Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-12-2006   #1
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 31248 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Cut Blocks?

Where were they? I know many people aren't a fan of them, but Denver uses them as well an Atlanta in there blocking schemes. Maybe we used them and I didn't notice, but everyone I saw was straight up blocking. I just think that if they had the fear of somone taking out their legs then they would be apprehensive about bull rushing so much. I don't want to see anyone get career ending injuries, but I think you can properly use this type of blocking technique and not hurt anyone. Did somone see them used and I missed it? How do you all feel about using these type blocks?
Old 09-12-2006   #2
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 17967 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

I first heard about them when San Francisco used them under Bill Walsh. I don't think that they were really legal then, but they got away with it. Lots of knee injuries have happened that way.

I'm sure there's plenty of other people around here that know more about cut blocks than me.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006   #3
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 48121 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

If done properly, they are effective and non-injury causing.
With the new rules, they are much safeer than they used to be, meaning you can't cut at someone in specific ways and below the belt.

Anyway, last night I saw a nasty cut block on Shawn Merriam from an Oak player, which slowed him down for a few plays. Once he got his confidence back, though, well, you saw (3 sacks!)
Old 09-12-2006   #4
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 31248 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah, I know that there are certain rules regarding using cut blocks, such as while a person is already engaged with another blocker and so on. I remember reading an article about our new offensive scheme and it had quoted from some of our offensive line men and they talked about the use of these type blocks. I can't remember who said it, but he said that they will use them and they were effective. I don't have a link to the article, wish I did. Anyways, I would like to see this team start to implement certain aspects of the Denver system into our club that will allow us a better chance to be succesful. (I'm not implying that we purpously hurt opposing tem players, just block them succesfully)
Old 09-12-2006   #5
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

I saw a couple of cut blocks during the Texans game, but I didn't see many, and they didn't seem to work well. The line has some work to do.
Texans Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006   #6
RiotCommander
All Pro

Send a message via ICQ to RiotCommander Send a message via AIM to RiotCommander

What I'm encouraged about is this week we should be able to run the ball. That alone should open up the playaction and bootlegs. I think we are going to play the Colts much better then the Eagles.

I'm not going to go out on a limb and predict a win, but I hope in the 4th we have a chance to win the game. Thats really all you should be able to ask out of our team at their home.
Old 09-12-2006   #7
Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotCommander
What I'm encouraged about is this week we should be able to run the ball. That alone should open up the playaction and bootlegs. I think we are going to play the Colts much better then the Eagles.

I'm not going to go out on a limb and predict a win, but I hope in the 4th we have a chance to win the game. Thats really all you should be able to ask out of our team at their home.
Agree we should be better at running the ball this week, but our DEF. better get on the plane and show up in Indy. if they dont we will not win a gun fight aginst Manning he will light up our secondary. Coach has some big game planing to do.
Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read