Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-11-2006   #1
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 58383 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected
Exclamation Mario Williams will bounce back.

As the poster who shares his name, I think I need to step in and make a positive comment about our newest #1 draft pick.

While I hear the grumblings of Fan A, and Fan B, I also realize that this is week one of 16. I will be the first to agree with you that Mario was a non factor in yesterdays game. I will be the first to agree that he needs to step it up. But lets keep in mind that this is his first full 60 minute NFL game. Lets keep in mind that the learning curve for a DE is more dificult than a RB. Lets keep in mind that as long as he works his ass off to get better (which he is) he deserves a chance to redeem himself. A chance to show the fans why he was taken ahead of the big 2.

Give the guy a chance. Its week 1.

Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006   #2
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 411 Hulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respected

He will be fine, just has to react faster, that will come.
Hulk75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006   #3
real

The Texans orginization could feed some of us water and make us believe it's ice cream....
Old 09-11-2006   #4
LORK 88
Wreck'em Ŧech!

Rep Power: 202 LORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to LORK 88

Heaven forbid a rookie doesnt play like an all pro week 1 . . .
Old 09-11-2006   #5
Texans86
All Pro

To me it looked like he was thinking extremely hard about what he was doing most of the game. That will always slow a player down. Once he gets completely up to speed and on top of things, I expect him to be much better. One week down, only sixteen left. Dang
Old 09-11-2006   #6
Texas
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to Texas

I agree its week one...relax things will get better!
Old 09-11-2006   #7
Bsacamano
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario
As the poster who shares his name, I think I need to step in and make a positive comment about our newest #1 draft pick.

While I hear the grumblings of Fan A, and Fan B, I also realize that this is week one of 16. I will be the first to agree with you that Mario was a non factor in yesterdays game. I will be the first to agree that he needs to step it up. But lets keep in mind that this is his first full 60 minute NFL game. Lets keep in mind that the learning curve for a DE is more dificult than a RB. Lets keep in mind that as long as he works his ass off to get better (which he is) he deserves a chance to redeem himself. A chance to show the fans why he was taken ahead of the big 2.

Give the guy a chance. Its week 1.

Fair Enough.....It's probably unfair that he is facing this much criticism so early in his career. I think the reason is that we made such a controversial decision in drafting him over Bush, that folks wanted and needed to see something from him early. The fact that we haven't is a real bummer
Bsacamano is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-11-2006   #8
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by LORK 88
Heaven forbid a rookie doesnt play like an all pro week 1 . . .
He's not just any rookie...That exscuse would work for Spencer, Winston..yada yada...Mario was the first pick of the draft...He is not and should not be evaluated on the same level as every other rookie....

Heaven forbid the first pick of the draft doesn't show any signs of life...
Old 09-11-2006   #9
Texans86
All Pro

Talk to Alex Smith about being the first pick in the draft. He was the worst NFL quarterback last year. Only one touchdown pass all season. Yesterday he actually came to life and started to look like an NFL quarterback. These things take time.
Old 09-11-2006   #10
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 17967 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx
He's not just any rookie...That exscuse would work for Spencer, Winston..yada yada...Mario was the first pick of the draft...He is not and should not be evaluated on the same level as every other rookie....

Heaven forbid the first pick of the draft doesn't show any signs of life...
Translation: He's not Reggie Bush
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006   #11
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans86
Talk to Alex Smith about being the first pick in the draft. He was the worst NFL quarterback last year. Only one touchdown pass all season. Yesterday he actually came to life and started to look like an NFL quarterback. These things take time.
So the learning curve for a QB and DE are the same now...Alex smith made a lot of mental errors during his 1st year...I expect the same from Mario...But All we've heard about is his physical tools and I have yet to see it translate on the field.....
Old 09-11-2006   #12
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 109114 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I thought you should have kept your old name Blake...you had an identy here then...nobody knows who you are now.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006   #13
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battle Red Bull
Translation: He's not Reggie Bush
Im not sure what you meant by that...but no he isn't Reggie Bush...Reggie Bush was the best player in that draft....I still believe that Mario will help our team more in the long run...atleast that is what I am hoping...
Old 09-11-2006   #14
Blake
MMQB

Rep Power: 58383 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You act like every #1 overall draft pick but Williams has had a stellar first year. There is a reason the Texans got the first pick. They are a project just like Williams.

Last edited by Blake; 09-11-2006 at 02:11 PM.
Old 09-11-2006   #15
Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry
Veteran

Quote:
The Texans orginization could feed some of us water and make us believe it's ice cream....
I like cookies and cream.
Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006   #16
real

Quote:
You act like every #1 overall draft pick but Williams has had a stellar first year. There is a reason the Texans got the first pick. They are a project just like Williams.
oh so we took a project with the first overall pick...don't make me laugh...

And you don't seem to get it...He is a human just like the rest of the players...but he was drafted #1 sorta like that david guy...He will always be subject to mass scrutiny just because of how he came into the leauge...He sucked yesterday and did not show much to be excited about...Don't be so naive and assume Mario will be a beast because Kubiak and CO. told you so....I'm not saying Mario isn't going to be everything that he's hyped to be...Do I think He will at any point be better than Bush ? Heck no...But I do think that He will bring more success to our team by strenghthening our weak defense...Whether not he was worthy of being taken #1...that remains to be seen...
Old 09-11-2006   #17
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 12366 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Bounce back? he hasn't been anywhere to bounce back to.

all that aside, we've gotta give him at least a year to develop.
Old 09-11-2006   #18
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 59622 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

When Mario starts breaking some O-line fingers to shed some of those holds, he'll be on his way.
Old 09-11-2006   #19
Blake
MMQB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
I thought you should have kept your old name Blake...you had an identy here then...nobody knows who you are now.
I understand your point, but my old username(at that time) meant something to me. Now-a-days it means nothing, so I figured now would be the best time for a change up. Kind of like how I thought this year would have been the best time to get a new QB. But thats in the past...
Old 09-11-2006   #20
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 109114 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I understand your point, but my old username(at that time) meant something to me. Now-a-days it means nothing, so I figured now would be the best time for a change up. Kind of like how I thought this year would have been the best time to get a new QB. But thats in the past...
i understand...I just thought that you were a solid poster with a good history and some of our casual fans may not connect you with your earlier screen name.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read