Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-11-2006   #1
BigDTexansFan
All Pro

Default John "I Hate The Texans" McClain Hegative reporting

I found these 2 on KFFL.com

Texans | Carr sacked yet again
Sun, 10 Sep 2006 19:11:05 -0700

John McClain, of the Houston Chronicle, reports Houston Texans QB David Carr was sacked five times Week 1, versus the Philadelphia Eagles. Carr also threw for 208 yards and one touchdown on 18 of 27 passing.

Texans | Running game struggles in loss
Sun, 10 Sep 2006 19:09:39 -0700

John McClain, of the Houston Chronicle, reports Houston Texans RB Wali Lundy and RB Vernand Morency combined for only 45 yards on 16 carries Week 1, versus the Philadelphia Eagles.

Sad that he has such a man crush on VY/RB, that he says oh yeah almost forgot DC had 208 yards and 1 TD no INTs AND QB rating of 102.1...guess he didn't want to seem like he really is....JERK!!!
Old 09-11-2006   #2
travfrancis
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 travfrancis is on the Pro-Bowl ballottravfrancis is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to travfrancis

Quote:
I'm amazed at the e-mails I received during and after the game criticizing David Carr. Were we watching the same game? Carr was getting bombarded from every direction, including pass rushers harassing him untouched, and I thought he played one of his best games. He was 18-of-27 for 208 yards and a 25-yard touchdown to Eric Moulds. Carr didn't throw an interception. He didn't lose a fumble. His passer rating was 102.1. Seeing Carr with a triple-digit rating is almost shocking.

I'm not saying Carr played great because he didn't. I'm just saying for anyone who knows anything about football, he looked a lot better than last season. He got the ball off quick, and, for the most part, he was on target. There's not a quarterback in the NFL who could have thrown a more perfect pass than the 44-yarder he laid in perfectly to Andre Johnson.
http://blogs.chron.com/nfl/
travfrancis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006   #3
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2271 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

im not seeing it.. sounds like hes reporting the truth to me. Now if he was reporting that Mario Williams was a bust, or we should have taken Bush, or if he said that Carr was terrible, or ...well..anything along those lines.. id agree with ya.

But..hes basicly just said the truth..Carr got sacked too many times, again, and our running game was shut down hardcore.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006   #4
valleytexfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 274 valleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Simply put, I AM SICK OF JOHN MCCLAIN.
valleytexfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006   #5
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3261 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Like Grid said, he's reporting the truth. He is the reporter.

What else was he supposed to say? "David Carr had the prettiest 5 sack performance up to date, and surpased the 2002 San Diego game in the rankings"?
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006   #6
Txn_in_Oki
Lucky 13

Rep Power: 21276 Txn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respected

Shipleys | Glazed Are Going, Going, Gone
Mon, 11 Sep 2006 19:11:05 -0700

John McClain, of the Houston Chronicle, reports that Shipley's Donuts, in conjunction with the Houston Texans, will be giving away free, yes FREE glazed donuts in direct proportion to how many times John McClain mentions Reggie Bush or Vince Young in this seasons upcoming sports pages.

---------------------------

Damn I wish I was in Houston.

Mmmmm.... Shipley's...
Old 09-11-2006   #7
Honch Delgado
Veteran

Go to the Houston Chronicle and click on some of McClain's stuff. It's pretty much the same thing being repeated here. The running game sucked, the defense sucked, Mario Williams was invisible, and Carr was sacked 5 times. He's just speaking the truth. Where are you super passionate fans during the game? I watched it from start to finish and the crowd noise was lousy.
Old 09-11-2006   #8
Houston_Fanatic
Veteran

Rep Power: 1007 Houston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedHouston_Fanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah, he's reporting the facts, but he is putting a very negative spin on it. We don't need lip gloss on a pig, but we get enough negative crap from ESPN, thankyouverymuch.
Houston_Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006   #9
Mr. B
Rookie

Well on 610 this morning he gave Carr his kudos. But man between John/Lance/John all you heard was RB, RB, RB. Sheesh it was actually irratating. I don't have anything against him and think he will be a good back but people are taking this a bit far.

RB had a nice game but you would have thought he ran for 300, caught for 200 and returned 100. Plus it was stinkin Cleveland. Seemed like they kept trying to say without saying it that the Texans screwed up and should have taken Bush to start that mess all over again.

Thing is I like Lance on the morning show but this morning he had his wanker on Bush so bad. He even stated something to the fact that RB is already hands down the Rookie of the year and second coming of Barry Sanders. Hell guess no one else should bother trying to be Rookie of the year cause between these guys and Rome its RB locked up already after a nothing so special game.

