Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-19-2004   #1
texansfan88
All Pro

Default Would all of you stop crying already?

Jeez, so we're 0-2, oh well. theres 14 games left to be played

I cant believe there are people here that are turning against the team they root for, well yes I can, because its been happening for 3 years now.

its sad to see that so many people want capers and palmer gone. Do you know why they have the job and you dont? I do. its b/c they know exactly what they're doing. Do I like to lose? no, but you guys are looking at the negatives and thats it.

I'm tired of all of you acting like its the end of the world when we lose a game. Get real and grow up. No one should have expected this team to be an elite team in their 3rd year.

If you want to cry, stop rooting for the Texans, go somewhere else, and dont spread your propaganda of firing capers and palmer here, cuz I for one am sick of all of you fair-weather fans.

Go Texans
texansfan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004   #2
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1312 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected

I haven't turned on the team. I just realize we royally stink. We are giving away winnable games. I will root for the Texans as long as they are in existence, but we look horrible. We don't have a hair of a chance vs. Kansas City. It stinks we had to start 0-6, but whatever.

-Ben Franklin
281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004   #3
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

i dont think we are turning against the team, we are upset because the Texans gave us reasons to be excited about this season and then lay a goose egg in the win column through week two when we and the team thought that they have a goose egg in the loss column...

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004   #4
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

How come every time a few people get upset someone has to come and tell us that thewe are wrong for being upset. We put alot into being fans, we put things on hold to watch games, attend draft parties, spend thousands on season tickets. It hurts to see them lose, especially the way they lose. We have right to be upset, we are not turning on them. I'll still be at all 7 home games that are left. And beside, someone telling us not to be mad will not stop us from being mad.
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004   #5
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

If I was a fairweather fan i wouldnt still be here posting.

I back up my team 100% on game day.. but backing up your team doesnt mean you have to shut your mouth when it doesnt seem like something is right.

We run a 3-4. a 3-4 is supposed to be quick and aggressive.. have we looked quick and aggressive to you? me neither.. so what is wrong? Do we need a better defensive coordinator? I refuse to beleive that all the tools arent there because we have almost the same lineup we did in the first season... only BETTER.

As for the offense.. we have 4 good receivers and they are hardly touching the ball.. the two touchdowns we got in the lions game were due to LONG passes to Johnson and Bradford.. HEEERREEEES your sign. The run SETS UP THE PASS.. but in our offense the run apparently sets up the run. Conservative is fine AT TIMES.. but damn it when it starts to look like our defense is losing the battle.. when special teams is struggling.. YOU HAVE TO GIVE THE OFFENSE THE CHANCE TO PICK UP THE SLACK. We just keep handing it to davis, hoping he will bust a 40 yard rush.. well he isnt doing it.. he just keeps dropping the ball.. PASS PASS PASS PASS PASS PASS PASS.

I love my Texans, I will always be a Texans fan.. but that doesnt mean I have to pat my team on the back when they lose a game.. especially not when we could have won it.

That was NOT an exciting game.. that was frustrating at best.. to keep watching them hand the ball to Davis, KNOWING that he wasnt going to break a long run this game and that we NEED to get it to our receivers.

whatever.. I know that every sunday we are gonna have the headhunters out here calling for people to get fired.. Im not very fond of them either.. but I would not be disappointed to see a changing of the guard.. at least in the case of Fangio and Palmer.

Capers and Casserly I still think are very intelligent guys who can get things done.. but I think they need new help.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004   #6
thetexanator
All Pro

Rep Power: 3484 thetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respected

20 bux say texans fan has a little thing for capers. no we didnt expect to be an ELITE team, but if ur not a little pissed for losing to the chargers and lions, teams we SHOULD be beating then ur in denial. im sorry we cant be thankful that we only had three turnovers and not 4, or that we only lost by 12 points. im sorry us fairweather fans cant find something good from two horrible performances. im sorry we cant all compensate for our short comings like u big man.
thetexanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004   #7
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

^^^^Thank you Grid, just what I was thinking. Couldn't have said it better.^^^
Sponsored links
Old 09-19-2004   #8
texansfan88
All Pro

