Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-12-2006   #1
Frills
Veteran

Default Our O-Line looked great

Compared to the Raiders
Frills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006   #2
Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frills
Compared to the Raiders
Good one got me on the thread title. And your right Merriman looked like a a mad-man last night. Game that made my weekend was Washington lost and thay get to visit the Cowgirls this weekend.
Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006   #3
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 98407 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frills
Compared to the Raiders
No kidding! That was the 2005 Texans right there. I wonder how long Brooks is going to be the starter. Not that it was all his fault, but he looked bad too.
Old 09-12-2006   #4
Cgold
Rookie

I didnt think i could possibly hate the raiders anymore than i already did, but i was wrong..I was down 2 points in my fantasy league with Janikowski playing tonight.. and i all i needed was one field goal.. and they couldnt even do that!!!

Oh how i hate the raiders..

and yes their line is HORRIBLE!!! Robert Gallery..hah..what a waste of a number 2 pick
Cgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006   #5
Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX
No kidding! That was the 2005 Texans right there. I wonder how long Brooks is going to be the starter. Not that it was all his fault, but he looked bad too.
Raiders picked up Brooks for one reason. Brady Quinn. Thay will pick first this year.
Old 09-12-2006   #6
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 98407 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry
Raiders picked up Brooks for one reason. Brady Quinn. Thay will pick first this year.
Maybe they should've hung on to Jeff George.
Old 09-12-2006   #7
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
I missed the game, but wanted to comment that the 2005 team could run block pretty well. How did the Raiders do in the running game?
Texans Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-12-2006   #8
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oso
I missed the game, but wanted to comment that the 2005 team could run block pretty well. How did the Raiders do in the running game?
Like this:RUSHING
ATT YDS TD LG
J. Fargas 5 35 0 15
A. Brooks 3 27 0 14
L. Jordan 10 20 0 4
A. Walter 2 5 0 5
Old 09-12-2006   #9
Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry
Veteran

Quote:
Maybe they should've hung on to Jeff George.
Know matter whats said about JG I've always liked him realy dont know why just have. With jeff (to me anyway) your team has a chance to win. Raiders dont want to win thay are playing for first pick and a new coach Shell is a temp. this year till Davis finds another sucker to coach his team.
Old 09-12-2006   #10
wrestler4life
Veteran

Penalty wise, they have to be the dumbest freakin team in the NFL.
They were awful last night, and their line had a bad game. But I would love to have Gallery on David's blindside.
Old 09-12-2006   #11
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestler4life
Penalty wise, they have to be the dumbest freakin team in the NFL.
They were awful last night, and their line had a bad game. But I would love to have Gallery on David's blindside.
Normally I would agree with you on Gallery, but last night he was flat out beat. Maybe it was the offensive scheme, don't know. Far from impressive.
Old 09-12-2006   #12
SESupergenius

Merriman makes Gallery look like a 3rd stringer. Let's hope that we can regain the running game for the Colts. SNiFF! SNiff!
Old 09-12-2006   #13
MightyTExan
It's go time!

Rep Power: 14294 MightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Moss wants out...........
Ditka said defense is back this season and to be prepared to see some shutouts.
MightyTExan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006   #14
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Gallery just got beat by quickness. I know he can hold his own against a bull rush, but Merriman just got Gallery out of position alot.

This shows you why pure left tackles are so rare.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006   #15
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 94442 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Prediction: Moss will have a meltdown soon!
Old 09-12-2006   #16
Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBCooper
Prediction: Moss will have a meltdown soon!
My prediction: not before tuna or T.O. have there's
Old 09-12-2006   #17
Frills
Veteran

First Meltdown

R. Moss -235
Tuna & T.O. +215
Frills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006   #18
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Wow, I did a double take on the title. I did not see the game, they looked worse?
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006   #19
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1330 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cgold
I didnt think i could possibly hate the raiders anymore than i already did, but i was wrong..I was down 2 points in my fantasy league with Janikowski playing tonight.. and i all i needed was one field goal.. and they couldnt even do that!!!

Oh how i hate the raiders..

and yes their line is HORRIBLE!!! Robert Gallery..hah..what a waste of a number 2 pick
Going into the game I was up by 6 with Antonio Gates the only player remaining on either team. Scores a 4th quarter TD and I lose by one! F%^%ing Raiders!
Old 09-12-2006   #20
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1330 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

Yeah, I was watching the game and relapsed into "David, throw the ball!!" before I relized it was Aaron Brooks...ughh, the flashbacks to the 2005 season are hard to take...

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read