Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Theres still hope for us yet !!!!

CyberTexan

Waterboy
Well with the Colts beating the Titans , that leaves Titans 1-1 , Colts 1-1 , and Jags 2-0 , I for one cant see how the Jags are 2 and 0 but they are , they have got to be the luckiest team in the NFL right now , won both games in the final seconds this one with a fumble recovery before the Broncos could kick to win the game . so just because we are 0 and 2 we arent out of anything , except for the tuff schedule coming up makes things even tougher , but the Jags have the Titans and Colts coming up next which I think they will be 2-2 after those .

0-2 is one thing, but we're looking at another 5 win season right now. Plus, Indianapolis and Tennessee will have easier games to play--like against us. :thumbdown

Yep, think positive!!! That's a great idea!!!

If we lose 3 to 70, 88 is gonna have a party!!! YAY!!! WE GOT A FIELD GOAL! YEAAAAAH!!!!!!

jeez, i guess i'm not a true fan cuz i dont get pissed off if we lose by 12

someone please have pity for me.

the fact is, everyone on this board has too high of expectations. just enjoy what you have and run with it. the team is good and I couldnt be happier with the players the texans have. sure, i'd like some things changed, but i'm not going to cry about it on a message board. I have more respect for the texans than to do that.

Actually, I'm really happy with the players we have, too. I just REALLY don't like the way one of them is playing right now. He's just lost 2 games in a row for the entire team. I'm not sure if I like all of the coaching staff or not. It's hard to judge them when Davis is messing up so bad and I think we would be 2-0 right now, if not for 4 fumbles and 3 interceptions. Make it 1 fumble and 2 interceptions, like it ought to be, and we are a strong 2-0, probably with decisive wins (albeit against one decent team and one subpar). I have small complaints like needing more pressure on the quarterback, which they did better on against Detroit, I think, and getting the passing game a little more involved, but turnovers are killing us.

You want to hear some positive? OK

Andrea Johnson is a freaking monster and Cory Bradford aint bad either. Carr is on his way (not completely there yet, though) and the O-line is looking MUCH IMPROVED. Davis's effort is astounding (he's just careless with the ball). No complaints here about the half-back. Why do they call the half-back a full-back? He's half-way back to the tail-back. The tail-back is a full-back is a runningback, and so is the half-back a runningback, but he's not a full-back because he's not fully back, you see. idonno:

Babin is a RB's nightmare and he does get to the QB some. Jamie Sharper is the real life version of that nightmare and Foreman is no slouch. Payne is big. He's just big. That will do. The D-lineman are good, we're just missing one (3-4). We have 3 great CB's, but one of them is playing safety and another is making rookie mistakes (understandably). Our punter has mucho horsepower and I don't see us missing a lot of field goals. None, as a matter of fact.

Oh, and our cheerleaders are basically hot and the uniforms are pretty good (I mean the players uniforms, actually).
The stadium rocks and the astrodome could be a big nice parking lot.

We need one more thing....WINS! I know Double Drop is our best RB, but he's playing like he has mental problems, lol. What I really think is that he's trying too hard to actually make a run at 2000 yds. and he's forgetting about the team and keeping possession of the football. He's guilty of trying too hard and in a careless and risky way. He's gambling with the teams record by pushing for those extra few yards on every play, because he wants to be a super stud. There are 2 ways for an RB to lose credit with me. One is lack of effort (not getting the yardage), which DD has no problem with, and 2 is carelessness, which is usually caused by "I want to be the very best stud in the history of the game--RIGHT NOW." I'm seeing risky moves, which are attempts at breaking it wide open, at the expense of a team that just needs to keep possession of the ball. Instead of ALWAYS trying to fake out and outmaneuvre, he needs to try wrapping both of those arms around the ball most of the time. You shouldn't take that second arm off the ball until there is nobody in front of you and it really has become a footrace. He can see that he's probably about to get hit, but he still doesn't wrap up the ball like he should. On the last fumble, the announcer said, "And he did it again!!!" That's pretty much how I felt. He should've already been out of the game.

texansfan88 said:
.. the fact is, everyone on this board has too high of expectations. just enjoy what you have and run with it. the team is good and I couldnt be happier with the players the texans have. sure, i'd like some things changed, but i'm not going to cry about it on a message board. I have more respect for the texans than to do that.
It's great that you are 'a true fan' enjoying these games and happy with the players and their performance. :rolleyes: Must be your first professional team to ever watch if you can respect what they are doing.
Most of the rest can see what is happening. Shame on everyone else ...
wanting better coaching and playing ...
as in: wanting the team to do what they are capable of !!...
Must fall under the TOUGH LOVE category.

Jags 2-0 , I for one cant see how the Jags are 2 and 0 but they are....

The Jags are 2-0 because of the play of the "D". The Texans should try and find one of their own. :woot

texansfan88 said:
jeez, i guess i'm not a true fan cuz i dont get pissed off if we lose by 12

someone please have pity for me.

the fact is, everyone on this board has too high of expectations. just enjoy what you have and run with it. the team is good and I couldnt be happier with the players the texans have. sure, i'd like some things changed, but i'm not going to cry about it on a message board. I have more respect for the texans than to do that.