you guys will be over it by tuesday...but what is complaining going to do? honestly, can you tell me what that is gonna solve?
Old 09-19-2004   #9
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17176 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan281
I haven't turned on the team. I just realize we royally stink. We are giving away winnable games. I will root for the Texans as long as they are in existence, but we look horrible. We don't have a hair of a chance vs. Kansas City. It stinks we had to start 0-6, but whatever.
I wouldn't say the Texans royally stink. In today's NFL there are no gimmies. Parity and free agency gives every team the chance to become better quickly. The Texans just lost to the team that beat the team that just beat the team that beat the defending NFC champion Panthers. Oh yeah, and the Texans beat them last year. I don't know what that all means except any team can win. I'd be more worried if they were strongly outplayed. Neither the Chargers or the Lions outplayed the Texans.
TexanBacker93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004   #10
texansfan88
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetexanator
20 bux say texans fan has a little thing for capers. no we didnt expect to be an ELITE team, but if ur not a little pissed for losing to the chargers and lions, teams we SHOULD be beating then ur in denial. im sorry we cant be thankful that we only had three turnovers and not 4, or that we only lost by 12 points. im sorry us fairweather fans cant find something good from two horrible performances. im sorry we cant all compensate for our short comings like u big man.
well, i'm not pissed, because I know that the Chargers and Lions could have been beating the Los Angeles Californians these past 2 weeks instead of the Houston Texans. Be greatful for what you have.

and you cant find anything good about today?

How about David Carr's 300 yards and 2 touchdowns?
Old 09-19-2004   #11
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

It solves nothing, but what does complaining about other people complaining solve??
Old 09-19-2004   #12
CyberTexan
Veteran

unfortunately we cant vent our frustration to the players or coaches and this is the only way to do so for us other than kicking the dog or beating the wife LOL
CyberTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004   #13
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by texansfan88
you guys will be over it by tuesday...but what is complaining going to do? honestly, can you tell me what that is gonna solve?
This is a message board, we can post what is on our minds...

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Old 09-19-2004   #14
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

Screw it.. give Hollings the start.. if nothing else maybe it will force our offensive coordinator to open his eyes and realize we have playmakers at WR that arent getting the ball enough.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004   #15
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Yes when they draft a QB #1 overall, a WR #3 overall, and a WR with the 1st pick of round 2, we are going to expect to see the ball flying all over the place.
Old 09-19-2004   #16
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTP2110
Yes when they draft a QB #1 overall, a WR #3 overall, and a WR with the 1st pick of round 2, we are going to expect to see the ball flying all over the place.
that was my thinking going into the year...

Old 09-19-2004   #17
texansfan88
All Pro

I guess I'm not a passionate fan, I dont know. All I know is I'm still excited about how they're playing.

Carr had 300 yds and 2 tds today. I'm not upset at all. The lions are a really good team and I'm glad we kept them in check most of the game. We have a tough stretch coming up, but I think if we can stay healthy, we have a shot. I'm excited with some of the blitz packages I saw in the first half that put pressure on harrington.

theres no reason to complain. I lose my voice just as well as the next guy at games, but I couldnt be happier to just have a team here. stop being mad all the time. things will get better, and if they dont, then you just have to change a few things...but now is not the time to panic
Old 09-19-2004   #18
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by texansfan88
Carr had 300 yds and 2 tds today. I'm not upset at all. The lions are a really good team and I'm glad we kept them in check most of the game. We have a tough stretch coming up, but I think if we can stay healthy, we have a shot. I'm excited with some of the blitz packages I saw in the first half that put pressure on harrington.
He didnt get the 300 yards by torching the defense. He got it by dumping it off. Dave Ragone could have gotten 300 yards today if you told him to dump it off to Davis...

Old 09-19-2004   #19
texansfan88
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by WINTEXANSWIN
I am not speaking for some of the stuff you see on this board, because I agree with you on some of the things that are posted on here. BUT, when fans vent, this usually means they are die-hard fans. It does not mean that are giving up on their team. Unlike, Vinny, who is an NFL follower and not a Texan fan, I care about my team. It hurts when we lose. That doesn't mean I am a fair-weather fan. It means I expect the best from our team. We are not executing right now, so I am angry. I have that right as a fan. And if I were NOT angry, I would just be an NFL follower like Vinny.
i'm just as big of a texans fan as each and everyone of you (except for dressing up in football pads and acting "weird" to get attention drawn to myself), but theres no reason at all to be mad. sure, we lose, we're 0-2 okay.

what can we do to change the past? just move forward to the next game.

I like the team and feel they are great. I just feel like looking at the positives instead of worrying about the negatives.
Old 09-19-2004   #20
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WINTEXANSWIN
I am not speaking for some of the stuff you see on this board, because I agree with you on some of the things that are posted on here. BUT, when fans vent, this usually means they are die-hard fans. It does not mean that are giving up on their team. Unlike, Vinny, who is an NFL follower and not a Texan fan, I care about my team. It hurts when we lose. That doesn't mean I am a fair-weather fan. It means I expect the best from our team. We are not executing right now, so I am angry. I have that right as a fan. And if I were NOT angry, I would just be an NFL follower like Vinny.
You don't know me and your comments are just silly. I don't know why you want to pull me in here into this argument. Grow up please. Your personal comments about me are not going to get you anywhere. Trust me on that.
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read