Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-11-2006   #1
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Who tore their ACL?

I was just watching the Kubiak press conference and he mentioned someone tearing their ACL. Anyone know who he was talking about?
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006   #2
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 147126 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEEL BLUE TEXANS
I was just watching the Kubiak press conference and he mentioned someone tearing their ACL. Anyone know who he was talking about?
When Buchanon had his first return, he appeared to hyperextend his knee in an odd mannor. I think he made an attempt to come back in on another return. He was gone after that. I'm curious as well.
Old 09-11-2006   #3
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

I think he said Buchanan was day-to-day.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006   #4
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 147126 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I think he said Buchanan was day-to-day.
Hmm....I don't know then. I didn't notice anyone else being hurt. Still
Old 09-11-2006   #5
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 200878 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Was it Roc Alexander

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006   #6
Reddevil63
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 Reddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotReddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to Reddevil63 Send a message via Yahoo to Reddevil63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34
Was it Roc Alexander
Tough break, I guess we are in the market for another DB.
Old 09-11-2006   #7
real

Quote:
Was it Roc Alexander
I think that sounds right...
Sponsored links
Old 09-11-2006   #8
humbleone
Veteran

Quote:
I think he was talking about Roc Alexander but I don't know for sure.
humbleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006   #9
MadBurgerMaker
Rookie

Rep Power: 15 MadBurgerMaker could be on the next Madden coverMadBurgerMaker could be on the next Madden coverMadBurgerMaker could be on the next Madden coverMadBurgerMaker could be on the next Madden coverMadBurgerMaker could be on the next Madden coverMadBurgerMaker could be on the next Madden cover

Alexander was sitting on the ground holding his knee after his one return. Everyone seemed to completely ignore him....he was in the upper left corner of the....er...camera frame, etc. The announcers made absolutely no mention of him at all, IIRC.
MadBurgerMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006   #10
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Quote:
Originally Posted by humbleone
I think he was talking about Roc Alexander but I don't know for sure.
Ah! That's right!:brickwall
Old 09-11-2006   #11
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 7167 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Was it Roc Alexander
Yea. I saw him exiting the stadium after that play, though I missed the actually injury. According to yall so did everyone else. Hope the kid is alright, we can't have all these injuries.

P.S. - P Buc scared me. Every time he returned he got bent into an odd angle.
Old 09-11-2006   #12
wolf123
All Pro

Rep Power: 2802 wolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respected

On SR 610, Kubiak just stated that Roc Alexander tore his ACL and Buchanon tweaked his ankle. Said Buchanon could take a little while to recoop, so they will try Edell Sheppard out on KR/PR. Also, Taylor may try if Shep's not doing well
wolf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006   #13
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 78716 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

So when is there going to be an open try out for DBs and punt returners?

Maybe there is going to be an Invincible 2.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006   #14
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toan
They say Alexander is done for the year, does this mean we can pick get another guy from the waiver wire?
absolutely.
Old 09-11-2006   #15
Mr. B
Rookie

If I heard Kubiak correctly they are going to Pick Chris Taylor back up.

But not 100% sure on this. Thought I caught this on his radio show this afternoon

B
Mr. B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006   #16
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 11661 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek

I believe Chris Taylor is already on active roster, and was as of late last week. He's not listed on the Players list but is shown on the depth chart. Either way I am pretty sure he was activated; surprised there hasn't been mention of it yet.

I was looking forward to seeing Roc on defense. At this point we legitimately need Faggins back, and the fact that we "need" Faggins is in and of itself cause for concern. We really need P Buc to step it up because we desperately need his athleticism.
Old 09-11-2006   #17
Mr. B
Rookie

Was he on the practice squad and now they are bringing him onto the team maybe.

B
Mr. B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006   #18
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 11661 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. B
Was he on the practice squad and now they are bringing him onto the team maybe.

B
Believe he went practice squad immediately after being cut and was put on active roster late last week.
Old 09-12-2006   #19
socalfan
Rookie

Taylor was placed on the active roster and they cut Roy Manning. Taylor was inactive for the game. This makes no sense to me. Today they cut Taylor.
socalfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006   #20
12Gage
Rookie

Damn, I didn't even realize Roc got injured. I seen him on the sidelines in the first half and I was wondering if he would get a chance to play, it must have been one of his few times on the field. He was some young DB help we needed, that sucks.
12Gage is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read