I think I hear team owners all over the NFL laughing.

the Jaq's are 2-0 because of Jack beerlover del Rio's positive attitude, I'm not one to believe in luck. As far as the Texans defense I think they are right on course this early in the season because of all the new, inexperienced and returning from injury players, I think any resonable Texan fan should be patient other than figuring out a way to be more effective pressuring the QB. After the bye week ( oh look, its the Jaquars coming to town) the Texans defense, assuming they stay healthy & continue to develop will be a disruptive and difficult team to score upon. Thats realistic & positive.

the Texans offense needs to aquire confidence and fast, I fully expected them to carry the defense while they developed, their inability and failure to do so has set the program back a year. When Carr has good spacing & protection in the pocket, he sets well and delivers down the field with accuracy but its hard when he does'nt have the time & thats why he has to keep dumping to Davis underneath, the offensive line needs to become more familar with each other & provide David with protection.

the only reason Davis is fumbling so much is because he's trying too hard, there is no way I will ever bash a man for giving 110%. You should all be ashamed of critizing Dominack Davis, he is a special player & person. It's time to move on with Gafney & Bradford on the other hand, I'd like to see Armstrong move at least to the 3 if not the 2, give Starling the kick-off return duties & limit JJ Moses to punt returns only. I know JJ is a Texans favorite yeah I like him too but he does not have the ability to strike fear into opposing special teams & right now the Texans need some explosiveness on special teams that is positive :soapbox:

you dont have to get pissed off 88.. you just need to shut your hole and quit expecting everyone to be as ignorant as you.

We have a great team.. with alot of very talented players.. and they have NOT been playing up to their potential.

I find that disappointing, and it pisses me off... you may just be happy as a pig in **** no matter what happens.. but some of us take pride in our team and want them to play as well as they are capable of. I guess we dont all share your underachieving values.

So yah.. some of us are going to be angry after a loss.. some of us are going to pick apart a game and talk about what we did wrong.. some of us are going to get worried about the future of the season when we put up back to back losses like this. Some of us are going to wonder about the stability of our coaching when it seems like we are incapable of adapting and are easily read by the opposing team.

Does that make ANYONE a worse fan?

The way I see it, a good fan is someone who loves their team.. backs them up every game.. but knows enough about the game too understand what their team is capable of, and what they arent capable of, and still beleives in them even when their weaknesses are evident. I love my texans and there isnt a game on their schedule that they arent capable of winning.. but we will lose all of them if we dont put a stop to the turnovers, and hold them on 3rd and long. Do you deny that those two issues are a problem for us? im betting you dont.. the only difference is that some of us like to make posts about it and start a discussion.. and you prefer to spout out a bunch of homer bull**** and ignore the facts, for fear that your status as a texans fan would be tarnished by ever mentioning something slightly negative about them.

Optimism is great.. be optimistic... but dont be ignorant and blind while you do it. and please quit telling everyone how terrible a fan they are for discussing the cold hard facts.

oh and btw.. the whole crying on a message board thing.. get with the times :P.. this is how fans mingle nowadays. People dont come here to bad mouth the texans, they come here to discuss them with other people who care about them.

I think his point is that, yes be pissed off all you want, but there's no point in repeating the same crying over and over on a message board. We've gotta take what we can get for now and since we can't change anything, just hope for the best and quit calling for everyones head. Remember a few years ago when there was no Houston football team? Sure everyone has the "right" to complain, but putting it into perspective, this isn't such a bad deal.

My hope is that these two losses sends a real shockwave up and down the organization and pushes everyone to perform better next Sunday.

ledzeppelin269 said:
I think his point is that, yes be pissed off all you want, but there's no point in repeating the same crying over and over on a message board. We've gotta take what we can get for now and since we can't change anything, just hope for the best and quit calling for everyones head. Remember a few years ago when there was no Houston football team? Sure everyone has the "right" to complain, but putting it into perspective, this isn't such a bad deal.

My hope is that these two losses sends a real shockwave up and down the organization and pushes everyone to perform better next Sunday.

The man's right. We don't even HAVE a team in Sacramento. You guys are pretty lucky. :thumbup

JaguarsFan1 said:

The Jags are 2-0 because of the play of the "D". The Texans should try and find one of their own. :woot

Ya that's real funny since our D was ranked 31st last year and now it's 11th, one spot in front of your Jags! :woot

Doug said:
Ya that's real funny since our D was ranked 31st last year and now it's 11th, one spot in front of your Jags! :woot

I'm assuming you're talking about total defense. That's fine and all, but the Jags run D is flat out dominating. They haven't allowed a 100 yard rusher in the past 17 games, and judging by their first two games they don't let you in the end zone very easily. I could care less about the Jags and Jag fans, but to imply that our D is on the same level as theirs is a bit off.

CaliforniaTexan said:
The man's right. We don't even HAVE a team in Sacramento. You guys are pretty lucky. :thumbup

We have a baseball team but I'd trade you any day so your pretty lucky too. Go A's & Dotell :thumbup

beerlover said:
We have a baseball team but I'd trade you any day so your pretty lucky too. Go A's & Dotell :thumbup

Yea, the Rivercats have won back to back PCL Championships. We got the Kings, but I'm not a basketball fan. At Dotel has been pretty good for us A's, thanks alot. :)

JaguarsFan1 said:

Texans 11th overall in defense, Jaguars 12th overall. Huh? What?

Jaguars 32nd overall in offense, Texans 10th overall. :rofl:

It's all about the turnovers.

Back