Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 09-11-2006   #1
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 12366 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon
Default Cowboy Fans are Angry.

http://blog.dallascowboys.com/forums/thread/25307.aspx

Funny how optimistic they are at first...

Looks like they want Romo.
Old 09-11-2006   #2
RiotCommander
All Pro

Send a message via ICQ to RiotCommander Send a message via AIM to RiotCommander

Bledsoe is a great QB if he has all day to throw. Its a good thing he is in Dallas and not here. He would look like a worthless lout here. I'm just suprised they have not drafted a QB prospect to build behind Bledsoe. I'm not too fond of Romo, but much like Carr people always want the backup in when the starter has a rough time of it.
Old 09-11-2006   #3
Texan Asylum
Christian

Rep Power: 17420 Texan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respected

Humm...just glancing over it, sounds alot like what's being said here on our MB.
Old 09-11-2006   #4
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 12366 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan Asylum
Humm...just glancing over it, sounds alot like what's being said here on our MB.
Yeah, i was going to wait until someone made fun of the cowgirls before I blasted that one.
Old 09-11-2006   #5
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerfulDragon
http://blog.dallascowboys.com/forums/thread/25307.aspx

Funny how optimistic they are at first...

Looks like they want Romo.
Remember how optimistic this board was before the start of the '05 season?
Huge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006   #6
Snapple
Veteran

Bledsoe can still be not just a good QB but a great QB. He needs protection though. He got great pass protection in New England, and so has Tom Brady for most of his career. In Buffalo and Dallas, Bledsoe has been rattled and thrown off his back foot a lot. That's lead to a lot of underthrown balls and as a result, INTs.

Now, it's possible that Tony Romo could be a great QB in the future, but Romo is too green to get the Cowboys to the playoffs THIS YEAR. The Cowboys still have a great chance to make the playoffs this year, so it would be foolish imo to bail on Bledsoe so soon.

The Giants made this mistake in 2004. They were 5-4 with Kurt Warner as the starter and in the thick of a playoff race. They weren't satisfied, they switched to Eli, and Eli went 1-6 as a starter, obviously a lot worse than Warner. Now, maybe the extra playing experience has helped Eli, but putting him in knocked them out of the playoffs then.

I think the Cowboys are angry at the way the Jaguars game went down, and as a result they're going to take it out on the Redskins next week. I think the Redskins are going to get pummelled, and maybe that will quiet down the cries for Romo.
Snapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006   #7
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28939 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

I think if Bledsoe wins a Super Bowl this year, he may be a borderline Hall of Famer. That is if he has a good year.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-12-2006   #8
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52069 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam
I think if Bledsoe wins a Super Bowl this year...
Not gonna happen.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006   #9
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotCommander
Bledsoe is a great QB if he has all day to throw. Its a good thing he is in Dallas and not here. He would look like a worthless lout here. I'm just suprised they have not drafted a QB prospect to build behind Bledsoe. I'm not too fond of Romo, but much like Carr people always want the backup in when the starter has a rough time of it.
That makes him half of a great QB, IMHO. Anyone can do damage if they have all day to throw, jeez. Insert Peyton Mannng. The thing about Peyton, though, is that he is able to release the ball quickly when under pressure. He is just a QB on a different level that Bledsoe.
Old 09-12-2006   #10
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 209608 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huge
Remember how optimistic the Texans forum was before this season?
Old 09-12-2006   #11
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52069 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Even Peyton looked pretty stupid, or so I hear, when Pittsburgh put major pressure on him in the playoffs last year.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006   #12
SESupergenius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huge
What, you mean all the Carr Hate threads???
Old 09-12-2006   #13
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel
Remember how optimistic the Texans forum was before this season?
That's good stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SESupergenius
What, you mean all the Carr Hate threads???
No. I mean the predictions of 9-7 or better or making the playoffs. Yes, they were on here.

"Anger" from a loss of a football game comes from your expectations of that game. I'm sure many were disappointed with the Texans' loss because they expected Houston to win (or at least play better than they did). So I'm not too angry about a road loss to a team that finished 12-4 last season and has one of the best front fours in the league.

If we lose to Washington next week, then I'll be ticked.
Old 09-12-2006   #14
HowBoutThemCowboys!
All Pro

Rep Power: 29 HowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performer

Honestly speaking, how do you expect Cowboy fans to react? IMO, it really is nothing compared to what I'm seeing here, or any other board after a loss. Cowboy fans have come to expect an unbridled tradition of excellence, worthy of our 5 Rings.. When a supposedly Super-Bowl bound team already receives its first loss, before division plays against the vigours of the Giants, Redskins, and Eagles, it's something to be alarmed about.. Especially when you starter throws three picks to boot.

Dallas Cowboys- 5 Time World Champions
HowBoutThemCowboys! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006   #15
Huge
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head-001
F*CKACOWBOY! And their idiot fans too. I've never seen a professional football team with a greater sense of entitlement. They need to come to grips with the fact that Frisco got 5 Lombardi trophies BEFORE they did and that Pittsburgh has a realistic shot at being the first team to get 6.
They lost to Jacksonville because Jacksonville played a better game than they did. Someone should hand Bledsoe a towel to dry himself off...cause he's been washed up for a while. Romo? Hey Personally I hope the pokes don't let him in until AFTER they play the Texans and I hope Bledsoe has the worst game of his career.
As a former Oiler fan, when Cowboys and their fans are unhappy...I'm bloody DELIRIOUS!

DH
Old 09-12-2006   #16
texanforlife
Rookie

No way that Dallas makes it to the Superbowl. Heck I dont think they will ever make the playoffs after the way they looked against the Jags.
texanforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006   #17
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 59622 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Jags have a good defense, they make a lot of teams look bad.
Old 09-12-2006   #18
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 374 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Brad Sham..the play by play radio guy for the Cowboys..was saying last Sunday during the broadcast that Bledsoe has something wrong with his back.

If that's so it's Romo time.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read