Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-12-2006   #1
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Wanna' get angry? Go vote for Demeco and see who's leading Rookie vote

Go vote for Demeco (rookie of the week award) at http://nfl.com/rookies/vote

___________ ___________ leads with 53% (as of Tuesday evening).

Mike Bell ; RB ; Denver Broncos in a close race for second at 16%

Demeco Ryans ; LB ; Houston Texans in a close race for second at 15%
Old 09-12-2006   #2
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 48121 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

No offense, but the rookie of the week should be the rookie who played the best and made the most impact for his team.

That said, Demeco made a lot of tackles, but didn't relaly have any stand out plays. Also, despite tackling well, the Texans lost. I think the rookie of the week should have been the rookie WR for the Saints that caught the game winning TD
Old 09-12-2006   #3
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Laurence Maroney had a better game than Reggie, why isn't he there?
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006   #4
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 48121 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Cortland Finnegan, Tennessee DB
Recorded five tackles, one sack and one forced fumble in the Titans’ 23-16 loss to the New York Jets. Finnegan’s fourth-quarter sack caused a fumble which was recovered by the Titans and led to their game-tying touchdown to make it 16-16 with just less six minutes left in the game.

I take it back. Despite losing the game, this guy had a helluva game!
Old 09-12-2006   #5
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02
No offense, but the rookie of the week should be the rookie who played the best and made the most impact for his team.

That said, Demeco made a lot of tackles, but didn't relaly have any stand out plays. Also, despite tackling well, the Texans lost. I think the rookie of the week should have been the rookie WR for the Saints that caught the game winning TD
12 tackles and 1 assist is nothing to sneeze at, and I don't mind supporting my team's player in rookie of the week/rookie of the year voting.
Old 09-12-2006   #6
NederlandTexan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulexan
Laurence Maroney had a better game than Reggie, why isn't he there?
Because the media only cares about Reggie.
Old 09-12-2006   #7
gtexan02
Working?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulip
12 tackles and 1 assist is nothing to sneeze at, and I don't mind supporting my team's player in rookie of the week/rookie of the year voting.
As did I, just was saying...
Old 09-12-2006   #8
Texans Front Row Crew
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02
As did I, just was saying...
Well, I hope that means that you support DeMeco Ryans. That was an outstanding effort. 12 tackles and 1 assist is a SUPERIOR JOB. There is no reason why we shouldn't be voting for him for Rookie of the week. R. B--h-t did well, and with all the media hype, we will here about his efforts for weeks(good or bad-with spin). Demeco Tackles amost led the league, and is comparible to some well experienced MLB.

J. Vilma, who IMO stole the ROY in '04 started his career with 1 tackle, and two games later (when he started) he had 3 tackles and 5 assists.

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpag.../gamelogs/2004

VOTE DEMECO!!!!

Last edited by Texans Front Row Crew; 09-12-2006 at 08:43 PM.
Texans Front Row Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006   #9
TFL
Veteran

Rep Power: 4909 TFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans Front Row Crew
Well, I hope that means that you support DeMeco Ryans. That was an outstanding effort. 12 tackles and 1 assist is a SUPERIOR JOB. There is no reason why we shouldn't be voting for him for Rookie of the week. R. B--h-t did well, and with all the media hype, we will here about his efforts for weeks(good or bad-with spin). Demeco Tackles amost led the league, and is comparible to some well experienced MLB.

J. Vilma, who IMO stole the ROY in '94 started his career with 1 tackle, and two games later (when he started) he had 3 tackles and 5 assists.

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpag.../gamelogs/2004

VOTE DEMECO!!!!

I think you are meaning '04 not '94
TFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006   #10
Divebomb
Veteran

DANG that punter avg 51 yards a punt! What a leg!!!!
Divebomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006   #11
sk8termom
Rookie

I voted for DeMeco! He had an outstanding game.
Old 09-12-2006   #12
Sportsfan
All Pro

I'm not suprised, Reggie had a helluva first game.
Sportsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006   #13
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69328 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm sorry, but in the saying, stats don't mean anything. (the other players on the board). A avg. of 52.6 yards on 5 punts is the biggest stat line I've ever seen on a kicker, especially in a 9-6 game. Just on field position alone this punter (player) had the biggest effect on his team winning the game. There for, just because a punter will never win "rookie of the week" again in my lifetime, I will vote for Ryan Plackemeier.

Any Punter should be lucky to kick a couple of 52 yarders in one season, but a rookie to kick a avg. of 52.6 on 5 kicks in his first game is unheard of.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006   #14
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1330 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

That is crazy..dang

Anyway, lets do some fun math because im bored
At this pace:
Reggie-976 rushing, 928 receiving (damn!)
DeMeco- 208 tackles (combined them with assists)-(damn!)
Maroney-1440 rushing...

What does this mean? Absoultely nothing, other then the fact I'd rather post on a message board then do homework.
Old 09-12-2006   #15
The Dude Abides
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39 The Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respected

Where's Vince?
Old 09-13-2006   #16
gtexan02
Working?

Combining the last 2 posts you get.....

Young - 48/64, 432 yards, 0 tds, 16 int

yipes
Old 09-13-2006   #17
Titan "Tack" Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 44 Titan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respected

Not to mention Cortland Finnegan played at a D-IAA school. Pretty impressive for his first NFL game...
Old 09-13-2006   #18
SF49erFaithful
Crabtree FTW

Rep Power: 41 SF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respected

I voted for Mike Bell.

BTW, am i the only one that noticed this smiley ------> looks a lot like the Canadian people in South Park?
SF49erFaithful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006   #19
Doom Capers
Veteran

Reggie will win this like every week just because it is what people want to see.
Doom Capers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006   #20
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 17967 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

At least Demeco's the leading defender on here. Hard to compare LB performance to RB performance. Kinda like comparing apples to....nevermind.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read