They didn't have to much to say about there boy VY though.
Mr. B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006   #10
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 12366 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by valleytexfan
i don't respect him too much, but i understand that he's just trying to earn a living.
Old 09-11-2006   #11
Divebomb
Veteran

News Flash, John McClain has recently been seen taking Female Hormones for his upcomming role in "The B!T@H". Its a story about a big mouth reporter who talkes nonstop about himself on radio interviews. The character realizes all he is good at is talking crap about the city he works in, and kissing the ***** of every northern based media personell, that he finds himself sinking further and further into disregard by the people in the community. After seeing the whopping 3 seconds of fame in Invincible, and reading his B.S. sports reviews, hollywood knew they found the perfect homer for the job.
Divebomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006   #12
Snapple
Veteran

If you consider the facts too harsh, then shut yourself off from any and all media. Nobody is going to sugarcoat how bad the performance was.
Snapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006   #13
Koolbrz
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. B
Well on 610 this morning he gave Carr his kudos. But man between John/Lance/John all you heard was RB, RB, RB. Sheesh it was actually irratating. I don't have anything against him and think he will be a good back but people are taking this a bit far.

RB had a nice game but you would have thought he ran for 300, caught for 200 and returned 100. Plus it was stinkin Cleveland. Seemed like they kept trying to say without saying it that the Texans screwed up and should have taken Bush to start that mess all over again.

Thing is I like Lance on the morning show but this morning he had his wanker on Bush so bad. He even stated something to the fact that RB is already hands down the Rookie of the year and second coming of Barry Sanders. Hell guess no one else should bother trying to be Rookie of the year cause between these guys and Rome its RB locked up already after a nothing so special game.

They didn't have to much to say about there boy VY though.

I hate to say this, but i would rather have a 140+ all purpose yd. game from Bush than nothing from Williams. I have said it all along~~This was and will always be the worst pick in Texans History. Its like going to the track in a Vette with a Beetle engine. Man, he looked bad out there...there was even one instance were he bounced off Westbrook or maybe it was his back up, if i'm not mistaking, and fell to the ground. Hell, he should have killed that little back in my opinion. By the way Bush will be Rookie of the yr. Sorry dude just call em like i see em.
Koolbrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006   #14
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 213437 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't see the spin. McClain is just reporting the facts. 5 sacks are an issue because it's always been an issue with this team.

As far as Carr's individual stats...so what. We only scored 10 points (all in the first half) and had the ball 9 minutes on offense in the second half. I'm not sure how much of a headline of "Carr Did Not Turnover the Ball" is, to be honest (unless it's "Dog Bites Man" in this town).

He could have said our running game was pathetic, and it would still be factual. But it seems like a pretty dry news account to me.
Old 09-12-2006   #15
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 146985 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txn_in_VA
Damn I wish I was in Houston.

Mmmmm.... Shipley's...
o u bastid...

shiiiiippppppllllleeeeeeyyyyyy's.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006   #16
TexasJedi
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koolbrz
I hate to say this, but i would rather have a 140+ all purpose yd. game from Bush than nothing from Williams. I have said it all along~~This was and will always be the worst pick in Texans History. Its like going to the track in a Vette with a Beetle engine. Man, he looked bad out there...there was even one instance were he bounced off Westbrook or maybe it was his back up, if i'm not mistaking, and fell to the ground. Hell, he should have killed that little back in my opinion. By the way Bush will be Rookie of the yr. Sorry dude just call em like i see em.
I agree Mario did not look good, or the defense as whole for that matter. The back who shed his tackle, and that's how I would describe it, was Buckhalter. He did not bounce off, he tried to tackle him from behind, Buckhalter kept his legs moving and Mario lost his grip I guess. My point is that he did not really bounce off in the sense that somone like Earl Campbell did not put his helmet through Mario's chest.
-Mario #90
TexasJedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006   #17
Sportsfan
All Pro

I like McClain. Don't always agree w/his bold predictions but the man knows almost everybody in the NFL and is a very professional reporter w/very good and accurate information. The way he interprets it, i don't always agree with though. But still I have great respect for what he does and appreciate it.
Sportsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006   #18
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 9120 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek

I'm not always (not usually) a fan of McClain's work but IMO these latest blog entries are pretty accurate.
Old 09-12-2006   #19
Rightnow
Veteran

I didn't agree with him about VY but he was spot on about the Texans this week. After the first 1 1/2 quarters they looked pathetic and became the 2005 Texans. I thought for a minute they'd pan to the sidelines and Dom would be standing there open-mouthed.

I wonder how many years it will be before the Texans have an offense that can protect a QB. Whether it is Carr, Sage or a new draft pick this is getting totally out of hand. How many more teams this year will simply pin their ears back and blitz until David is in the hospital? New coaches, some new players, new scheme, same results. I have to say that I'm sick of it.
Old 09-12-2006   #20
geofb
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by valleytexfan
Indeed. Can't stand the tub of lard.
geofb is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read