Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-12-2006   #1
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Gary Kubiak ranks #21 in NFL coaches Approval Poll.

Apparently 64% of fans approve of the way Kubiak and co. are coaching the Texans, while only 36% disprove of his job so far. Not bad given the chicken little response seen on the board (Me included, although i still totally approve of Kub).

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/sportsnation/ratings
Old 09-12-2006   #2
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 127251 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

I totally approve of Kubiak's job.

The Texans will be a winner.

It will very interesting to compare last years roster to next seasons roster,
when he has more time to bring in his type of players.
Old 09-12-2006   #3
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

I imagine Capers would have had a rousing 1%, with Bobo being the lone supporter lol
Old 09-12-2006   #4
tsip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 tsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVP

Why isn't Gary ranked higher, especially so early in the year? Of the 10 new HC's, 6 are ranked above Kubiak and only 3 below--#21 out of #32 means our HC is ranked almost in the bottom 1/3 of the NFL--what's up with this?

Last edited by tsip; 09-12-2006 at 06:35 PM.
tsip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006   #5
gtexan02
Working?

Technically since there are 32 teams, 1 third of this is 10.666, so the bototm third would be coaches 22 and below.
</stupid post>

Last edited by gtexan02; 09-12-2006 at 06:18 PM.
gtexan02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006   #6
Sarg01
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsip
Why isn't Gary ranked higher, especially so early in the year? Of the 10 new HC's, 6 are ranked above Kubiak and only 3 below--#21 out of #32 means our HC is ranked in the bottom 1/3 of the NFL--what's up with this?
Well, Kubiak got to start off his tenure with two pretty big decisions. Keeping Carr and drafting Mario Williams. None of the other new coaches had controversy at that level.
Sarg01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006   #7
tsip
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarg01
Well, Kubiak got to start off his tenure with two pretty big decisions. Keeping Carr and drafting Mario Williams. None of the other new coaches had controversy at that level.
If I believed in excuses, I'll bet I could find one for every NFL coach listed being ranked where they are--

You know, if excuses translated into victories, the Texans would never lose a game==you 'bring' it here, we can find an excuse for it....
Sponsored links
Old 09-12-2006   #8
tsip
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02
Technically since there are 32 teams, 1 third of this is 10.666, so the bototm third would be coaches 22 and below.
</stupid post>
in the real world, 10.66 would be rounded up to 11--what would that give you?
Old 09-12-2006   #9
gtexan02
Working?

That would mean that coaches 1-11 are top 1/3. Coaches 12-22 are middle 1/3. And coaches 23-32 are Lowest third.
Old 09-26-2006   #10
Nbkan
Rookie

Send a message via ICQ to Nbkan Send a message via AIM to Nbkan Send a message via MSN to Nbkan

Kubes dropped down a bit, but nothing compared to Coughlin's droppoff NY fans are hardcore. For New Yorkers, you are only as good as your last game.
Old 09-26-2006   #11
kubiakfan
Rookie

Yes I agree with what he is doing, but than again I am a fan of Gary Kubiak he did an excellent job in Denver when he was there, just wait he will come back and his team will be good, he is to good not for the team to be good. it may take one month, or one year but he will become a top rated coach.

I may not be a texan fan, but I am a kubiak fan.
Old 09-26-2006   #12
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 108211 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

as stated earlier, i think a lot has to do with carr and even more with mario. to take over a 2-14 team with very little talent and almost no coaching is going to be difficult for anyone, but i approve with most of what he's done so far and have full faith that he's the right guy to build a winning franchise. he's the coach i wanted the texans to hire from the get-go though, so he's going to have to screw up pretty bad for me to be disappointed, and that's simply not possible this early in his tenure.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read