Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-12-2006   #1
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default ESPN Power Rankings: Texans slip to #27

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/powerr...=2&season=2006

Interesting power rankings this week. I'm surprised we didn't fall further, to be honest, based on how ESPN usually views us. And no commenton the OL? Interesting.
Old 09-12-2006   #2
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Here is an analysis of our strength of schedule according to the NFL power rankings:

(Projected Win/Loss based on Ranking only)

PHILADELPHIA EAGLES (11) - L
@ Indianapolis Colts (2) - L
WASHINGTON REDSKINS (20) - L
MIAMI DOLPHINS (16) - L
@ Dallas Cowboys (15) - L
JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS (5) - L
@ Tennessee Titans (29) - W
@ New York Giants (14) - L
@ Jacksonville Jaguars (5) - L
BUFFALO BILLS (26) - L
@ New York Jets (23) - L
@ Oakland Raiders (31) - W
TENNESSEE TITANS (29) - W
@ New England Patriots (10) - L
INDIANAPOLIS COLTS (2) - L
CLEVELAND BROWNS (28) - W

Our average opponent rank: 16.6
Playoff teams (top 12): 6
Top 10 teams: 5
Middle 12 teams: 5
Bottom 10 teams: 6

Projected Record (assuming higher ranked teams win) = 4-12-0
Old 09-12-2006   #3
Rightnow
Veteran

Don't worry, after we lose this week we will be one of the botton four.

The list is accurate. Even though we lost, the Browns, Titans, 49er's, Raiders and Packers are worse. Even if we lose this week and they all win we may not make 32. The Packers and Raiders truly are terrible this year.
Old 09-12-2006   #4
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02

Interesting power rankings this week. I'm surprised we didn't fall further, to be honest, based on how ESPN usually views us. And no commenton the OL? Interesting.
What is up with the ESPN inferiority complex around here? Contrary to popular belief, ESPN does not hate Houston or have some sort of anti-Houston agenda. When you lose you drop in ranks, makes sense huh? There were teams below us that looked better and some that won. So please do us all a favor and stop blaming ESPN and whining that your pee pee hurts. It's not ESPN's fault that our FO have made the decisions that they have made....I am sure it's ESPN's fault that the Astros and Rockets stunk this year too, huh?

Win = move up in rankings
Lose = move down in rankings

its pretty damn simple....and not the fault of the *adopts southern drawl* 'liberal east coast yankee jew run media'....

doug from the woodlands
Second Honeymoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006   #5
Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02

I agree it is interesting that they mention the running back position and Kubiak then no mention of ...... you know who. Some kid NO took with the second pick. (realy cant beleive they let that one slide editor must have be in the can.)
Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006   #6
gtexan02
Working?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon
What is up with the ESPN inferiority complex around here? Contrary to popular belief, ESPN does not hate Houston or have some sort of anti-Houston agenda. When you lose you drop in ranks, makes sense huh? There were teams below us that looked better and some that won. So please do us all a favor and stop blaming ESPN and whining that your pee pee hurts. It's not ESPN's fault that our FO have made the decisions that they have made....I am sure it's ESPN's fault that the Astros and Rockets stunk this year too, huh?

Win = move up in rankings
Lose = move down in rankings

its pretty damn simple....and not the fault of the *adopts southern drawl* 'liberal east coast yankee jew run media'....

doug from the woodlands

Holy goodness, get off your horse already. I wasn't saying that ESPN hates us, I was saying that ESPN doesn't give a ******* about us (and maybe rightly so, we were 2-14 last year). Because they don't care about us, they ALWAYS post about our OL or the MW vs. RB debate, and I for one was surprised they didn't do that in the power rankings. Thats all I was saying. if you'd read my other post, I for one think ESPN was RIGHT in only focusing on our OL all offseason (I used to htink they were ignorant of our changes, but I guess not) since we still gave up 5 sacks in game 1.

I'm so sick of this talking down to other poster crap, that now you have me whining about you whining about people whining! Quit demeaning other posters on this board or go to the Colts MB
Old 09-12-2006   #7
Titan "Tack" Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 44 Titan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respected

What I don't like about the list is they are still using last year to rank the teams. Seattle should be like #15 after the way they played, the Ravens should be top 3.....you get my point
Old 09-12-2006   #8
LORK 88
Wreck'em Ŧech!

Rep Power: 202 LORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to LORK 88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan "Tack" Fan
What I don't like about the list is they are still using last year to rank the teams. Seattle should be like #15 after the way they played, the Ravens should be top 3.....you get my point
Agreed, but thats the way its always been. Thats why when ESPN and all the other mainstream football outlets do a 2006 preview, its better known as a 2005 review. With that said, we could be afew spots higher, but we got to earn it until then.
Old 09-12-2006   #9
Mysteryhunt
Veteran

they picked the giants to lose to the eagles too, giving them the same 0-2 as we probably will have and the giants are much better than us. so we shouldnt feel bad if we take a few early season losses right?
Mysteryhunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006   #10
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4466 painekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Hey I would be happy with the 6th pick in the 2007 draft. I really would.
painekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006   #11
DeclanJr
Rookie

I hate to talk about the draft this early in the season, there is still a lot more football to be played. However, I think we will definately be in the running for a high draft pick, but I do see a few more W's on the schedule that are not projected based on our rankings (the Cowboys). I'm just happy the team came out and engineered a scoring drive in the first quarter and led the Eagles for as long as they did. Until Mario has a sack or two and we win a ballgame, we are going to stay in the cellar (by ESPN standards). That's just what I think...
DeclanJr is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read