Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 09-12-2006   #1
MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS
Veteran

Default Early Picks For The Heisman Trophy This Year ?

I know it's a little early, but was wondering who you all like for the Heisman this year? I would like to be able to look back on this around trophy time, to see how we all played out..........
Old 09-12-2006   #2
texanforlife
Rookie

Adrian Peterson
texanforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006   #3
hot pickle
Canada Eh

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

The way Ted Ginn Jr. is playin, right now i will say Ginn
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006   #4
profan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS
I know it's a little early, but was wondering who you all like for the Heisman this year? I would like to be able to look back on this around trophy time, to see how we all played out..........
Ohio State quaterback.
profan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006   #5
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Adrian Peterson
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006   #6
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Brady Quinn
Old 09-12-2006   #7
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Troy Smith. QB Ohio State University. Had two very very impressive games.
Old 09-12-2006   #8
MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS
Veteran

All sound good..........anyone else?
Old 09-12-2006   #9
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawzer
Troy Smith. QB Ohio State University. Had two very very impressive games.
With the mad pub ESPN is giving that guy, oh yeah.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006   #10
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Smith or AP. Maybe Quinn, but he did not look so great in his first game. Earlier I would have said Slaton has a chnce, but last week he only had 8 rushes.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006   #11
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4466 painekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Smith Ohio ST
Peterson Ok.
Quinn ND

They are the top 3 currently. And I believe in that order right now.
painekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006   #12
Texans86
All Pro

Here's what MSN has to say about the heisman watch.

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/5746512
Old 09-13-2006   #13
real

Smith
Old 09-13-2006   #14
Farough
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 880 Farough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Farough

I'm still going to have to pick Brady Quinn. He hasn't shown anything for me to think he does not deserve it. Even when being pressured he makes the right decisions
Old 09-13-2006   #15
Snapple
Veteran

Troy Smith, because he's playing the best. He's outperforming all other QBs right now, and he didn't miss a step hardly against the Texas defense IN Austin.

Peterson may be the most talented RB out there, but he's not getting numbers like it. There are other RBs out there, and while it's not Peterson's fault that every team stacks the box against him, I also don't think Oklahoma is going to run the table.

They don't give Heisman trophies to teams that aren't in the top ten. It's not for the best player. It's for the best player on the best team. That might not be fair, but that's the way the system works.
Snapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006   #16
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

Early pick for the Raiders 1st overall pick, Brady Quinn.
Old 09-13-2006   #17
Titan "Tack" Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 44 Titan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respected

WVU's running back. Steve Slaton.
Old 09-13-2006   #18
HomeBred_Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 HomeBred_Texan is a Pro BowlerHomeBred_Texan is a Pro Bowler

Too early to tell right now, but I have 3 that I am watching closely/

Brady Quinn
Adriann Peterson
Alex Smith

I see the Raiders going for the first pick overall and taking Brady Quinn
I see the Packers going for the 2nd pick overall and taking Adriann Peterson
Then the Titans, but no clue yet who they will take... OL I think...
Old 09-13-2006   #19
AlbinoRat
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to AlbinoRat

I'm going way out on a limb here, but depending on what happens at Tennessee saturday, I'm saying Chris Leak. In the spread offense, he's just padding stats, their also my sleeper for National Champions.
Old 09-13-2006   #20
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbinoRat
I'm going way out on a limb here, but depending on what happens at Tennessee saturday, I'm saying Chris Leak. In the spread offense, he's just padding stats, their also my sleeper for National Champions.
No bias since you live there.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read