Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 09-11-2006   #1
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2409 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Branch traded to Seahawks

On ESPN, the bottom ticker said that Deion Branch has been traded to the Seahawks for a 2007 first rounder.
dtran04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006   #2
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 82854 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Deion Branch a Seachicken

Patriots trade Branch to Seahawks for a 2007 first round pick.
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006   #3
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 82854 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtran04
On ESPN, the bottom ticker said that Deion Branch has been traded to the Seahawks for a 2007 first rounder.
I guess we're both sitting around watching ESPN today?
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006   #4
HomeBred_Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 HomeBred_Texan is a Pro BowlerHomeBred_Texan is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm
I guess we're both sitting around watching ESPN today?
More than both. I am watching ESPN and the MB, LOL....
Old 09-11-2006   #5
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2409 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm in between classes so yeah....
dtran04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006   #6
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3753 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

That's going to make them even better now....Looks like they have a lock on the NFC as of now..
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006   #7
Sportsfan
All Pro

http://www.houstontexans.com/fan_zon...ad.php?t=28042
Sportsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-11-2006   #8
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

That's a lot to pay for a 6, 7 year vet WR but clearly an indication that the
Seahawks are pulling out all the stops this year to get back in the SB and win it. Of course if Seattle does that well, this is virtually a 2nd rounder.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006   #9
texanforlife
Rookie

I think that its a good pick up fo the Hawks. A bit pricey for a vet but you got yo do what you got to do to get to the superbowl
texanforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006   #10
FILO_girl
I'm not here

Rep Power: 63 FILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respected

Very, very good move on the Seachickens part. They are a contender again this year, IMO.
FILO_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006   #11
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Too bad Branch has to pay 600,000$ for all the time he missed. Hope they sign him a bigg'un. Also, the Pats sued the Jets for trying to negotiate trade agreement without their permission. I think Belichick and Bob Kraft are getting an excellent deal out of this. Even if the Seahawks have the 32nd pick next year.... Belichick is a draft guru. Ever heard of Ben Watson? He was the 32nd pick two years ago. He is a future Hall of Famer. If you don't believe me, watch him play... or just look at his stats for the Buffalo game. You could watch tape on the postseason last year, too.... he dominated.

The Hawks will not beat the Panthers. I have foreseen this.
Old 09-12-2006   #12
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by FILO_girl
Very, very good move on the Seachickens part. They are a contender again this year, IMO.
Totally disagree.

Deion Branch is not worth a 1st round pick. And anytime you give up a pick, it should be for a player that is going to get you over the hump. Branch is not that good of a player.

New England continues to take advantage of personnel offices around the league.
Huge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006   #13
bigTEXan8
All Pro

Default ...

branch is probabl one of top, all around wrs in the game. not flashy, not "superstar" status, but solid. good route runner, god hands. is he worth the first round...my gut says no. but when all seatlle lost of a lg, and the put up a whoppin' 9 points against detroit...it may be worth a first round to them. i'm kind of worrie because burleson is on my fantasy team...i wonder what that does to him?
Old 09-12-2006   #14
928sniper
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtran04
I was hoping the Eagles would get him.

You'd think that of all teams the Eagles would see the guy's value...

Oh well, we do have Stallworth.

An Eagles v Seahawks NFC championship is a very real possibility.
928sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006   #15
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Branch signs six-year deal with Seahawks

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5959866

KIRKLAND, Wash. (AP) - Deion Branch doesn't mind his almost $600,000 in New England Patriots fines anymore. His holdout-turned-honeymoon has fixed that.

Branch can now write off the fines like a large phone bill after signing a $39 million, six-year contract with the Seattle Seahawks on Tuesday.

"I was losing a lot of money," Branch said.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read