Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 09-12-2006   #1
thetexanator
All Pro

Rep Power: 3484 thetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respected
Default DC and the dumpoff

could u guys imagine carr doing his dumpoff's to bush, we coulda had a couple more td's if we had bush against the eagles.
thetexanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006   #2
Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetexanator
could u guys imagine carr doing his dumpoff's to bush, we coulda had a couple more td's if we had bush against the eagles.
Keep Dreaming and the NO message board is >>>>>>>> that away.
Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006   #3
bigTEXan8
All Pro

Default ...

blah blah blah blah blah reggie bush is the worlds best blah blah blah blah mario williams sucks...my ears are bleeding.
Old 09-12-2006   #4
CarrIsFine
Rookie

The bottom line is Bush looked like the real deal last Sunday. Texan fans can rationalize and be fine with the #1 pick all day long, but 140 total yards would have helped this team. The guy lined up at WR at least 10 times and looked like he was back in college. These type of posts will not go away, as he is only going to get better.
CarrIsFine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006   #5
Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrIsFine
The bottom line is Bush looked like the real deal last Sunday. Texan fans can rationalize and be fine with the #1 pick all day long, but 140 total yards would have helped this team. The guy lined up at WR at least 10 times and looked like he was back in college. These type of posts will not go away, as he is only going to get better.
Only time will tell. All I have to say right now.
Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006   #6
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1331 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

Quote:
4 yards a carry, 6 yards a catch! WOW!!! Wait? No, not against...uhhh, Cleaveland? Holy crap! One of the two teams that we beat last year....we, of the 2-14 record....great
Old 09-12-2006   #7
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 331516 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The bottom line is Bush looked like the real deal last Sunday.
Some folks are easily impressed--before Reggie is the "real deal" he needs to beat the contribution of an average to slightly above average rookie RB in the games which got his starting role and first start:

7 carries, 59 yds, 8.5 ypc, 22 long--7 rec. 70 yds
27 carries, 129 yds, 4.8 ypc, 16 long--9 rec. 70 yds

Somehow 14 carries, 61 yds, 4 ypc, 18 long--8 rec. 58 yds just doesn't seem soooo wonderful. Yes he has more upside but he has a lot to prove to show he is the $60 mil man.
Old 09-12-2006   #8
bigTEXan8
All Pro

Default ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by run-david-run
4 yards a carry, 6 yards a catch! WOW!!! Wait? No, not against...uhhh, Cleaveland? Holy crap! One of the two teams that we beat last year....we, of the 2-14 record....great

thank you...it was cleveland, i mean c'mon. they weren't playin' baltimore or chicago, or another top tier d. bush is good, don't get me wrong, but i expected bush to do good against the browns. williams will be a force, don't worry about it.
Old 09-12-2006   #9
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I can and that is why we passed on Bush. Who in the world needs a 7 million QB throwing dump offs to an 8 million RB? The TD's Reggie scored in his short NFL career would have helped us on Sunday (since they are easily transfFerable), not to mention the pressure he put on the QB coming off the of the defensive line.
Old 09-12-2006   #10
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 31526 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected

DD averages 8.3 ypc.

The return on investment would yield a loss.
gg no re is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006   #11
Divebomb
Veteran

Could you imagine having all the Bush Homers leave the message board, WHAT BLISS that would be.
Divebomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006   #12
SESupergenius

Come on now, there is a reason Reggie Bush was selected so high, the guy does have talent. There is no doubt he would have helped us out on Sunday because A) He is better than any RB we had on Sunday. B) He is better than any Kick Returner we had on Sunday.

Now the debate can continue about the Bush vs Mario draft, but please don't deny that Bush is a good prospect. And typically running backs have an easier rookie year than most other positions.

Am I saying that Mario Williams is a bust? No. Am I saying we should have selected Bush instead? No. I was in the trade down camp to get D'Brick or D'Angelo Williams. With D'Brick we still would have our growing pains as well. Bush was the only immediate impact player in the top echelon of the draft however because he plays the RB position, all the other just take time.

Last edited by SESupergenius; 09-12-2006 at 06:22 PM.
Old 09-12-2006   #13
Texans86
All Pro

If Bush continues as his current yards per carry and yards per catch averages, he'll at best be an average runnning back. Maybe slightly above average.

Of course I doubt that happens, much like I doubt Mario continues with two tackles a game and one assist. One game means very little in fro personal stats or else we could pencil in Carr to have 3200 yards right now, with sixteen touchdowns and zero interceptions. Let the players play, please.
Old 09-12-2006   #14
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 317168 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SESupergenius
Come on now, there is a reason Reggie Bush was selected so high, the guy does have talent. There is no doubt he would have helped us out on Sunday because A) He is better than any RB we had on Sunday. B) He is better than Kick Returner we had on Sunday.

Now the debate can continue about the Bush vs Mario draft, but please don't deny that Bush is a good prospect. And typically running backs have an easier rookie year than most other positions.

Am I saying that Mario Williams is a bust? No. Am I saying we should have selected Bush instead? No. I was in the trade down camp to get D'Brick or D'Angelo Williams. With D'Brick we still would have our growing pains as well. Bush was the only immediate impact player in the top echelon of the draft however because he plays the RB position, all the other just take time.
Good post, man. I agree.
Old 09-12-2006   #15
CarrIsFine
Rookie

Quote:
Come on now, there is a reason Reggie Bush was selected so high, the guy does have talent. There is no doubt he would have helped us out on Sunday because A) He is better than any RB we had on Sunday. B) He is better than Kick Returner we had on Sunday.

Good post. I just pointed out that Bush looked good,was lining up at WR and could have helped the Texans. I don't care who he was playing, he was the best player on the field and helped his team win. Bush doesn't have to be the bad guy just because Houston didn't pick him.
CarrIsFine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006   #16
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 331516 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Come on now, there is a reason Reggie Bush was selected so high, the guy does have talent.
He is an excellent prospect. I just think it is ridiculous how anything he does at all is treated like proof of his greatness. Heck folks are manufacturing things to be impressed about adding in punt return yards like that was a big deal. Dude averged 7.3 yds per return--JJ Moses averaged 8.6 yds per return his last year with the Texans. He had a decent game and will undoubtedly have some great games this year--his athleticism lets him really exploit any mistake such as on his 18 yd run last weekend when one defender hit him with his shoulder instead of wrapping up after about 3 yds. That said his performance is this particular game wasn't earth shattering or proof he is worth 50% more than other RB's in the league.
Old 09-12-2006   #17
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

The thing I like most about Bush is his work ethic. Sure he's a showboater, and sure he's a pretty boy, but when it comes down to, he wants to be the very best. That kid is unbelievably motivated.

I'm not saying that Williams isn't, but it does scare me that other posters have said he took plays off in college, and may have that tendency at the pro level.
Old 09-12-2006   #18
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP

Domanick Davis averaged 6 yards per carry in his first pro game.

No running back is worth #1 money in the NFL today.
Old 09-12-2006   #19
BradK10
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to BradK10 Send a message via Yahoo to BradK10

Quote:
delete thread ban user
Old 09-12-2006   #20
TFL
Veteran

Rep Power: 4909 TFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respectedTFL is a quality contributor and well respected

yeah i also think he could of applied a pass rush and helped in pass coverage also

TFL is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read