Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-11-2006   #1
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Statistical breakdown of Carr's performance

You guys know me... I am not a big fan of David Carr. I was disappointed in him (again) on Sunday because I thought he could have made a few more plays. However, he was statistically better than a lot QB's in the NFL and better than what we saw last year on average...

QB rating: 102.1 ('05 average 77.2) NFL Ranking = 5
Completion %: 66.7 ('05 average 60%) NFL Ranking = 7
Yards Per Attempt: 7.7 ('05 average 5.8) NFL Ranking = 7
20+ yard completions: 3 ('05 total = 18)
40+ yard completions: 1 ('05 total = 2)
Passing Yards: 208 ('05 average 156)

The thing that jumps out to me the most is that he was throwing downfield more than normal and doing it successfully. This wasn't a breakout game by any stretch, but maybe he is turning the corner...
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006   #2
Battle Red Flash
Veteran

Rep Power: 25 Battle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performer
Default Carr done good.

I think it was funny that Carr was booed on both of the scoring drives. Seems people went there just to boo him.
Old 09-11-2006   #3
Texans86
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battle Red Flash
I think it was funny that Carr was booed on both of the scoring drives. Seems people went there just to boo him.
People would rather see him fail than succeed. It's sad really.
Old 09-11-2006   #4
Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by the wonger need food
You guys know me... I am not a big fan of David Carr. I was disappointed in him (again) on Sunday because I thought he could have made a few more plays. However, he was statistically better than a lot QB's in the NFL and better than what we saw last year on average...

The thing that jumps out to me the most is that he was throwing downfield more than normal and doing it successfully. This wasn't a breakout game by any stretch, but maybe he is turning the corner...
Wonger thanks for the stats. IMO Carr will get better every game just a slow process. Give him the season as the O-Line inproves so does carr. I know your not a fan but I think the 1st drive is a glimps of the future.
Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006   #5
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 88794 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I finally get the feeling that it is possible for you to have a little objectivity when it comes to Carr.
One post doesn't make a trend though...
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006   #6
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm
I finally get the feeling that it is possible for you to have a little objectivity when it comes to Carr.
One post doesn't make a trend though...
Carr had been a sub-par NFL QB over his previous 30 or so games. Yesterday was the first time in a long time that he looked decent. Not good, but decent.

Let's just hope that trend continues.
Old 09-11-2006   #7
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 31248 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Thanks for the stat break down Wonger. It is kinda shocking to see that has already completed 1/2 of his plays for 40+ yards that he had all of last year and it was only game 1. I am curious how many attempts were taken at the long ball last year ( I know not many at all). Do you have that stat as well? Hopefully this progression trend will continue, I'm not ready to give up on the lad yet. I just feel bad for ruining his career with our last regime if he can't be salvaged at this point because there wasn't a lot of question about his potential or athleticism coming out of college, it's mainly been after being pummeled for 4 straight years.
Old 09-11-2006   #8
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

He had a 134.4 quarterback rating in the first half.

I found his performance remarkable given how terrible the run game was. In the past, if the run game was sorry, we were just doomed.
Old 09-11-2006   #9
Titan "Tack" Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 44 Titan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah but you forgot this one very important stat:

David Carr (0-1)
Old 09-11-2006   #10
Blu
All Pro

Send a message via Yahoo to Blu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan "Tack" Fan

David Carr (0-1)
3-4, 1 INT!
Titans 0-1 (against the jets no less)
Collins? 4 shots and a tall boy.hehehe!

Last edited by Blu; 09-11-2006 at 02:55 PM.
Blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006   #11
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan "Tack" Fan

David Carr (0-1)
You know about 0-1 don't you.

Anyways. Our offense struggled today because 2nd down always became 2 and 10 or longer for a good part of the day.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006   #12
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8734 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

how did you like your seats? i saw one of the helment guys on tv.
utahmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006   #13
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by markbeth
how did you like your seats? i saw one of the helment guys on tv.

The seats are great. On most plays, I was closer to the Eagles WR's than our Cornerbacks.

You probably saw us on TV also. We were on the Jumbotron thing like 5 times.
Old 09-11-2006   #14
PhillyFan
Veteran

Quote:
The seats are great. On most plays, I was closer to the Eagles WR's than our Cornerbacks.

Im sorry, but that is funny :P
PhillyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006   #15
SESupergenius

The wonger giving props to Carr? What parallel universe am I in? Is this one of those wierd Star Trek episodes?

Seriously, I commend him for at least giving him half a credit.
Old 09-11-2006   #16
RiotCommander
All Pro

Send a message via ICQ to RiotCommander Send a message via AIM to RiotCommander

In the first half it felt like I was watching another team. Everything just seemed to be working (Except the running game). We made some stupid mistakes, but those are very correctable.

The Eagles adjustments at halftime were the difference in the game.

I'm feeling very positive about this team. I think we will continue to grow each week. We have a brutal early schedule, but we could surprise some teams.
Old 09-11-2006   #17
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 39244 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Carr played well in the first quarter. After that he and the remiander of the offense fell into a lull save for a failed attempt in the RZ which resulted in a FG.

I am still waiting for an adjustment to ever be made by a Texans offense. I trust there is a piece of the Kubiak/Sherman tutelage that has not been offered as of yet and that is actual film breakdown over the course of the game. You must have a baseline and yesterday's game is just that. We will get better. No turnovers is a step in the right direction.
Old 09-11-2006   #18
bigTEXan8
All Pro

Default ...

the secondary was a pure embarrassment yesterday. don't get me wrong; stallworth is a solid WR, westbrook is as dangerous out of the backfield as any RB in the game, but they looked like men amongst boys. it sems like d-rob has lost that fire.
Old 09-11-2006   #19
afcman
Veteran

To be fair.....a lot of QB's had a bad day. Lets wait for about 4-5 games.
afcman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006   #20
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battle Red Flash
The loud boo I would hope would be for the offensive line. I know that Carr took some boos for tripping backwards out of the snap.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read