214 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

I think Sherman's working pretty hard on scheming our O-line for the colts game so i'll say 2 +or- 1.
Old 09-13-2006   #12
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

I'll be the pessimist who takes the high number. Colts get 6 sacks. Texans, 0, but Peyton is hurried several times...
Texans Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006   #13
real

I think Meco gets atleast one this week..
Old 09-13-2006   #14
BigDTexansFan
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetexanator
carr got sacked what 5 times against the eagles? u guys take the over or under on that? im taking the under, i say he goes down 4 times.
Freeney and Mathis totalled only 3 sacks in 2 games against Texans offensive line in 2005 Freeney got 1 each game and Mathis 1 in 1st game, overall Colts got 8 in 2 games in 2005. so am going with WAY under
Old 09-13-2006   #15
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I am taking the over.

Kubiak didn't show anything that he will call the right plays to take advantage of those defensive schemes.

Carr will once again be the human pinata.
hollywood_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006   #16
pittbull
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to pittbull

mark my words......Freeney gets no sackes this weekend, especially versus Spencer!!!
Old 09-13-2006   #17
AlbinoRat
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to AlbinoRat

It breaks my heart to say this, but I think he gets put down 7 times. Four by the Defensive Line, Two by Linebackers, and one by Mike Doss. But I say we still keep it within 21 points, and Carr throws for 250 yards and 2 Touchdowns, due to a sucky running attack again.
Old 09-13-2006   #18
F-minus67
Hall of Fame

Freeney=67,303

Mario=1
Old 09-14-2006   #19
samomin
Veteran

I think he only goes down 3 times max (being optimistic). Unless colts have a big lead and we are trying to throw on every down, then my guess is about five. I don't think it will be more than that because our offense in that case won't be on the field that much.

And after last week I am not sure whether our defense will be able to limit the time of possession the colts offense has. I hope Manning sees this a few times at least.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read